Hampton Park | Redland
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,300,000
A beautiful 6 double bedroom, 3 reception room, 2 bath/shower room, semi-detached Victorian period townhouse, circa 3,350 sq.ft., having a gorgeous 20ft kitchen/breakfast room which opens out onto a veranda with established grape vine, useful cellar rooms, driveway parking and well-stocked 55ft rear garden.
Close to so many amenities: level and easy walking distance to Whiteladies Road, Clifton Down shopping centre and Clifton Down train station with a link to Bristol Temple Meads, Cotham Hill with its abundance of shops, restaurants and coffee shops, and within easy reach of the city centre, the Downs, university, hospital areas and the BBC. Circa 0.5 miles from Cotham School, Cotham Gardens Primary and SS Peter and Paul RC School.
Ground Floor: reception hall, bay fronted sitting room, drawing room.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, snug, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room/wc.
Cellar: games/music room, work shop, 2 useful store rooms.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom, separate wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 3 further double bedrooms (6 in total), shower room/wc.
Outside: driveway parking for one car, pretty front garden, veranda, attractive 55ft walled rear garden with shaped borders and sitting out areas.
- Elegant 6 bedroom Victorian townhouse
- Generous & versatile accommodation over 3,350 sq. ft
- Beautiful character detailing & period features
- 3 reception rooms & 2 bath/shower rooms
- Gorgeous kitchen/breakfast room opening onto a veranda
- Attractive & well stocked 55ft sunny rear garden
- Useful cellar rooms
- Driveway parking
- Popular location in the heart of Redland
- Close to Whiteladies Road & Cotham Hill
from the pavement, a wrought iron gate with pathway leading to the front entrance with attractive pilaster. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming L shaped reception hall having inlaid entrance mat and exposed wooden floorboards, arched stained glass window to the side elevation, turning staircase ascending and descending with sweeping mahogany handrail, ornate central arch, simple moulded cornicing. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 15' 6'' x 14' 5'' (4.72m x 4.39m)
a gracious reception room with bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 tall double glazed sash windows with working shutters. Central period fireplace with cast iron grate and ornately carved marble mantle piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, radiator, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose.
DRAWING ROOM: 21' 0'' x 13' 11'' (6.40m x 4.24m)
a magnificent principal reception room having a pair of large multi-paned double glazed sash windows with working shutters and window seats that overlook the rear garden. Inset wood burning stove set upon a slate hearth with ornately carved marble mantle piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose. Door to butler’s pantry with inter connecting door to the sitting room.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
part terracotta tiled flooring, door with stones steps descending to the cellar. Part multi-paned wooden door opening externally to the side elevation. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SNUG: 14' 5'' x 13' 10'' (4.39m x 4.21m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 double glazed sash windows with panelled reveals. Chimney breast with recesses to either side, inset ceiling downlights. Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder with pressurised tank.
UTILITY ROOM/WC: 7' 9'' x 5' 5'' (2.36m x 1.65m)
roll edged granite effect worktop with inset wash hand basin and mixer tap, low level dual flush wc, integrated washing machine and space for tumble dryer, multi-paned window to the side elevation, terracotta tiled flooring.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 20' 0'' x 13' 9'' (6.09m x 4.19m)
Shaker style kitchen with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged solid wooden worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and 1½ bowl stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Integral eye level electric oven with 4 ring gas hob and extractor. Tall fridge/freezer, exposed wooden floorboards, dishwasher, ample space for table and chairs, chimney breast with recesses to either side, inset ceiling downlights. Multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden. Multi-paned double glazed double doors with matching side panels opening externally onto a raised veranda with fine views over the garden.
GAMES/MUSIC ROOM: 19' 7'' x 13' 3'' (5.96m x 4.04m)
wood effect flooring, complementary shelving, chimney breast with arched recess, inset ceiling downlights. Boiler cupboard with wall mounted Potterton gas fired condensing boiler. Wooden door with glazed panel opening externally to the rear garden. Open walkways to:-
STORAGE ROOM 1: 11' 7'' x 4' 4'' (3.53m x 1.32m)
having a barrelled ceiling and scope for enhancement.
STORAGE ROOM 2: 6' 3'' x 5' 7'' (1.90m x 1.70m)
useful shelving. Open walkway to:-
WORKSHOP: 15' 0'' x 12' 0'' (4.57m x 3.65m)
work station, 3 illuminate strip lights, handy storage cupboards.
turning staircase continuing to the second floor with sweeping mahogany handrail. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: 13' 10'' x 12' 0'' (4.21m x 3.65m)
4 multi-paned double glazed sash window to the front elevation with matching side panels, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing.
BEDROOM 1: 14' 0'' x 11' 5'' (4.26m x 3.48m)
tall multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, simple moulded cornicing. Walk in wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 0'' x 9' 3'' (4.26m x 2.82m)
large multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, raised height storage cupboard and shelving, simple moulded cornicing.
FAMILY BATHROOM: 8' 10'' x 5' 7'' (2.69m x 1.70m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen, wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and shelving below, heated towel rail/radiator, tiled effect flooring, multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, wall light with shaver point.
low level flush wc, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
enjoying plenty of natural light via large Velux window, part galleried over the stairwell with sweeping handrail. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: 14' 2'' x 13' 0'' (4.31m x 3.96m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 4'' x 12' 5'' (4.37m x 3.78m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the front elevation with matching side panels, chimney breast with recesses to either side, large walk-in wardrobe, loft access.
BEDROOM 6: 14' 2'' x 7' 11'' (4.31m x 2.41m)
currently used as a kitchenette for visiting relatives. Multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, wooden flooring, stainless steel sink with mixer tap and draining board, double opening cupboard, space for fridge, 2 wall lights.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 11' 10'' x 6' 5'' (3.60m x 1.95m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, built in shower with wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment, low level dual flush wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap and shelving below, heated towel rail/radiator, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, inset ceiling downlights, loft access.
OFF STREET PARKING:
large space for one vehicle with bike storage to one side. Pretty front garden designed for ease of maintenance with pathway leading up to the front door that continues to the side with steps down to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: 55' 0'' x 24' 0'' (16.75m x 7.31m)
a much loved and well cared for walled garden having a shaped level lawn with deep shrub borders on all three sides featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Trees along the rear boundary provide a good amount of privacy from the neighbours opposite and also give a feeling of peace and tranquillity. Immediately to the rear of the kitchen/dining room there is a raised veranda with timber deck and wrought iron balustrade with established grape vine and sloping glass roof. Steps then descend to the remainder of the garden with sitting out area having ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. A further sheltered seating out area ideal for the late afternoon sun is situated at the tail end of the garden. Outside water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.