Collingwood Road | Redland
An excellent 2 double bedroom garden apartment with private entrance, separate kitchen and direct access to a private north-east facing garden. Positioned within a converted Victorian building on a noticeably quiet street within a moment’s walk of Chandos Road. No onward chain. On a quiet street within a stones’ throw of the popular Chandos Road with a number of fine neighbourhood eateries and local pubs - highly convenient location for access to all central areas and within an easy walk of the cafes, restaurants, and shops of Clifton Down and Whiteladies Road and the open areas of Clifton and Durdham Downs. Redland Green, Cotham Gardens Park and Redland train station are also a short walk away. Also nearby there are excellent schools including Redland Green, Cotham Secondary, Bristol Grammar, St John’s and Cotham Gardens Primary. Generous and well-tended private north-east facing rear garden with further small front courtyard. Quiet location yet on the doorstep of the excellent amenities on Chandos Road. Well decorated throughout and benefitting from double glazed windows and a separate kitchen. One of three flats within an internally managed building and benefitting from a share of the Freehold. 2.47m/8’1” high ceilings throughout the apartment. CN Residents Parking Zone No onward chain
- An excellent garden apartment with private entrance
- 2 double bedrooms
- Bay fronted living room (18'3 x 13'0)
- Separate kitchen (10'0 x 5'3)
- Positioned within a converted Victorian building
- 2.47m/8'1 high ceilings throughout the apartment
- Quiet location yet on the doorstep of Chandos Road
- Direct access to a private north-east facing garden
- Benefitting from a share of the Freehold
- No onward chain
the property is approached through a wrought iron gate from the street adjacent to a small communal front garden with the private courtyard below and bin store area to the left. A side passageway leads away from the front entrance which serves the upper flats within the building. Down a short flight of three steps to a side private entrance to the property with outside water supply and further private rear gate which provides an alternative entrance through to the rear garden. Glazed and panelled wooden door into:-
CENTRAL HALLWAY: (11' 6'' x 5' 11'') (3.50m x 1.80m)
a central hall with five doors leading from it to bedrooms, bathroom, sitting room and kitchen. Tiled flooring leading through to kitchen, head height consumer unit.
LIVING ROOM: (18' 3'' x 13' 0'') (5.56m x 3.96m)
angled bay window to front elevation with three upvc double glazed sash windows overlooking front private courtyard and raised communal front garden. Gas fireplace with wooden surround and mantel. Built-in shelving either side of chimney breast with cabinet into one of the alcoves.
KITCHEN: (10' 0'' x 5' 3'') (3.05m x 1.60m)
tiled flooring continues, upvc double glazed window to side elevation overlooking passageway. Eye level kitchen units with cupboard concealing Vaillant combi boiler, splashback metro style tiling with varnished square edged wooden work surfaces, integrated drainer around recessed Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap, integrated Samsung 4 ring electric hob with matching integrated oven below. Spaces for washing machine and undercounter fridge. Recessed alcove into former service hatch with built-in shelving, radiator below.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 6'' x 10' 11'') (4.11m x 3.32m)
upvc double glazed double doors to rear elevation opening onto rear garden, radiator, three doors to built-in wardrobes on opposing wall.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 6'' x 7' 9'') (4.11m x 2.36m)
upvc double glazed sash window to rear elevation overlooking garden with radiator below.
BATHROOM/WC: (6' 6'' x 5' 9'') (1.98m x 1.75m)
fully tiled walls and floor with white bathroom suite comprising 'P' shaped acrylic bath with matching shower screen, mixer tap and mains fed mixer shower, close coupled wc, pedestal hand basin, mirrored medicine cabinet, wall mounted extractor fan, mains fed heated towel rail.
the upper area of the garden to the front at street level is communal and well stocked with a mature tree and a variety of shrubs and flowers. The area below this with the short retaining wall is the front courtyard and is private to this property.
the rear garden is accessed via a wooden security gate under the undercroft, or via doors directly from the bedroom, which opens to a very pleasant walled north-east facing rear garden. There are brick and stone walls to three sides with a block paved patio in the foreground before raising slightly to the larger proportion of the garden which is well stocked with a central raised vegetable patch and further raised beds around the perimeter with plants such as strawberries, broad beans and runner beans, rhubarb, cherry tree and apple tree with the rest of the garden being laid to stone chippings. The undercroft to the side leads back to the front of the property and has been used by the present and previous owner as a useful storage area in addition to the small timber wooden shed in the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease from and including 1 June 1988 to and including 31 May 2987. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £52. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: C.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.