Downs Park West, Westbury Park
An exceptional 2 double bedroom, 2 reception room, hall floor garden apartment (circa 1,530 sq. ft.) set within a prestigious Edwardian period detached building, having large south-west facing garden (70ft x 40ft) and off-street parking. In a prime location backing directly onto the Downs, excellent schools and shops and facilities in nearby North View and Henleaze Road.
A fine period residence (circa 1908) of character both internally and externally, retaining a lot of its original features together with natural light via large windows.
The neighbourhood has a great deal to offer. The nearby schools, whether state or private are of an excellent standard and highly regarded. The local convenience store is a nearby Waitrose. Just a short walk away there is a fishmonger, two butchers' shops, cafes, good small restaurants a-plenty, a gastro pub and many independent shops to explore as well as the local library and cinema.
Without question the rear garden is a remarkably rare asset to the apartment being level, well stocked and large plus having south-west facing orientation and backing directly onto the Downs.
Hall Floor: entrance hallway, sitting/dining room (23ft x 15ft), kitchen, triple aspect garden room, 2 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room), study and shower room.
Outside: allocated off street parking space for one car. Mature well-stocked rear garden (70ft x 40ft) with patio and useful storage garage.
Properties of this nature seldom come to the open market and an earliest viewing is unhesitatingly recommended to avoid disappointment.
The property is to be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- An exceptional hall floor garden apartment
- Circa 1,530 sq. ft.
- 2 double bedrooms (1 en-suite)
- 2 reception rooms
- Set within a detached Edwardian period building
- Retaining lots of original features
- Allocated off street parking space for one car
- Mature well stocked rear garden (70ft x 40ft)
- Useful storage garage
- Sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible
from the front car parking area a covered porch with steps leads to six-panelled period communal entrance door into large communal hallway with staircase rising to the first floor. The subject property can be found on the left hand side via private entrance door numbered 1.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((9' 1'' x 7' 7'') (2.77m x 2.31m))
with doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, kitchen and sitting room, two useful storage cupboards.
KITCHEN: ((12' 2'' x 7' 9'' plus 7'10 x 7'1) (3.71m x 2.36m plus 2.40m x 2.15m))
comprising an array of wall, base and drawer units with working surfaces and tiled splashbacks, wood effect flooring. Integral appliances including double electric oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood over and splashback, fridge/freezer. Space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Sink with drainer unit to side and swan neck mixer tap over with tiled splashback and tiled complimentary shelf to window sill. Double glazed picture and casement windows overlooking front and side elevations, with separate upvc double glazed door with obscure glazed panel leading to the side access. Moulded skirting boards, radiator, inset ceiling downlights.
SITTING/DINING ROOM: ((23' 10'' x 15' 10'') (7.26m x 4.82m))
an impressive room with in excess of 11ft/6.30m ceiling height and adjoining conservatory room leading out to garden, attractive ceiling cornice with central ceiling rose, moulded skirting boards, marble fire surround with matching overmantel and hearth with gas fire insert, attractive arched chimney recessed areas, picture rail, radiators, double glazed French doors opening into:-
GARDEN ROOM: ((13' 9'' x 9' 11'') (4.19m x 3.02m))
comprising ceiling light point, an array of picture and casement windows and further double glazed upvc doors opening onto the attractive and well stocked private garden, tiled flooring, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: ((17' 3'' x 15' 10'') (5.25m x 4.82m))
large double glazed picture window and casement windows overlooking the rear elevation and private rear garden, further two obscure glazed upvc windows overlooking side elevation, attractive ceiling cornice, ceiling light point, picture rail, moulded skirting boards, two spacious fitted cupboards with hanging rail and shelf, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((16' 0'' x 13' 4'' reducing to 10'5) (4.87m x 4.06m/3.18m))
large upvc picture window and casement windows overlooking the front elevation, ceiling light point, radiator, moulded skirting boards, two good sized fitted cupboards with hanging rail and shelf, doors leading off to en-suite and study.
En-Suite: ((8' 3'' x 7' 8'') (2.51m x 2.34m))
comprising corner shower with glazed and tiled surrounds, wall mounted stainless steel shower attachment with complimentary shelf, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback and stainless steel mixer tap and wall mounted mirror over, low level button flush wc, upvc obscured double glazed window overlooking the front elevation, wall mounted cupboard, wall mounted heated towel rail, spacious Airing Cupboard discreetly housing the wall mounted Worcester Bosch boiler.
Study: ((16' 0'' reducing to 9'11 x 5' 11'') (4.87m/3.02m x 1.80m))
accessed via the main bedroom; two upvc obscure glazed windows overlooking the side elevation, wall uplighter, moulded skirting boards, wood effect lino flooring, useful storage shelves, radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((9' 0'' x 4' 8'') (2.74m x 1.42m))
with inset ceiling downlights, tiled flooring. Shower enclosure with wall mounted electric shower, complimentary stainless steel shelf with tiled surrounds, low level button flush wc with discreetly housed cistern, vanity cabinet mounted wash hand basin with complimentary shelf to side and tiled splashback with mirror and shaver point over, heated towel rail.
REAR GARDEN: ((circa 70' 0'' x 40' 0'') (21.32m x 12.18m))
with side gate access from the front parking area. A mature and beautifully landscaped garden with an array of deep borders, established shrubs and lawned area. Large patio space immediately off the garden room and an incredibly pleasant outlook across to the Downs (with its 400 acres of recreational space). Useful storage garage.
OFF STREET PARKING:
one allocated off street car parking space.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1987. There is a ground rent payable of £5 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the quarterly service charge is £370. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.