Egerton Road | Bishopston
With an 130ft south facing mature garden - a very attractive, early Victorian period cottage with a bright and spacious 32ft x 12ft open plan kitchen/dining room.
Set at the very top/cul-de-sac end of Egerton Road - a quiet and desirable road close to all the many amenities on Gloucester Road, St Bonaventure’s Roman Catholic Primary School at the top of the road and circa 650 metres to Redland Green School.
The house and gardens are utterly charming with a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Lots of natural light and in a very pleasant and convenient location in amongst a friendly street.
The accommodation has a cosy sitting room and aforementioned large kitchen/dining area spilling out onto the large south facing garden. The first floor provides 2/3 bedrooms - the 3rd bedroom/home office is accessed via bedroom 1 - and bathroom with a Japanese style bath and shower.
- An attractive, early Victorian period cottage
- 130ft south facing mature garden
- Impressive 32ft x 12ft open plan kitchen/dining room
- Cosy sitting room / snug
- 2/3 bedrooms
- In the cul-de-sac end of Egerton Road
- Circa 650m to Redland Green School
- A short walk to Gloucester Road
ENTRANCE PORCH: (19' 7'' x 2' 11'') (5.96m x 0.89m)
original entrance door opening into the entrance hall, skylight and door to the garden, tiled floor.
stairs rising to the first floor and doors leading off to the kitchen/dining room and sitting room, radiator and useful understairs storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 4'' into bay x 12' 10'' into chimney recess) (4.37m x 3.91m)
calm and attractive sitting room with ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, coal effect gas fire, slate hearth, wooden surround and mantle, sash windows to the front elevation overlooking the pretty front garden and door to further understairs storage, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (32' 9'' x 12' 8'') (9.97m x 3.86m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:-
range of wall and base units incorporating 'Corian' working surface and moulded 1½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap, upstand, 4 ring electric hob with filter hood above and electric double oven, space and plumbing for washing machine, integrated dishwasher, recessed spotlights, exposed wooden flooring.
wooden double glazed windows to the side elevation, double glazed bi-fold doors to the rear elevation and 2 large Velux skylights bringing in an abundance of natural light to both the southerly and westerly aspects, continuation of the exposed wooden flooring, recessed spotlights, underfloor heating.
double glazed window to the side elevation, doors open out to bedrooms 1 and 2 and bathroom/wc, access to roof storage space.
BEDROOM 1: (12' 11'' into chimney recess x 12' 5'') (3.93m x 3.78m)
double glazed sash window to the rear elevation with a lovely view over surrounding gardens, radiator, built in wardrobe and storage space and door to bedroom 3/home office.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 10'' into chimney recess x 9' 11'') (3.91m x 3.02m)
multi paned wooden sash double glazed window to the front elevation, hanging rail and fitted storage, radiator.
BEDROOM 3/HOME OFFICE: (10' 5'' x 7' 10'') (3.17m x 2.39m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, cupboard housing the gas combination boiler.
high level skylight, plunge pool bath with overhead shower and hand held shower fitments, tiled surround, low level wc, ceramic wash hand basin set on a tiled shelf, tiled floor, heated towel rail.
REAR GARDEN: (130' 0'' x 25' 0'') (39.59m x 7.61m)
an exceptionally long garden which has been well looked after and planted for years and amongst other things has a patio area immediately outside the kitchen/dining room, wildlife pond, very well planted borders with climbing plants including a Passion Fruit and Wisteria, small lawn leading to a writer’s hut, Silver Birch. At the very end is the remnants of a vegetable/fruit garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.