Downs Cote Drive | Westbury on Trym
An exciting opportunity to cosmetically update and personalise this exceptionally well-located 1930’s family home, which enjoys a stunning south westerly facing rear garden, off street parking and storage garage.
Versatile accommodation including 3 bedrooms plus loft room, 2 reception rooms and a separate kitchen/dining room, family bathroom/wc.
Prime location just a short stroll away from the local shops and cafés of Stoke Lane and Westbury Village, whilst also being within just 450 metres of the highly regarded Elmlea Primary School (rated Ofsted: Outstanding) and 600 metres from the reference point for the intake for Bristol Free Secondary School. Convenient for bus connections and access to central areas and motorway links.
Glorious level 70ft x 24ft south westerly facing rear garden and a level front garden with off street parking.
Further potential for kitchen extension and expansion of the current loft conversion (subject to any necessary consents).
A classic, much loved 1930’s home on the sunny side of a well-regarded side street with a gorgeous garden and exciting potential.
- An exciting opportunity to cosmetically update this 1930's family home
- Prime location near Stoke Lane and Westbury Village
- 3 bedrooms plus loft room
- 2 reception rooms
- Separate kitchen/dining room
- Glorious level 70ft x 24ft south westerly facing rear garden
- Level front garden with off street parking
- Has exciting potential
via block paved driveway to right hand side of property where steps descend bedside a level lawned front garden to the covered entrance and main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY@ 16' 9'' x 6' 5'' (5.10m x 1.95m)
a welcoming, bright entrance with original staircase rising to first floor with understairs storage cupboards. Laminated flooring with inset floor mat, original leaded glazed window to side providing natural light, radiator, ceiling coving, picture rail, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating, doors leading off to kitchen/dining room, reception 2/family room and the:-
SITTING ROOM: 15' 0'' x 14' 1'' (4.57m x 4.29m)
bay fronted sitting room with double glazed windows to front elevation, feature recessed fireplace with gas coal effect fire, ceiling coving, picture rail, radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 14' 7'' x 12' 6'' (4.44m x 3.81m)
a light filled room with bay to rear elevation with a central door opening out to the sunny rear garden, feature fireplace with gas fire, high ceilings with picture rail, radiator, wood laminated flooring.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 26' 3'' x 8' 0'' (7.99m x 2.44m)
range of units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers, stainless steel sink, integrated electric double oven with 4 ring gas hob. Further plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer. Double glazed window to side elevation. Opens out into dining area with double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden, radiator and double glazed door to side which accesses the rear garden.
staircase ascends to second floor, feature arched original stained glass window to side providing natural light through landing and stairwell. Doors radiate to all rooms.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 4'' x 12' 5'' (4.67m x 3.78m)
BEDROOM 2: 13' 10'' x 12' 6'' (4.21m x 3.81m)
double bedroom with double glazed window to rear elevation overlooking the sunny rear garden. Built-in cupboards to chimney recesses, wood laminated flooring, radiator and picture rail.
BEROOM 3: 8' 10'' x 8' 3'' (2.69m x 2.51m)
BATHROM/WC: 8' 1'' x 6' 8'' (2.46m x 2.03m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower enclosure, radiator and double glazed window to rear.
The second floor is an early loft conversion and one may choose to apply to restructure this space with a larger dormer to rear and side, creating a more generous space (subject to necessary consents).
double glazed window to side and door accessing:-
ATTIC ROOM: 12' 11'' x 13' 10'' (3.93m x 4.21m)
a useful space which could be further developed to create a large double bedroom with en-suite. Double glazed windows to rear elevation with lovely rooftop views, toward the park. Built-in storage cupboards, corner shower enclosure, recessed cloakroom/wc
FRONT GARDEN & PARKING:
REAR GARDEN: 70' 0'' x 24' 0'' (21.32m x 7.31m)
a sunny south westerly facing level rear garden with raised paved seating area closest to the property. Is mostly laid to lawn with a central mature fig tree and there is gated access into the:-
GARAGE: 16' 8'' x 8' 9'' (5.08m x 2.66m)
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.