Iddesleigh Road | Redland
An exquisite and truly breathtaking 5 double bedroom (2,804 sq. ft.), unique family home situated in an enviable location, high up in Redland on a peaceful side street close to Durdham Downs. Enjoying a stylish yet practical interior, a level south facing garden, off road parking for 2 cars and a garage.
Comprehensively renovated to exacting standards by the current owners with a quality and specification rarely seen in Bristol homes.
Wonderful location, on a neighbourly road close to Durdham Downs, Whiteladies Road and close to excellent schools (Redland Green circa 600 metres and Westbury Park circa 400 metres).
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through to a central entrance hallway, living room, reception 2/snug, large open sociable kitchen/dining/living area with lovely natural light provided by the south facing rear aspect. Ground floor wc, cloaks cupboard, understairs storage and utility room.
First Floor: galleried landing, bedroom 1 with ensuite shower room/wc and dressing room, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and family bathroom.
Second Floor: large loft suite/double bedroom with separate living area and ensuite shower room/wc, perfect for guests or dependent relatives.
A gorgeous south facing 68ft x 27ft private garden, providing a suntrap and perfect space for outdoor entertaining with low maintenance landscaping features. Further rear courtyard, a garage and two parking spaces.
- A breathtaking 5 bedroom unique family home
- Over 2,800 sq. ft of lateral accommodation
- Comprehensively renovated to exacting standards
- Stylish, yet practical interiors of exceptional quality
- Spectacular open plan kitchen/dining/living room
- 2 additional reception rooms
- Level 68ft south facing garden
- Off street parking for 2 vehicles PLUS garage
- Wonderful Redland location close to the Downs
- circa 600m to Redland Green School/400m to Westbury Park Primary
via a wide landscaped driveway providing off road parking for 2 vehicles side by side. The driveway is beside an attractive mature tree and vertical composite fencing and gate entering the gardens which lead up to the main front door to the house.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 17' 9'' x 7' 4'' (5.41m x 2.23m)
an impressive central entrance to the property with wonderful height and natural light provided by the high level glazed window and frameless skylight over and open tread contemporary staircase. The hallway has a generous recessed cloaks/boot cupboard, understairs storage cupboard and sliding pocket door leading through to the kitchen/dining space with impressive part glazed double doors through to the living area and further door off to a ground floor cloakroom/wc. Wall mounted alarm control panel, herringbone pattern limestone flooring with inset floor mat and inset LED lighting.
LIVING ROOM: 16' 10'' x 13' 3'' (5.13m x 4.04m)
a peaceful and well-proportioned dual aspect living room with wide Velfac sliding doors to front and rear elevations accessing the outdoor space, contemporary wood burning stove, feature ceiling pelmet with inset LED lighting and wall mounted controls for underfloor heating.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING AREA: 28' 10'' x 21' 4'' (8.78m x 6.50m)
an exceptional open space with bespoke hand finished oak kitchen comprising base and eye level units with large central island and integrated appliances including a 5 ring Elica gas hob with inset extraction, Miele oven and combi oven, wine fridge, and Fisher and Paykel American style integrated fridge with drawer freezer beneath, dishwasher, Kohler double steel sink set into a wide counter with glazing behind overlooking the rear courtyard garden. Generous living space with ample room for seating and dining furniture, 2 sets of large Velfac south facing glazed doors accessing the level and surprisingly private south facing garden, oak flooring with underfloor heating and door accessing the utility room and door off to reception 2/snug.
UTILITY ROOM: 20' 2'' x 6' 7'' (6.14m x 2.01m)
well designed utility space with the same units and attention to detail as the kitchen with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, small inset sink, generous recess which could be racked out to provide further storage, underfloor heating, door to rear accessing the rear courtyard garden and further door to front accessing the main garden. Sliding door accesses a ground floor cloakroom/wc.
low level wc with concealed Geberit cistern, Duravit wall mounted sink and limestone tiled hall.
RECEPTION 2/SNUG: 8' 10'' x 8' 8'' (2.69m x 2.64m)
a useful additional reception room, located off the main kitchen/dining/living space, perfect for a home office, child's sitting room or hobby space with double glazed windows to rear.
(off the reception hallway) a stylish ground floor cloakroom with painted panelled walls, low level wc with concealed cistern, polished concrete bowl sink with mirror over, obscured glazed Velfac window to rear, recessed alcove shelf and herringbone limestone floor with underfloor heating.
a spectacular galleried landing with frameless structural glazed panel over providing an abundance of natural light and lovely view up to the sky with further large double glazed panel to front overlooking the front garden with glass balustrade overhanging the entrance hallway. Double doors accessing the principal bedroom suite, further doors accessing bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and the family bathroom/shower/wc. Further door accessing the boiler cupboard, housing the pressurised hot water system and further understairs provides storage space as well as housing the mechanical & ventilation heat recovery system. Staircase rises to the second floor where the landing enters the guest suite/bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 1: 17' 5'' x 10' 1'' (5.30m x 3.07m)
a beautifully appointed principal bedroom with large double glazed windows to front, a walk in recessed dressing room, cast iron radiator and sliding pocket door accessing an ensuite shower room/wc.
Ensuite Shower Room/wc:
stunning ensuite shower room with walk in wet room style shower with dual headed system fed shower, alcove shelving with LED lighting, low level wc with concealed cistern, marble vanity unit with 2 Duravit inset sinks with oak shelving beneath, shaver point, heated towel rail, large electric skylight window and extraction.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 5'' x 11' 8'' (4.39m x 3.55m)
a double bedroom with 2 almost floor to ceiling double glazed windows to front, oak flooring and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 4'' x 11' 8'' (4.37m x 3.55m)
a good sized double bedroom with 2 large almost floor to ceiling double glazed windows to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 10' 0'' x 9' 5'' (3.05m x 2.87m)
a smaller double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear, and radiator.
sliding pocket door accesses a gorgeous family bathroom with a free standing double ended bath with floor mounted mixer taps and shower attachment, corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, recessed alcove shelf and low level wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash basin, inset spotlight, LED pelmet lighting and obscure double glazed window to rear.
BEDROOM 2: 29' 2'' x 18' 6'' (8.88m x 5.63m)
a staircase rises up into a fabulous double bedroom/guest suite with skylight windows to front, radiator, low level eaves storage and an open en suite with recessed shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, stone shower seat and porcelain tiled walls, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin, marble shelf, shaver point and heated towel rail.
OFF ROAD PARKING & GARAGE:
the property has the rare advantage of off road parking for 2 vehicles at the front of the property and a separate single garage (with tandem space in front) located to the rear allowing ample off road parking and storage.
GARDEN: 68' 0'' x 27' 0'' (20.71m x 8.22m)
beautifully landscaped low maintenance and surprisingly private level sunny garden enjoying a southerly aspect with attractive stone and fenced boundary walls with pleached hornbeams to front and side providing privacy from neighbouring buildings, a level artificial lawn section, stone tiled seating area with a composite decked space and handy access through to the utility room. Outdoor tap, outdoor lighting and power.
to the rear of the property there is an additional outside space attracting some of the late afternoon/early evening summer sunshine with gated access out to the rear forecourt where there is access to a single garage (the far left hand garage in a rank of garages behind the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.