Durdham Park | Redland
An opulent and exceedingly spacious, 3 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, hall and lower ground floor maisonette of circa 1,600 sq.ft.,set within a substantial Victorian period building backing directly onto the Downs in Redland. Further benefitting from 26ft dual aspect sitting room, private rear garden (41ft x 32ft) and off street parking with EV charger point.
A grand hall floor and lower ground floor garden maisonette in a highly prized location with the rare benefit of off-street parking and private outside space.
The apartment has a wealth of period features, wooden flooring casement windows, period fireplaces and ornate moulded plasterwork.
Private rear garden (41ft x 32ft) with side access which in turn can act as a private entrance for the property.
Allocated parking space with EV charging point.
Situated within a desirable Redland location being within the nearby Redland Green School Area of First Priority (AFP) and within 0.25 miles of Westbury Park Primary School, near Redland Green Park and 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just a moments’ walk away, convenient for Whiteladies Road, the city centre and Clifton Village.
Having been much loved from our vendor client over the years, and yet presenting a golden opportunity to acquire a practical and functional apartment which could benefit from modernising in the fullness of time.
- Grand & spacious period maisonette of exceptional proportions
- Generous rooms sizes with circa 1600 sqft of internal space
- Elegant period features
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Spectacular drawing room
- Separate kitchen & utility space
- Large private rear garden
- Allocation off street parking with EV charger
- Prized Redland location on Durdham Downs
from the pavement, the property is accessed over a level tarmac driveway which leads beside the off-street parking spaces for the building where several stone steps ascend to an impressive stone porch with bath stone arch, decorative period tiled floor, stained glass side windows and a communal part glazed wooden chapel style front door with glass inserts opening to:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE VESTIBULE:
tessellated period tiled floor with inset floor mat, ceiling cornice and further part glazed wooden double doors with surrounding glazing opening into:-
COMMUNAL RECEPTION HALL:
ornate ceiling cornicing with decorative ceiling arch, dado rail, tall moulded skirtings, tessellated period tiling floor, impressive communal period turning staircase with wrought iron balustrade and stripped wooden handrail ascending to the upper floors. Private entrance door to the apartment can be found on the right hands side, which opens to:-
door leads off to the kitchen and through to the drawing room, staircase descends to the lower ground floor.
KITCHEN: 13' 0'' x 8' 1'' (3.96m x 2.46m)
comprising an array of wall, base and drawer units with laminate working surfaces, tiled splashbacks, inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit with swan neck mixer tap over. Integrated gas oven with 4 ring gas hob and extractor hood over. Space for fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Wall mounted Vaillant combi boiler. Plenty of natural light provided by sash windows with leafy outlook over the private garden.
DRAWING ROOM: 26' 7'' x 17' 5'' (8.10m x 5.30m)
an impressive and grand room with decorative and ornate ceiling mouldings and cornicing, full height sash windows to two elevations with working wooden shutters, picture rail, tall moulded skirting boards. Elegant stone fireplace with tiled heart, stripped wooden floorboards, radiators, built-in cupboards and book casing.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
vaulted hallway laid with fitted carpet, wall light points and doors radiating to all principal rooms on this level.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 3'' x 12' 10'' (4.64m x 3.91m)
large double bedroom with period sash window overlooking the rear garden, laid with fitted carpet, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, door leading through to:-
Ensuite Shower room:
low level wc, shower cubicle, wash hand basin, radiator, single sash window providing natural light, tiled floors and walls.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 9'' x 7' 11'' (4.49m x 2.41m)
double bedroom with period sash window to rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, laid with fitted carpet, radiator, moulded skirting boards, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 9'' x 5' 10'' (4.49m x 1.78m)
double glazed window to rear elevation overlooking the private garden, laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level wc, pedestal wash handbasin, wooden panelled bath with telephone shower attachment and shower curtain, towel rail, tiled walls, radiator, extractor fan, ceiling light point.
UTILITY ROOM: 8' 10'' x 7' 6'' (2.69m x 2.28m)
with an array of wall, base and drawer units with working surfaces and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washer/dryer, space for fridge/freezer. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Natural light provided by frosted sash window to the side elevation and door leading out to several stone steps leading up to the private rear garden.
designated parking space found on the tarmac driveway at the front of the building.
REAR GARDEN: 41' 0'' x 32' 0'' (12.49m x 9.75m)
accessed from stone steps that lead up from the utility space on the lower ground floor. Exceptionally large, private rear garden mainly laid to lawn with deep mature shrubs borders. To the rear of the garden, a wooden trellis fence marks the border and a wooden archway leads through to:-
COMMUNAL REAR GARDEN:
communal garden laid to lawn for the use of the other residents of the building. Access is also provided via a separate access point found to the rear of the parking area.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from 1 January 1988. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
it is understood that the monthly service charge is £100. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.