Cobblestone Mews | Clifton
A highly distinctive and versatile semi-detached two-storey Victorian period 3 bedroom former coach house in a central Clifton Village location enjoying covered courtyard, dual aspect sitting room (20ft x 15ft) and shaker style kitchen/breakfast room (14ft 13ft), having undergone an extensive refurbishment by the present owners in recent years and now to be sold with no onward chain.
Set behind impressive original wooden double doors, there is a covered courtyard which can also be used to incorporate parking if required. The property is arranged over two levels with charming shaker style kitchen/breakfast room with solid wooden worktops and integrated appliances. There is an attractive entrance hall with elegant staircase and arched window to the rear elevation. Also on the ground floor there is a utility/separate WC. Situated off the courtyard there is a recently created guest bedroom/home office with separate wc (22ft x 10ft).
On the first floor, a beautiful dual aspect sitting room which benefits from a canopied ceiling, exposed wooden flooring and an inset wood burning stove. A hallway then gives access to a pair of double bedrooms and family bath/shower room.
Cobblestone Mews is a quiet and atmospheric cobbled street within walking distance of Clifton village with its wide array of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is striking and varied with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just under a mile away. Clifton Down railway station is also just a short walk away and provides regular access to Bristol Temple Meads.
The property is packed with both original character (including sash and porthole windows and stone flagged and wooden flooring) and high quality modern additions.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- An attractive two-storey Victorian period former coach house
- In a central Clifton Village location
- 3 bedrooms
- Dual aspect sitting room
- Shaker style kitchen/breakfast room
- Covered courtyard
- Extensively renovated in recent years by the sellers
- No onward chain
impressive original wooden double doors, opening to:-
COVERED COURTYARD: 21' 11'' x 9' 11'' (6.68m x 3.02m)
12ft high ceiling with bespoke architectural gate looking through to the rear elevation, raised brick shrub border, wall light point. Casement door with fan light, opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALL: 8' 10'' x 6' 9'' (2.69m x 2.06m)
enjoying plenty of natural light via a multi-paned arched window to the rear elevation, elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and spindles, tiled flooring and an inlaid entrance mat, useful understairs storage cupboard, radiator, ceiling light point. Double opening casement doors open to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 5'' x 13' 5'' (4.39m x 4.09m)
a charming custom made kitchen, comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style units combining drawers, cabinets and wine racks, solid wooden worktop surfaces with bevelled edged splashback tiling. Undermount Belfast-style sink with swan neck mixer tap. Integral electric oven with 4 ring gas hob and stainless steel extractor hood. Integral slimline dishwasher, tiled flooring, ample space for table and chairs, recess with space for tall fridge/freezer, radiator, two ceiling light points. Cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler. Three double glazed sash windows to the front elevation plus internal window through to the entrance hall and porthole window through to the:-
CLOAKROOM/UTILITY: 6' 11'' x 8' 4'' (2.11m x 2.54m)
obscure-glazed sash window to the rear elevation, plus porthole window at raised height level through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Base level cabinets and drawers with solid roll edged wooden worktop and an undermount Belfast-style sink and mixer tap. Low level dual flush wc, tiled flooring, space and plumbing for washing machine, radiator, shelving, ceiling light point.
FIRST FLOOR: 20' 2'' x 14' 5'' (6.14m x 4.39m)
dual aspect with sash windows to both front and rear elevations with a further two Velux windows to the front elevation and three to the rear elevation. Chimney breast with inset wood burning stove set upon a tiled hearth with wooden mantle piece. Exposed wooden floorboards, arched recess with shelving, two radiators, moulded skirtings, part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and spindles. A shallow flight of steps with four panelled door, opening to:-
STUDY LANDING: 9' 11'' x 6' 5'' (3.02m x 1.95m)
attractive porthole window to the rear elevation with brick surround, Velux window, moulded skirtings, radiator, wall light point. Four panelled door opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 14' 4'' x 9' 11'' (4.37m x 3.02m)
sash window to the front elevation, plus two skylight windows, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: 10' 8'' x 10' 5'' (3.25m x 3.17m)
sash window to the front elevation plus two skylight windows, exposed wooden floorboards, Victorian style radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Built-in double opening wardrobe with cupboards above.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: 7' 8'' x 6' 5'' (2.34m x 1.95m)
free standing roll top bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment. Recessed shower with low level shower tray, wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Low level flush wc. Pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and partially tiled walls. Velux window, heated towel rail/radiator, mirrored cupboard with wall light, additional wall lights and an inset ceiling downlight.
From the covered courtyard, a double glazed wooden casement door opens to bedroom/annexe:-
HOME OFFICE/BEDROOM 3: 22' 4'' x 10' 7'' including separate wc (6.80m x 3.22m)
raised height multipaned arched window to the rear elevation set into an attractive exposed brick arch. Double glazed casement doors to the front elevation set behind the original part glazed wooden doors which provide plenty of natural light. Solid oak flooring with sections of stone flagged flooring. Wall mounted shelving, two radiators, inset ceiling downlights. Raised height double opening storage cupboard. Four panelled wooden door opening to:-
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash handbasin with mixer tap and splashback tiling, heated towel rail/radiator, tiled flooring, small internal window through to the covered courtyard, inset ceiling downlights.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.