Hartington Park, Redland
A large, versatile and well located 5/6 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian family home with exciting potential to modernise and update to suite individual requirements. Located within just 100 yards of Redland Green Park and therefore within 400 metres of Redland Green School, making it incredibly appealing for families. Wonderful high ceilings, large sash windows and many period features give this well-proportioned home a sense of scale and space. Ground Floor: there are 2 separate large reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room leading out onto the rear garden and ground floor cloakroom/wc PLUS access to cellar storage/utility space. First Floor: there are 4 double bedrooms (1 en suite) and a shower room/wc. Second Floor: there is a further double bedroom, an attic/hobby room and a spacious landing. Outside: a south westerly low maintenance rear garden. Offered with no onward chain making a prompt and convenient move possible. An impressive period property in a great location offering a blank canvass for one to personalise and put their stamp on their next home.
- Large Victorian family home
- Circa 2580 sq.ft.
- 6 Double Bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Kitchen Breakfast Room
- Cellar storage
- 400m to Redland Green School
- Chapel Green / Redland Green Parks close by
- South West facing garden
- Offered with no onward chain
via garden gate with pathway and steps leading up to the covered entrance and main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 5' 0'' x 4' 3'' (1.52m x 1.29m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, tiled floor, coat hooks, fuse box for electrics and original part stained glass door entering the main entrance hallway.
a spacious L shaped central entrance hall with original staircase rising to first floor landing, high ceilings with ceiling coving and central rose, exposed stripped floorboards, doors off to sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room (off lower mezzanine half landing) and ground floor cloakroom/wc. Further door accesses a staircase descending to the lower ground floor basement rooms.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 17' 2'' x 16' 9'' max into chimney recess (5.23m x 5.10m)
a large principal reception room with wonderful bay window to front comprising original sash windows with ornate stained glass panels over, high ceilings with ceiling coving and central rose, impressive period cast iron fireplace with marble surround and mantle and granite hearth, radiator, picture rail and built in shelving to chimney recesses.
RECEPTION ROOM 2: 17' 6'' x 12' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.33m x 3.65m)
a bright and spacious reception room with wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sliding sash style windows with a south westerly orientation, high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail, ceiling rose and inset spotlights. Exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, feature tiled fireplace with original white marble surround.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 23' 8'' x 8' 10'' MAX (7.21m x 2.69m)
an extended kitchen breakfast room with base and eye level cupboards and drawers with wood block worktops over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, chimney recess with appliance space for a large range cooker with built in extractor fan over and built in sideboards and open shelving to chimney recesses either side, plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Kitchen extension (late 1990’s) with dual aspect double glazed windows to rear and side with a lovely bright south westerly aspect and space for dining table and chairs, central glazed door provides access out onto the rear garden.
low level wc, small corner wash basin with mosaic tiled splashbacks and glazed panel providing borrowed light from the kitchen.
a staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, shower room/wc, bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine half landing), bedroom 4 (off upper mezzanine half landing) and further door accessing Airing Cupboard housing lagged hot water tank.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 17' 1'' max into chimney recess x 13' 8'' (5.20m x 4.16m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and central rose, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door accessing en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 12' 0'' x 4' 8'' (3.65m x 1.42m)
white suite comprising corner bath with mixer taps and shower attachment with Mira Sport electric shower over, low level wc, wash hand basin, small radiator and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 18' 2'' x 12' 5'' max into chimney recess (5.53m x 3.78m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and 2 tall sliding sash style double glazed windows to rear with a south westerly aspect.
a shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, radiator and roof light panel providing borrowed light through from the Velux skylight window on the second floor.
BEDROOM 3: (off lower mezzanine landing) 14' 6'' x 9' 0'' (4.42m x 2.74m)
(currently used as an office) a double bedroom with double glazed sliding sash style window to rear, radiator, exposed stripped floor boards and high ceilings with ceiling coving.
BEDROOM 4: (off upper mezzanine half landing) 14' 5'' x 9' 3'' max into recess (4.39m x 2.82m)
a double bedroom with low level double glazed window to rear and further Velux skylight window over, exposed stripped floorboards, pretty period fireplace and a radiator.
a spacious landing with Velux skylight windows on 2 sides and doors leading off to bedroom 5 and attic room/occasional bedroom 6.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 15' 3'' x 12' 4'' both taken below sloped ceilings (4.64m x 3.76m)
a double bedroom with dormer to front comprising double glazed windows, exposed stripped period floor boards and a radiator.
ATTIC ROOM/OCCASIONAL BEDROOM 6: 18' 0'' x 9' 4'' both taken below sloped ceilings (5.48m x 2.84m)
an attic room which was historically converted prior to the owners ownership and has been used as a craft room with Velux skylight window to rear and high level doors accessing some eaves storage space.
Half flight of stairs leads off from the entrance hall down into a landing with doors off to an internal area and a rear cellar room (17’1” max into bay x 12’2” (with an approx ceiling height of 6’2”) (5.21m x 3.70m/1.88m) a basement room currently used for storage and utility space housing the floor standing gas boiler with a part glazed door and windows to rear accessing the rear garden. This space offers further conversion potential into a habitable room, subject to any necessary consents.
low maintenance front garden mainly laid to stone chippings with low level boundary wall.
REAR GARDEN: approx 23' 0''max depth x 22' 0'' wide (7.01m x 6.70m)
a sunny south westerly facing town garden mainly laid to paving with sunken decked seating area closest to the property with stone boundary walls.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.