Cornwallis Avenue, Clifton
A rather impressive and well-proportioned (2,123 sq.ft.), 5 bedroom, 2 reception room period home tucked away on a neighbourly street in a backwater part of Clifton. Further benefiting from many original features, wonderful views over the city and a landscaped town garden with handy gated side access.
High ceilings, tall sash windows and a relatively open aspect fill this impressive period home with an abundance of natural light.
Pleasantly situated between Clifton Village and the harbourside in a peaceful enclave with easy access into the city centre and for commuter access to the M5 junction 19 via the Portway.
Ground Floor: central entrance hallway, wonderful 19ft x 15ft bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/playroom, sociable kitchen/breakfast room with adjoining utility area, ground floor cloakroom/wc and double doors accessing the rear garden.
First Floor: landing, principal double bedroom, 2 further bedrooms and the family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: central landing, 2 further double bedrooms, a further bathroom/wc and access into useful attic storage space.
Residents parking scheme and a low density approach road make on street parking easier than many other central roads.
Owned by the current owners for the last 15 years, this much loved period home offers plenty of space, lots of character and a lovely location.
- An impressive 5 bedroom family home
- 2 reception rooms
- 2123 square foot
- private rear garden
- Lovely location, between Clifton village and the Harbourside.
- Handy for the green open spaces of the Downs and Ashton court
via the main front door on the side of the building into a lovely welcoming central entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (19' 4'' x 5' 10'' inclusive of staircase (5.89m x 1.78m))
a central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, period tessellated tiled floor with inset floor mat, understairs storage cupboard and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/playroom and the kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 19' 6'' max into chimney recess x 14' 11'' max into bay (5.94m x 4.54m))
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, wide by to front comprising 3 sash windows with a lovely open outlook over rooftops of the surrounding area towards the hills in the distance, exposed floorboards, period style fireplace with marble surround and mantle, built in storage cupboards and open shelving to chimney recesses and a radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (11' 9'' max into bay x 10' 11'' max into chimney recess (3.58m x 3.32m))
a wide by to side comprising 3 sash windows with original stained glass panels over and built in plantation shutters, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, period style fireplace with tiled hearth and built in shelving to feature alcove chimney recesses.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (18' 6'' x 11' 6'' max into chimney recess increasing to 17'3" in utility area (5.63m x 3.50m))
a good sized family kitchen/dining room with a range of base and eye level cream coloured kitchen units with wood block worktop over, feature tiled chimney recess with space for range cooker, integrated fridge/freezer, recessed utility area with base level units with inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink and drainer unit over, integrated dishwasher and tumble dryer and plumbing and appliance space for washing machine. Tiled floor, inset spotlights, part glazed French doors accessing the rear garden and further door leading off the utility area to the ground floor cloakroom/wc.
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, large sash window to side and a radiator.
a spacious first floor landing with large sash window to side offering a lovely open outlook down Cornwallis Avenue and providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell. Doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc. Further door accesses a staircase leading up to the second floor.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 3'' to front of built in wardrobes x 14' 10'' max into bay (4.95m x 4.52m))
an impressive principal double bedroom with bay window to front providing a fabulous open outlook over rooftops of surrounding buildings towards the harbourside area and the Dundry Hills in the distance. There are 2 doors accessing recessed wardrobes with built in hanging rail and open shelving and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 0'' max into bay window x 11' 3'' max into chimney recess (3.65m x 3.43m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, bay to side offering a lovely open outlook with 3 sash windows, period style fireplace, built in corner cupboard/wardrobe with hanging rail and open shelving, radiator and a sink with tiled splashback.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 0'' x 7' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.87m x 2.34m))
sash window to rear, corner cupboard/wardrobe, radiator, low level door accessing an understairs storage space and high ceilings with ceiling coving.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (12' 4'' x 6' 6'' (3.76m x 1.98m))
white suite comprising panelled double ended bath with central mixer taps, low level wc with concealed cistern, a separate shower enclosure with system fed shower, a large floating wall mounted sink, built in alcove shelving, heated towel rail. Airing Cupboard housing lagged water tank and slatted shelving, part tiled walls and inset spotlights.
N.B. The loft was converted historically and likely pre-dates any building regulations.
spacious central landing with doors off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and second family bathroom/wc. Further door accesses a walk in attic storage space.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) 12' 3'' x 11' 4'' (3.73m x 3.45m))
a double bedroom with sash window to side and large Velux skylight window providing amazing cityscape views, door connects through to the second floor bathroom, which also has an entrance off the landing allowing it to be either used as an en suite or separate bathroom.
BEDROOM 5: ((front) 12' 1'' x 7' 10'' (3.68m x 2.39m))
a double bedroom with large Velux skylight window to front and a radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (9' 2'' x 7' 6'' (2.79m x 2.28m))
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, sash window to side and a radiator.
REAR GARDEN: (27' 0'' x 15' 6'' (8.22m x 4.72m))
a landscaped rear garden mainly laid to stone paving providing a generous outdoor seating area with crisp white rendered walls containing raised flower borders with various plants and shrubs and inset lighting, decked seating area, garden tap, handy gated access from the side of the property and door accessing the garden store/boiler cupboard with useful outdoor storage and housing the Worcester Bosch gas central heating boiler.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 9999 year lease which commenced on 2 March 1856. There is also a £6 per annum rent charge. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.