Brynland Avenue, Bishopston
An exceptionally well presented 4 double bedroom (1 with en suite), 2 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home enjoying the rare advantage of off street parking and a superb kitchen/diner (19ft x 11ft) leading directly out onto a sunny westerly facing rear garden.
Great location within a short stroll of the independent cafes, shops and restaurants of Gloucester Road and within 400 metres of both Bishop Road and Brunel Fields Primary Schools. St Andrews park is also within easy reach as are bus connections to all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with handy recessed cloaks storage cupboard, central entrance hallway with understairs utility area, superb bay fronted sitting room with log burning stove, reception 2/family room, also with log burning stove and French doors accessing the garden, separate modern kitchen/breakfast room with a lovely light aspect, ground floor wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room and recessed walk in wardrobe, bedroom 2 and family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing and 2 further double bedrooms.
Double glazed sash windows throughout.
Off road parking for a family sized car.
A much loved period home with great style, plenty of natural light and original features, as well as the sunny garden, off road parking and much more.
- A beautiful 4 double bedroom family home
- Sunny west facing garden
- 2 reception rooms + a socaible kitchen dining room
- off road parking
- double glazed sash windows
- superb location, close to Gloucester Rd
- Many period features
- Downstairs W.C., utility room and cloaks cupboard
via pathway leading beside driveway providing off street parking for one family sized vehicle. The pathway continues up the right hand side of the property where you will find the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (7' 0'' x 3' 2'' (2.13m x 0.96m))
2 Velux skylight windows, alarm control panel, dado rail, inset floor mat, radiator, door accessing generous recessed cloaks cupboard and wide wall opening leading into the central entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (10' 10'' x 5' 7'' inclusive of staircase (3.30m x 1.70m))
a welcoming central entrance hallway with original staircase rising up to the first floor landing with a door beneath the stairs accessing an understairs utility room. High ceilings with ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, engineered oak flooring, radiator, dado rail, corner meter cupboard and doors leading off to the sitting room and reception 2/family room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 17' 5'' max into chimney recess x 15' 4'' max into bay (5.30m x 4.67m))
a lovely broad sitting room with wide bay to front comprising 4 double glazed sash windows with original stained glass panels over, high ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rose, feature chimney recess with wood burning stove and period white marble surround and mantle. Radiator, tv point and telephone point with fibre optic broadband line.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (17' 4'' max into chimney recess x 10' 8'' (5.28m x 3.25m))
a good sized second reception room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, feature brick chimney recess with wood burning stove with timber surround and mantle and stone hearth, built in shelving to chimney recesses, engineered oak flooring, radiator, doorway through to the kitchen/breakfast room and further door accessing ground floor cloakroom/wc. Double glazed French doors with large glazed panel over provides plenty of natural light into the reception room and access out onto the rear garden.
KITCHEN/DINER: (19' 5'' x 11' 8'' max (5.91m x 3.55m))
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level white coloured units with wood block oak worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated appliances including stainless steel oven with built in microwave oven, 4 ring induction hob and further appliance space and plumbing for dishwasher and fridge/freezer, free standing island unit providing additional open shelving storage and seating plus built in L shaped bench seating and space for family dining table. The overall kitchen/breakfast space is flooded with natural light provided by the Velux skylight windows and dual aspect large picture windows to rear and side, overlooking the rear garden. Further glazed door to side accessing the side return area of the rear garden. Engineered oak flooring, contemporary upright radiators and inset spotlights.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (4' 1'' x 3' 3'' (1.24m x 0.99m))
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks, radiator, Velux skylight window and extractor fan.
UTILITY AREA: (6' 0'' x 5' 6'' (1.83m x 1.68m))
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer with built in wood block worktop over and inset sink, engineered oak flooring, wall mounted cupboards and inset spotlights.
a double glazed sash window to side providing plenty of natural light into the landing and stairwell, staircase continuing up to the second floor landing, radiator, dado rail and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: ((rear) 12' 11'' max into chimney recess x 12' 0'' (3.93m x 3.65m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, central ceiling rose and large double glazed westerly facing sash window to rear, attractive original fireplace with inset tiles, door accessing recessed wardrobe with built in hanging rail and shelving, further doors access an en suite shower room and fabulous walk in wardrobe, with further built in hanging rails and open shelving.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: (14' 8'' x 3' 10'' (4.47m x 1.17m))
white suite comprising a good sized shower enclosure, low level wc, wash hand basin with built in drawer storage beneath, part tiled walls, chrome effect heated towel rail, radiator, inset spotlights, small double glazed window to side and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: ((front) 12' 2'' x 11' 5'' max into chimney recess (3.71m x 3.48m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, 2 large double glazed sash windows to front, radiator and door accessing a good sized recessed storage cupboard/wardrobe.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (12' 3'' x 11' 8'' (3.73m x 3.55m))
a white suite comprising a bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, separate shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with built in storage drawers beneath, large mirror, open shelving, inset spotlights, double glazed window to side, part tiled walls, tiled floor and corner cupboard housing a modern Worcester gas boiler.
doors leading off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 4 and a fabulous high level remote controlled Velux skylight window flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light.
BEDROOM 3: (15' 4'' max into chimney recess x 9' 6'' max taken below sloped ceiling (4.67m x 2.89m))
a good sized double bedroom with a double glazed sash window to rear offering a wonderful cityscape view over rooftops of the surrounding area. Radiator and door accessing generous recessed storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: (15' 5'' max into chimney recess x 9' 9'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.70m x 2.97m))
a double bedroom with double glazed sash window to front, radiator and door accessing a useful recessed storage cupboard.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the frontage of the property is mainly laid to stone chippings providing off street parking for a generous family sized vehicle, there is also additional space for bins and bicycle storage and a pathway leads off the driveway at the right hand side of the property to the main entrance to the house.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 48' 0'' max into side return courtyard x 22' 0'' max (14.62m x 6.70m))
(28ft/8.53m in main garden section) a lovely sunny westerly facing rear garden mainly laid to lawn with paved seating area closest to the property and further decked seating area with 2 steps down onto the main section of garden which is framed with flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees. Brick walled and slatted fenced boundaries, a useful recessed garden store cupboard, outside tap and lighting. The gardens orientation means it is blessed with the afternoon and early evening summer sunshine.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.