Howecroft Gardens | Stoke Bishop
Set in a highly regarded and peaceful cul-de-sac overlooking a communal green - a large 4/5 bedroom, 2 reception 1950's semi-detached family house with garage, driveway parking and a sunny westerly facing rear garden.
The house is being sold for the first time in circa 50 years and so is understandably dated and offers potential to improve to individual requirements in the fullness of time.
Set in a favourable cul-de-sac location with local primary schools of Cedar Park and Elmlea within 850m - circa 800m from the access point for the Bristol Free School.
Local shops at the bottom of Stoke Hill are within a few hundred yards and convenient for shops at Stoke Lane, Whiteladies Road and Henleaze/Westbury Park. The nearby bridleway of Hollybush Lane offers a peaceful and traffic free walk up to the Downs.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, wc, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, conservatory.
First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, separate wc.
Outside: integral garage, front garden, rear garden
Offered with no onward chain.
- A large 1950's semi-detached family house
- Set in a highly regarded & peaceful cul-de-sac
- 4/5 bedrooms
- 2 receptions
- Kitchen and conservatory
- Integral garage
- Front garden and driveway parking
- Westerly facing rear garden
- Offered with no onward chain
- Council Tax Band E
from the front pathway leads to the left hand side and in turn to the side entrance to the subject property. Double glazed entrance door opening into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (12' 3'' x 8' 11'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (3.73m x 2.72m)
doors lead off to the sitting room, dining room and kitchen and in turn to a conservatory.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, opaque double glazed window to the side elevation.
DINING ROOM: (front) (16' 1'' into bay x 12' 2'') (4.90m x 3.71m)
double glazed bay window to the front elevation overlooking the front garden and central green for Howecroft Gardens, radiator, electric fire and tiled surround and wooden mantle.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (23' 5'' x 12' 4'' max into chimney recess) (7.13m x 3.76m)
generous room with double glazed sliding doors to the rear elevation and double glazed window to the side elevation, 2 radiators, stone effect fireplace and surround.
KITCHEN: (14' 2'' x 8' 11'') (4.31m x 2.72m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, window and door to the side elevation which look into and open into the conservatory. Range of wall of base units incorporating working surfaces, 1½ bowl sink unit and mixer tap, partially tiled walls, integral fridge/freezer, space for electric oven, space and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, radiator. Base mounted Ideal Mexico gas boiler.
CONSERVATORY: (12' 3'' x 7' 5'') (3.73m x 2.26m)
double glazed conservatory with doors opening to the front and rear.
doors lead off to bedroom1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc and stairs rise to the loft room
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 9'' into bay x 12' 2'') (5.10m x 3.71m)
double glazed window to the front elevation with very pleasant view over the front garden and central green for Howecroft Gardens. Fitted wardrobes and storage, sink unit with further storage beneath, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear left) (12' 0'' x 9' 1'' max overall incl. of shower) (3.65m x 2.77m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator, sink unit and storage, tiled shower cubicle with electric shower and built in Airing Cupboard with lagged hot water tank and fitted shelving.
BEDROOM 3: (rear right) (12' 4'' max into chimney recess x 11' 11'') (3.76m x 3.63m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, radiator, sink unit and storage with tiled splashback.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (10' 9'' x 9' 0'') (3.27m x 2.74m)
double glazed window to the front elevation, radiator, eaves storage.
pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with electric shower, partially tiled walls, opaque double glazed window to the side elevation, radiator.
low level wc, opaque double glazed window to the side elevation.
Stairs rise from the first floor landing into:-
LOFT ROOM: (15' 11'' x 12' 6'' max measurements) (4.85m x 3.81m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation with a lovely view of the surrounding area and overlooking the rear garden.
INTEGRAL GARAGE: (18' 10'' length x 9' 1'' max/8'6 min width) (5.74m x 2.77m/2.59m)
(with a height of 8'7/2.62m. Door opening width of 8'0/2.44m with approx. 6'3/1.91m height) light and power, fuse box, electricity meter.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 26' 0'' depth x 25' 0'' width) (7.92m x 7.61m)
REAR GARDEN: (circa 60' 0'' in length x circa 42' 0'' max width) (18.27m x 12.79m)
(the garden fans out to the max width of circa 42ft) a generous sized rear garden with patio seating area outside the conservatory, lawn and deep shrub and herbaceous borders with apple trees.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: F.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.