Cowper Road, Redland
An immensely appealing and elegant 3 double bedroom, 3 reception room ‘villa style’ Victorian period townhouse in an exceptionally convenient location for Chandos Road, with large cellar room, an abundance of period features, high ceilings and south-west facing rear garden.
Coveted location – a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Cotham Hill, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, plus local parks at Cotham Gardens and Redland Green. Local train stations (Clifton Down and Redland) are nearby, and only 500 metres from Cotham Secondary School and Cotham Gardens Primary School.
Lovely atmosphere with many retained period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards, sash windows etc., plus there is a sunny 27ft fully enclosed rear garden.
Having been tastefully and sympathetically renovated by the current owners to a very high standard and specification rarely seen in Bristol homes.
An abundance of period features blend seamlessly with some well-considered, high quality modern improvements including a stylish kitchen, now open plan to the living room which in turn has a wall opening to a recent dining room extension.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted sitting room, semi open plan kitchen/dining/living room. Cellar room.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc, additional shower room/wc.
Outside: front courtyard and pretty south west facing rear garden.
- An stylishly appointed two-storey family house
- 3 double bedrooms
- Family bathroom and additional shower room
- Bay fronted sitting room
- Semi open-plan kitchen/dining/living room
- South-west facing rear garden
- Useful cellar space
- An earliest viewing unhesitatingly recommended
from the pavement, stone wall with pathway through the front garden to a solid wooden front door with fan light and two external wall lights. Door opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ornate ceiling rose. Mains switch board control cupboard housing the gas and electricity meters. Part glazed wooden door and surround with period style patterned glazing, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: 18' 0'' x 5' 10'' max inclusive of staircase (5.48m x 1.78m)
exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose. Elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles. Butlers pantry housing an original dresser with drawers and storage cupboards below. Door with stairs descending to the basement. Six panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 15' 2'' x 11' 6'' extending to 14'11" max into bay (4.62m x 3.50m)
sash window to the front elevation with louvred plantation style shutters. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, cast iron surround, slate hearth and an ornately carved Carrera marble mantle piece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted book shelving. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: 21' 6'' x 13' 6'' plus 9'10" x 9'10" (6.55m x 4.11m)
loosely divided as follows:
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss soft-closing base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll-edged wooden worktop surfaces, chimney breast with recessed space for range cooker and extractor fan. Integral tall fridge/freezer, dishwasher and wine cooler, space for washing machine, island unit with undermount stainless steel sink and swan neck mixer tap, pantry cupboard, corner pull-out carousel recycling cupboard, wall mounted concealed Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler, exposed wooden floorboards, coved ceiling inset ceiling downlights, two ceiling light points, surround sound speakers. part glazed door opening externally to the rear garden with additional window beside. Open walkway through to:-
central chimney breast with inset coal-effect gas stove set upon a slate hearth with slate inserts and an ornately carved Carrera marble mantle piece. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate moulded ceiling rose, radiator. Wide walkway through to:-
recent addition with high sloping UV protected double-glazed glass roof, 2 windows to the side elevation and powder coated bi-folding doors opening externally to the rear garden, tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, four wall lights points.
CELLAR ROOM: 15' 0'' x 13' 10'' measured into wall beneath sloping ceiling at approx 6'0 (4.57m x 4.21m)
useful storage area, brick floor, power and light, water stopcock.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: 16' 8'' x 5' 10'' measurements including stairwell (5.08m x 1.78m)
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux window, moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point, loft access. Four panelled stripped pine doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 15' 4'' x 11' 8'' (4.67m x 3.55m)
having a pair of sash windows to the front elevation, period fireplace with ornately carved mantlepiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, double opening built-in wardrobe, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 11'' x 11' 3'' (4.24m x 3.43m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, period fireplace with ornately mantle piece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 0'' x 10' 3'' max measurements (4.26m x 3.12m)
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden with radiator below, central period fireplace with ornately carved mantlepiece, double-opening built-in wardrobes to either side of the fireplace and having cupboards above, moulded skirtings, two wall light points, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 6' 10'' x 6' 7'' (2.08m x 2.01m)
free standing bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap, low level dual flush wc, partial marble tiled walls, exposed wooden floorboards, sash window to front elevation with louvred plantation style shutters, LED mood lighting, heated towel rail/radiator, wall mounted mirror with intergral lighting.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 5' 3'' x 4' 9'' (1.60m x 1.45m)
corner shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, low level flush wc with concealed cistern, circular wash handbasin with mixer tap, partially tiled walls, inset ceiling downlights, heated towel rail/radiator, Velux window, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: 22' 0'' x 11' 4'' (6.70m x 3.45m)
Wolfstone wall along the front boundary and an established easy maintenance garden with an assortment of flowering plants and mature shrubs including Magnolia, Hydrangea and Climbing Rose.
REAR GARDEN: 27' 5'' decreasing to 17'5" x 21' 5'' (8.35m x 6.52m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly orientation and enclosed on all three sides by stone walling. Accessed either via the kitchen or from the bi-folding doors off the dining area, the garden is predominantly laid to lawn with deep shrub boarders on 3 sides featuring a wide array of flowering plants and mature shrubs including Amelia, Pittosporum, Hydrangea and Skimmia. Outside water tap, dual power socket, lighting and useful garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.