Downleaze | Sneyd Park
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £475,000 - £500,000
In need of total modernisation - a well-proportioned and spacious, 2 double bedroom, 2 reception room, grade II listed Victorian period hall floor apartment, of circa 1,100sq.ft., with tandem double garage, useful cellar storage rooms and communal gardens.
Light and airy with spacious sitting room (16’4” x 14’4”), good sized dining room (12’7” x 12’4”) with wide wall opening through to kitchen (13’8”x 8’8”).
Set in a desirable road in the coveted area of Sneyd Park, the apartment is a few hundred yards from The Downs with green open space and an approximate 500 metre walk to Café Retreat – popular for a weekend coffee.
Accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen. 2 double bedrooms, bath/shower room.
Outside: tandem double garage, useful communal and private cellar rooms, communal garden.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- Exciting opportunity to modernise
- Attractive Grade II listed period building
- 2 double bedrooms
- Hall floor dwelling with private entrance (Circa 1100 SQFT)
- communal gardens
- Tandem double garage
- Useful communal cellar storage space
- To be sold with no onward chain
- Highly desirable peaceful location on the doorstep of The Downs
from the pavement there are impressive gate pillars with tarmacadam driveway leading alongside the building. Wood panelled double doors with wall mounted lantern lights and telecom entry, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat and enjoying plenty of natural light with 2 sash window to the rear elevation. Part obscure glazed wooden door opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: 13' 4'' x 6' 5'' (4.06m x 1.95m)
a most welcoming and spacious entrance, having moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, ornate central ceiling arch, radiator, telecom entry system. Doors to:-
SITTING ROOM: 16' 5'' x 14' 4'' (5.00m x 4.37m)
principal reception room, having 3 casement windows to the front elevation with overlights. Chimney breast with ornately carved mantel piece and recesses to either side (one with fitted book shelving and cupboards), moulded skirtings, 2 radiators, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 1'' x 13' 5'' (4.59m x 4.09m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 5 casement windows with overlights. Chimney breast with ornately carved mantel piece and recesses either side. Tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point. Wall to wall built-in wardrobes with cupboards above offering hanging rail and shelving space.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 10'' x 8' 10'' (4.52m x 2.69m)
a pair of tall part multi-paned sash windows to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with double opening wardrobe and cupboards above), moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
DINING ROOM: 12' 7'' x 12' 4'' (3.83m x 3.76m)
tall part multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted book shelving and cupboard below), moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, radiator, ceiling light point. Airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN: 13' 8'' x 8' 8'' (4.16m x 2.64m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged marble effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Stainless steel centre sink tidy with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Gas/electric range cooker, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for dishwasher. Wood effect flooring, coved ceiling, 3 ceiling light points. Windows to the side and rear elevations. Part glazed door with staircase descending to the communal garden.
BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: 8' 11'' x 8' 3'' (2.72m x 2.51m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap, low level flush wc, fully tiled walls and flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights
Accessed from the communal reception hall, with door and steps descending to:-
COMMUNAL BASMENT STORAGE: 15' 8'' x 15' 5'' (4.77m x 4.70m)
shared by the 3 apartment owners with 6ft ceiling height and door plus 2 windows to the rear elevation.
GARAGE IN BLOCK: 28' 11'' x 10' 6'' (8.81m x 3.20m)
the left hand garage of the triple garage block. Metal up and over door, light and power connected.
across the front of numbers 21 and 23 Downleaze there is a beautiful level lawned garden which serves the 6 apartments that occupy the 2 buildings. It also provides a social hub for the residents and creates a good sense of community. The lawn is set behind a high hedge border which provides privacy, whilst on the remaining 3 sides there are deep shrub borders that exhibit an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs, plus an established Wisteria. Situated at the rear of the building, there are 2 further sitting out areas, ideal for either a morning or late afternoon drink with table chairs.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1973 and is subject to a perpetual yearly rent charge of £15. 0s. 0d.This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £189. This information should be checked by your legal adviser
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.