Downs Cote Park, Westbury-on-Trym
A spacious and immaculately presented 4 bedroom 1930’s detached family home situated on a peaceful side road within just 400 meters of Elmlea School. Further benefiting from off road parking, and a spectacular 21ft x 20ft kitchen/dining space with sliding doors onto a beautiful 50ft x 50ft rear garden.
Extensively renovated by the current owners within the last 3 years, this much loved family home is now being sold with no onward chain due to job re-location.
Situated in a peaceful road within easy reach of the local shops and amenities of Stoke Lane and Westbury-on-Trym village, also handy for Henleaze Road, bus connections and the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Canford Park. Excellent schools are nearby including Elmlea, St Ursula’s, Redmaids and Badminton.
Ground Floor: porch leading through into a welcoming bright entrance hallway, wonderful bay fronted sitting room with wood burning stove, spectacular kitchen/dining space with large island and 3 sliding doors providing a seamless connection to the rear garden, utility room and ground floor wc.
First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms and a modern family bathroom/wc.
Outside: to the front there is off road parking and low maintenance garden and gated side access through to a spectacular 50ft x 50ft rear garden which is tastefully landscaped with 3 seating areas, lawned sections, attractive rear stone boundary wall and well stocked flower borders.
An exquisite, detached family home in a convenient location.
- A spacious and immaculately presented 1930's detached family home
- Beautiful 50ft x 50ft rear garden
- A spectacular 21ft x 20ft kitchen/dining space
- 4 bedrooms
- Off road parking
- Located on a peaceful side road
via paved driveway providing off street parking for one car. The driveway leads up beside the front garden where there are 3 steps leading up to the entrance porch.
ENTRANCE PORCH: 6' 3'' x 9' 6'' (1.90m x 2.89m)
double glazed windows to front and side, floor matting and a part glazed front door with period glazed panels either side leading into the main entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 16' 0'' x 11' 0'' (4.87m x 3.35m)
a bright and welcoming entrance hallway with an original staircase rising to the first floor landing with a useful understairs storage cupboard, high ceilings with ceiling coving, a double glazed window to side providing plenty of natural light, original wood flooring, low level meter cupboards housing fuse box and electric and gas meters. Doors lead off to the sitting room, the large extended kitchen/dining/family room and utility room, which in turn has a door off to the ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 16' 11'' max into bay x 13' 5'' max into chimney recess (5.15m x 4.09m)
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, feature chimney recess with wood burning stove and granite hearth, original wood flooring, wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows overlooking the front garden and a radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING/FAMILY ROOM: 21' 7'' x 20' 3'' max (6.57m x 6.17m)
a fabulous extended large sociable kitchen/dining/living space with a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with integrated appliances including a stainless steel eye level double oven, 4 ring Bosch induction hob, dishwasher, freezer and inset double ceramic sink. Further appliance space for a tall larder style fridge, corner cupboard houses a modern Vaillant gas boiler, large central island with overhanging breakfast bar providing seating for 4 with built in storage cabinets beneath. The kitchen and island have a white quartz worktop with upstand and splashback behind the induction hob. There is engineered oak flooring, ample space for seating and dining furniture, contemporary radiators, large Velux skylight window and 3 sliding grey aluminium framed double glazed doors creating a wonderful wide opening and outlook over the rear garden.
UTILITY ROOM: 10' 0'' max x 5' 10'' max tapering off to 3'10" (3.05m x 1.78m/1.17m)
a useful separate utility room with double glazed window to front, further high level glazed window to side, built in base level units with wood block worktop over and inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, radiator and door accessing the ground floor wc.
low level wc, corner wash basin, heated towel rail and double glazed window to rear.
doors leading off to all 4 bedrooms and the family bathroom/wc. There is a large obscured double glazed window to side providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell. Loft hatch with pull down ladder accessing a generous loft storage space and a radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 16' 9'' max into bay x 11' 9'' max into built in wardrobes (5.10m x 3.58m)
a lovely principal double bedroom with built in wardrobes to chimney recesses, high ceilings with ceiling coving, wide bay to front with double glazed windows providing a lovely open outlook over rooftops of neighbouring buildings towards Abbots Leigh in the distance and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 11' 11'' x 8' 11'' max into chimney recess (3.63m x 2.72m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, double glazed window to rear offering an open outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 11' 9'' x 13' 10'' (3.58m x 4.21m)
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear offering a lovely open outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens, high ceilings and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 8' 11'' x 8' 1'' (2.72m x 2.46m)
double glazed windows to front, a shallow storage cupboard with built in shelving and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 0'' x 7' 10'' (2.44m x 2.39m)
a good sized family bathroom with white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over and glass shower screen, low level wc, wash hand basin with built in storage cabinet beneath, radiator, heated towel rail, tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights and 2 double glazed windows to side.
DRIVEWAY & FRONT GARDEN:
there is a paved driveway to front providing off street parking for one car with a low maintenance paved garden beside with inset planters and hedgerow to front. The driveway continues round to the left hand side of the property where there is a gated side access through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: approx 50' 0'' depth x 40' 0'' width increasing to 50ft (15.23m x 12.18m/5.23m)
(+ additional garden space to the side of the property) an incredibly generous rear garden space which increases in width towards the attractive rear boundary wall. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with paved seating area closest to the property with 2 steps downs into a lower tier of garden where there is a further lawned section, well stocked flower borders and gated side access to the driveway. There is an outdoor tap, outdoor power points, 2 further seating areas, one of which holds onto the setting sun and a useful outbuilding/garden store, perfect for gardens/bicycle equipment etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.