Glentworth Road | Redland
A handsome and large (3,700 sq. ft.) 6 bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached home situated on the sunny side of one of Redland's most sought after roads within just 400m of Redland Green School. Further benefits from a 50ft x 30ft south facing lawned garden, off road parking and handy storage cellars.
Incredible high ceilings, large sash windows and many original features add to the wonderful sense of space in this property.
Desirable location in the heart of Redland within just 400 metres of Redland Green School, whilst also being within easy reach of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Redland train station and bus connections to central areas are also nearby, as are the green open spaces of Redland Green Park, Cotham Gardens Park and Durdham Downs.
Ground Floor: impressive central entrance hallway, magnificent 22'1 x 13'1 bay fronted sitting room with three large sash windows, reception 2/dining room, separate kitchen/breakfast room, reception 3/family room, utility room, ground floor wc and access to the lower ground floor storage cellars.
First Floor: central landing with doors off to three double bedrooms and the family bathroom/wc, bedroom 4 (accessed off the lower mezzanine landing) and bedroom 5 (accessed off the upper mezzanine landing)
Second Floor: bedroom 6 with access to further attic loft storage space with potential for further conversion (subject to any necessary consents and if required).
Cellars: useful cellar storage space running beneath the main entrance hallway and kitchen/breakfast room with access out onto the garden.
Outside: beautiful sunny rear garden with large lawned section and generous paved seating area closest to the property with access to the useful storage cellars and gated side access to the front of the property.
A well kept and much loved sizeable period home in a highly desirable location for families.
- A handsome and large (3,700 sq. ft) Victorian semi-detached home
- 6 bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- Beautiful 50ft sunny rear garden
- Magnificent 22ft x 14ft bay fronted sitting room
- Two further reception rooms
- Separate kitchen/breakfast room
- Useful cellar storage space
- Off street parking for one car
- Beautiful sunny south facing rear garden (50ft x 30ft)
- Within 400m of Redland Green School
via a tastefully landscaped driveway providing off street parking. To the left of the property a pathway leads up from the driveway beside the property where you will find the main entrance to the house a short way along on the right hand side.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (7' 1'' x 4' 2'') (2.16m x 1.27m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, original stained glass windows to front and tessellated tiled floor, coat hooks, a beautiful original stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over leads through into:-
CENTRAL ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (19' 8'' x 7' 1'' inclusive of staircase) (5.99m x 2.16m)
a wide welcoming entrance hallway with original high ceilings with original cornicing and an original Victorian tessellated tiled floor, staircase continues up to the second floor landing and beneath the stairs there is a door accessing a staircase down to the cellar storage rooms. Radiators, dado rail and doors leading off the central entrance hall to the sitting room, dining room/reception 2, reception 3/family room and kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (21' 9'' x 13' 11'') (6.62m x 4.24m)
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, three large sash windows to front overlooking the front garden, cast iron period fireplace with inset tiles, original marble surround and mantel with slate hearth, radiators and cable tv point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (19' 5'' x 13' 1'' max) (5.91m x 3.98m)
a sociable kitchen/dining space with a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker with built-in chimney hood over, integrated dishwasher and microwave, further appliance space for American style fridge/freezer, overhanging breakfast bar and space for dining room table and chairs, two large southerly facing sash windows provide plenty of natural light through the kitchen and offering a pleasant outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens. There are high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, picture rail and radiator.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: (front) (16' 6'' x 9' 4'' max into chimney recess) (5.03m x 2.84m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period cast iron fireplace with marble surround and tiled hearth, large sash window to front, exposed stripped floorboards and radiator.
RECEPTION 3/FAMILY ROOM: (14' 9'' x 10' 11'' max into chimney recess) (4.49m x 3.32m)
currently used as a snug/less formal tv room with exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden and door leading into:-
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 5'' x 8' 3'') (2.87m x 2.51m)
a range of base level units with roll edged worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, tiled floor, sash window to side and part glazed door to side accessing the rear garden. Further door leads into:-
GROUND FLOOR CLOAKROOM/WC: (8' 3'' x 2' 7'') (2.51m x 0.79m)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin with tiled splashbacks, radiator and tiled flooring.
a central landing with doors leading off to bedrooms 1, 2, 3 and family bathroom. Further door off to bedroom 4 (off the lower mezzanine landing) and stairs continuing up to the upper mezzanine half landing where there is a door through to bedroom 5 and stairs leading up to the second floor, which has the entrance to bedroom 6. Radiator and further door accessing a linen cupboard.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (21' 3'' x 13' 11'') (6.47m x 4.24m)
a magnificent principal double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail. Wide bay to front comprises three sash windows. An attractive period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, exposed stripped floorboards and radiators.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 1'' max x 12' 10'') (3.98m x 3.91m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, two large southerly sash windows to rear offering views over rear and neighbouring gardens, radiator. Part glazed door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (6' 1'' x 5' 2'') (1.85m x 1.57m)
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure, low level wc and pedestal wash basin. Chrome effect heated towel rail, shaver point, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (16' 7'' x 9' 4'' max into chimney recess) (5.05m x 2.84m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period cast iron fireplace, radiator and large sash window to front.
BEDROOM 4: (14' 6'' x 10' 11'' max into chimney recess) (4.42m x 3.32m)
off lower mezzanine landing; double bedroom with sash window offering a similar outlook to bedroom 2, period fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 0'' x 8' 5'') (2.74m x 2.56m)
a good sized family bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, chrome effect heated towel and two large sash windows to side.
BEDROOM 5: (14' 8'' x 11' 0'') (4.47m x 3.35m)
off upper mezzanine landing; a double bedroom with sash window to rear offering lovely cityscape views over the rooftops of surrounding buildings towards the Bath hills in the distance. Dado rail, an attractive period fireplace with tiled hearth and a radiator.
BEDROOM 6: (15' 3'' into dormer window x 9' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.64m x 2.84m)
sash window to front, radiator and low level door accessing an extensive part boarded attic space with potential for further conversion, if required and subject to any necessary consents.
CELLAR STORAGE ROOMS:
Accessed off the entrance hallway via a staircase or independent door off the rear garden.
Central Storage Cellar:
a staircase from the entrance hall descends into a storage cellar area running beneath the main entrance hallway with a ceiling height of approx. 6'6/1.98m. This space provides valuable storage and houses the wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler and gas meter. Doorway leads off this central storage cellar to:-
Rear Cellar Storage Room: (approx. 18' 10'' x 11' 10'' including storage cupboards) (5.74m x 3.60m)
Further storage space, two doors accessing storage cupboards, door to the rear accessing the rear garden. Further low level door accessing further cellar space running beneath reception 3/family room.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the front of the property has been tastefully landscaped to a cobbled driveway providing off street parking for at least one car, with a raised garden beside containing various shrubs and trees and framed with attractive period stone boundary walls. Pathway leads off the driveway and up the left hand side of the property where you will find the front door to the house and useful gated side access to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' max length x 30' 0'') (15.23m x 9.14m)
a lovely sunny rear garden with raised paved seating area closest to the property, a few steps lead down to a level lawned section framed with attractive stone boundary walls and deep flower borders containing various shrubs and trees, outside tap, door accessing the storage cellars and handy gated side access through to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.