Devonshire Road | Westbury Park
A spacious and well presented 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room Edwardian period family home situated on a popular and peaceful road in the heart of Westbury Park, having 28ft interconnecting drawing/living room and an extended kitchen/breakfast room. Located within just 200 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and within 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School.
Extensive family living space of exceptional quality over three floors with period features and a wonderful atmosphere and character.
Hugely prized family neighbourhood, so convenient and easy for good nearby schools, local shops in Coldharbour, North View and Henleaze Road together with Waitrose, the Orpheus cinema, library, the glorious Downs and Whiteladies Road. Westbury Park Primary School is just a few hundred yards away, and only a little further afield across the open spaces of Redland Green lies Redland Green Secondary School.
Good sized kitchen/breakfast room (17’8 x 11’5) with shaker style units and integrated appliances, plus wall opening through to dining area.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, 28ft interconnected bay-fronted drawing/living room, cloakroom/wc, kitchen/breakfast room, dining area.
First Floor: split level landing, 3 double bedrooms and family bath/shower room.
Second Floor: landing, double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Outside: front courtyard and rear courtyard.
Having been thoroughly renovated during our vendor clients’ eleven year ownership, this well located period family home ticks all the boxes.
- Spacious Edwardian terrace family home
- Beautifully presented & of exceptional quality
- Many retained period features & wonderful character
- 4 double bedrooms & 2 bath/shower rooms
- 28ft interconnecting drawing/living room
- Stylish & sociable kitchen/breakfast/dining room
- Prized location in heart of Westbury Park
- Within 650m of Redland Green Secondary School
- Within 200m of Westbury Park Primary School
- Convenient for amenities & The Downs
from the pavement, there is a pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Part obscure glazed wooden door with moulded architrave and overlight, opening to:-
exposed wooden floorboards, elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, useful understairs storage cupboard, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, radiator. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: 15' 3'' x 13' 3'' (4.64m x 4.04m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 sash windows with complementary window seat. Period fireplace with open fire, decorative tiled slips, ornately carved Carrara marble mantle piece and a slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening through to:-
LIVING ROOM: 12' 11'' x 10' 11'' (3.93m x 3.32m)
window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, tiled flooring and walls to dado height, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan. Recess with space and plumbing for washing machine.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 8'' x 11' 4'' (5.38m x 3.45m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level Shaker style units combining drawers and cabinets. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands, stainless steel centre sink tidy with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Central island incorporating breakfast bar with roll edged wooden worktop surface and drawers below. Integral double oven, 4 ring induction hob, extractor hood and dishwasher. Space for tall fridge/freezer. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, 3 ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlights. Window to the side elevation. Wide wall opening through to:-
DINING AREA: 10' 11'' x 6' 8'' (3.32m x 2.03m)
dual aspect with windows to the side and rear elevations plus upvc double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden, high sloping glass roof, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, wall light point.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, turning staircase ascending to the second floor and enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux window. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 16' 5'' x 15' 0'' (5.00m x 4.57m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising 4 sash windows with complementary window seat plus further sash window to the same elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both having built in double opening wardrobes), tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, 2 wall light points.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 9'' x 11' 1'' (3.88m x 3.38m)
window to the rear elevation with radiator below, chimney breast with recess and further recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: 11' 5'' x 10' 10'' (3.48m x 3.30m)
window to the rear elevation with radiator below, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: 9' 10'' x 7' 5'' (2.99m x 2.26m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and hand held shower attachment. Wash stand with circular wash hand basin and mixer tap plus cupboard below. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, corner shower cubicle with built in shower unit and an overhead waterfall style shower. Tiled flooring and partially tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator. Inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
useful storage cupboards at ¾ landing, natural light via the aforementioned Velux window, moulded skirtings, wall light point. Panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: 16' 2'' x 15' 0'' (4.92m x 4.57m)
large dormer window to the front elevation enjoying a pleasant outlook along this tree lined road, moulded skirtings, radiator, inset ceiling downlights, panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
Ensuite Shower Room/wc: 9' 7'' x 6' 7'' (2.92m x 2.01m)
dormer window to the rear elevation with far reaching views. Wash stand with circular wash hand basin and mixer tap plus double opening cupboard below. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Shower cubicle with built in shower unit and overhead circular waterfall style shower. Tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
set back from the road by a dwarf stone wall the front courtyard has been designed for ease of maintenance and predominately paved with deep shrub border and established bay trees to one side.
REAR GARDEN: 54' 0'' max/25'9 min x 18' 5''/5'10 min (16.45m/7.85m x 5.61m/1.78m)
immediately to the rear of the breakfast area wide steps descend to the rear garden which has been laid to artificial grass for convenience, enclosed on all sides by timber fencing and with mature shrubs plus pear tree, Silver Birch and Acer. Timber decked area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. Side return giving option to extend the kitchen (subject to obtaining the necessary consents) but conveniently the neighbour has already extended theirs. Outside water tap and pedestrian gate onto rear access lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.