Berkeley Road | Westbury Park
A well-proportioned and extended 3 double bedroom period family home situated on a sought-after and neighbourly road within the heart of Westbury Park, just a short stroll from The Downs.
Superb location within a short level stroll of the green open spaces of Durdham Downs, local independent shops and restaurants of North View, Coldharbour Road and Waitrose supermarket.
Excellent schools nearby including Westbury Park (within 350 metres) and Redland Green School (within 1km) and close to bus connections to central Bristol.
Stylishly extended on the ground floor by the current owners providing a flexible & sociable layout.
3 Double bedrooms.
Family bathroom and downstairs cloakroom.
Retaining a wealth of period features and charm.
Generous attic space with further potential to be converted (subject to necessary consents).
- Attractive 3 double bedroom period family home
- Retaining many period features & charm
- Superb & extended kitchen side return extension
- Mediterranean style rear garden with rear access
- Desirable Westbury Park location just metres from the Downs
- Close to local shops, restaurants & cafes
- Within 350m of Westbury Park Primary
- Within 1km of Redland Green School
The property is accessed via stone paved front courtyard garden leading up to wooden front door.
High ceilings with ceiling coving, wall mounted cupboards housing electric meters, wooden door with glass panel leads through into:
Staircase rises to first floor, doors lead off to sitting room, kitchen/reception 2 and understairs wc. Laid with cubed brick tiled flooring, gas radiator, moulded skirting boards, alarm panel, light point and generous understairs storage recess.
SITTING ROOM: 13' 7'' x 12' 10'' (4.14m x 3.91m)
A charming bay fronted sitting room with original cornicing and ceiling light point, laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, TV & internet points, radiator, bay to front containing double glazed uPVC sash windows to overlooking front elevation towards front courtyard garden & road, gas log burner set within chimney recess beneath stylish mantle with painted surround.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 19' 9'' x 16' 6'' (6.02m x 5.03m)
Extended by the current owners to a high standard, an exceptionally wide room with side return extension fitted with a variety of wall, base & drawer units including hidden utility cupboard. Double glazed French doors leading out to rear garden, plenty of natural light coming through from double glazed window to rear elevation facing garden alongside multiple Velux skylights flooding light through from above. Integrated fridge/freezer, space for double oven with fitted extractor hood overhead, integrated dishwasher, stainless steel 1 ½ bowl sink with swan neck mixer tap over and integrated drainer unit to side, integrated bottle rack, rolled edged quartz granite work tops and exposed valiant boiler. Light points & inset ceiling down lights. This well-designed space further benefits from central island/breakfast bar with rolled edged quartz granite work tops and drawer units for general storage etc. Accessed via the kitchen as well as through wooden door off the entrance hallway is the second reception room.
RECEPTION ROOM 2: 11' 6'' x 10' 3'' (3.50m x 3.12m)
A large second reception room which could be used for a multitude of different purposes such as dining room, family room or snug, but currently utilised as an office space. Laid with fitted carpet, lar1ge integrated shelving units fixed to wall, gas radiator, moulded skirting boards, light point also.
Situated beneath the stairs rising to the first floor & compromising a low level wc, wall mounted hand wash basin with stainless steel swan neck tap over, stylish tiled splash backs and tiled flooring.
Carpeted staircase with wooden banister ascends to first floor landing with doors off to bed 1,2 & 3 alongside the family bathroom. Laid with fitted carpet, moulded skirting boards, light point, gas radiator & useful integrated storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 8'' x 11' 3'' (5.08m x 3.43m)
large master bedroom spanning the width of this charming home with large double glazed uPVC sash windows over the looking front elevation. Laid with fitted carpet, gas radiator, wardrobe, light point.
BEDROOM 2: 11' 5'' x 10' 6'' (3.48m x 3.20m)
Laid with fitted carpet, gas radiator, light point. Double glazed uPVC sash window overlooking rear elevation towards garden.
BEDROOM 3: 9' 2'' x 8' 2'' (2.79m x 2.49m)
The smallest of the rooms but still a double bedroom which is laid with fitted carpet, gas radiator, light point with double glazed uPVC sash window overlooking rear elevation towards garden
A stylish white suite compromising low level wc with dual flush, floor standing hand wash basin with chrome effect taps, panelled bath with wall mounted chrome taps and wall mounted shower head over. Stylish white tiled splashbacks on three sides with decorative tiled flooring throughout. Double glazed uPVC window overlooking side elevation with inset ceiling lights over. Thermostatically controlled underfloor heating, heated towel rail/radiator.
level courtyard front garden laid to stone paving.
a level low maintenance courtyard rear garden mainly laid with wooden decking providing a ‘Mediterranean’ feel with flower bed to rear elevation with high shrubs and bamboo providing a good degree of privacy. Rear access leads out to alleyway leading back out onto Berkeley Road being handy for children, bikes & dogs etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: D
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.