Cumberland Road, Spike Island, Harbourside
An architect designed 3 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, two storey reverse-level end of terrace town house, with 19ft x 18ft triple aspect sitting room, secure off street parking for 2 vehicles, roof terrace and courtyard garden plus vegetable garden and deck, located in a central and convenient position between Bristol’s attractive harbourside and The Cut. An exceedingly rare opportunity to acquire this one-off architect designed end of terrace town house with many intriguing architectural features, situated in the ever popular harbourside location of Spike Island. At the front of the property is The Cut, a walkway that divides Southville from Spike Island and at the rear just a moment’s walk is the historic Bristol docks and Wapping Wharf. Situated within the Spike Island residents parking scheme. Ground Floor: entrance hall, inner hall, kitchen and dining room, utility room, 3 bedrooms (master with en suite bath/shower room), family bath/shower room. First Floor: landing, 19ft x 18ft triple aspect sitting room with balcony. Outside: gated vegetable garden, two off street parking spaces to the rear. Sheltered courtyard garden. Roof terrace with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. An immensely appealing modern residence ideally located for city professionals, family home buyers or for those wishing to downsize from a much larger residence.
- An architect designed two storey reverse-level end of terrace town house.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms.
- 19ft x 18ft triple aspect sitting room with Juliet balcony.
- Semi open-plan kitchen & dining room.
- Secure off street parking for 2 vehicles.
- Roof terrace enjoying a south and west aspect.
- Courtyard garden plus vegetable garden and deck.
- View of the harbourside and the Cut.
- Built in 2003.
- Central and convenient position between Harbourside and The Cut
a wooden pedestrian gate opens to the sheltered courtyard garden. Part double glazed wooden door with external light, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, with full height multi-paned curved window overlooking the courtyard garden. Spiralled staircase ascending to the first floor. Ceramic tiled flooring, radiator, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights. Part multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves opening to the inner hall. Part multi-paned wooden door opening to:-
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM:
loosely divided as follows:-
Dining Area: (18' 0'' x 8' 9'') (5.48m x 2.66m)
recessed window overlooking the courtyard garden with radiator below, ceramic tiled flooring, two radiators, inset ceiling downlights, moulded skirtings. Twin double opening cloakroom cupboard. Semi open-plan to:-
Kitchen: (10' 9'' x 10' 5'') (3.27m x 3.17m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Quartz composite worktop surfaces, inset stainless steel sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, splashback tiling. Integral Smeg stainless steel range cooker with 6 ring gas hob, stainless steel splashback and matching extractor hood with integral lighting. Integral Smeg combi microwave/oven and AEG integrated dishwasher. Space for American style fridge/freezer. A continuation of ceramic tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights, window overlooking the rear off street parking area, breakfast bar. Door with moulded architraves opening to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (7' 0'' x 6' 8'') (2.13m x 2.03m)
having base and eye level cabinets, granite effect roll edged work surface with inset stainless steel sink and draining board to side. Splashback tiling, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, continuation of ceramic tiled flooring, radiator, ceiling light point, wall mounted hive heating control. Wall mounted brand new Vaillant gas boiler. Recessed porthole window and upvc double glazed door opening to the rear off street gated parking area.
ceramic tiled flooring, roof light window, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving to side. Doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
MASTER BEDROOM: (13' 0'' x 12' 0'') (3.96m x 3.65m)
window overlooking the courtyard garden, twin double built-in wardrobes with ample hanging rail and shelving space, oak flooring, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, two ceiling light points, radiator. Door with moulded architraves opening to:-
En Suite Bath/Shower Room/WC: (8' 8'' decreasing to 6'3 x 8' 6'') (2.64m/1.91m x 2.59m)
comprising: low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, spa bath with extendable shower head, double width shower cubicle with built in shower and wall mounted shower attachment. Fully tiled walls and flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, roof light window, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, mirrored medicine cupboard with integral lighting
BEDROOM 2: (15' 0'' x 8' 0'') (4.57m x 2.44m)
upvc double glazed door opening to the front off street parking area with virtually full height window to side. Oak flooring, twin double opening built-in wardrobes with ample hanging rail and shelving space, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, two ceiling light points, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 7'' x 7' 0'') (3.22m x 2.13m)
upvc double glazed door opening to a deck and vegetable garden with virtually full height window to side. Oak flooring, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (10' 8'' decreasing to 7'0 x 5' 9'') (3.25m/2.13m x 1.75m)
comprising: low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, panelled bath with mixer tap and Victorian style telephone shower attachment. Shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and wall mounted hand held shower attachment. Roof light window, fully tiled walls and flooring, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail/radiator, double mirrored cupboard, light and shaver point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
wooden flooring, ceiling light point. Part obscure glazed wooden door opening externally to the roof terrace. Part multi-paned wooden door opening to:-
TRIPLE ASPECT SITTING ROOM: (19' 0'' x 18' 0'') (5.79m x 5.48m)
a gorgeous and particularly large principal reception room with open vaulted ceiling and exposed beams. Double glazed French doors with matching side panels open to a rear Juliet balcony which enjoys a glimpse of the harbourside towards the Wills Memorial Building. Two windows to the side elevation and a further window to the front elevation. Oak flooring, 3 radiators, 7 wall light points. Large virtually full height internal window overlooking the spiralled staircase.
FRONT VEGETABLE GARDEN: (18' 4'' x 16' 0'') (5.58m x 4.87m)
entrance from Cumberland Road via tall vehicular wooden double gates with side panels and can be an additional parking area if required. Fully enclosed by tall red brick walls. Wooden storage area, raised vegetable growing borders. Accessed internally from bedrooms 2 & 3.
SECURE OFF STREET PARKING AREA: (19' 5'' x 17' 8'') (5.91m x 5.38m)
under a brick drive-through with space for two vehicles. Outside water tap. Wrought iron bi-folding gates. Accessed internally via the utility room.
COURTYARD GARDEN: (14' 5'' x 11' 6'') (4.39m x 3.50m)
a sheltered courtyard garden with pedestrian side gate, fully paved with ample space for potted plants. Internally accessed via the entrance hall.
ROOF TERRACE: (19' 0'' x 18' 0'' decreasing to 11'7) (5.79m x 5.48m/3.53m)
laid to artificial grass and enjoying a south and west aspect making this an incredibly sunny and pleasant area in which to enjoy with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.