Berkeley Road, Bishopston
An immaculately presented and elegant 4/5 bedroom, 2 ‘bathroom’, 2/3 reception room period family residence (circa 2,680 sq.ft.) boasting a magnificent extended kitchen/dining room with bi fold doors leading onto a level 75ft rear garden and further benefiting from off street parking for 2 cars, located within 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School.
Generous room proportions throughout with flexible and roomy accommodation ideal for family living.
Enviable position convenient for the shops, restaurants and amenities of Gloucester Road, and also within 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School.
Lower Ground Floor: entrance hallway and bedroom 5/reception room 3.
Ground Floor: landing, sitting room, family room/reception 2, stunning kitchen/breakfast room, kitchen store/boiler room and cloakroom/utility.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite bathroom/wc and bedroom 2.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
A truly impressive and large Victorian period home with much to offer in a superb location for families
- An immaculately presented and elegant period family residence
- 4/5 bedrooms (1 with en-suite bathroom/wc)
- Generous sitting room (18'2 max x 15'1)
- Family room/reception 2 (18'2 max x 11'10)
- Stunning kitchen/breakfast room with bi-fold doors to garden
- Attractively landscaped and generous lawned garden (75ft x 23ft)
- Off street parking for 2 cars side by side
- A truly impressive and large Victorian period home
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
via landscaped brick paved driveway where there are several steps down to the main front door of the property into the entrance hallway. Intercom entry system by the front door.
inset spotlights, double radiator, period style tiled flooring, high level meter cupboard, wall mounted alarm control panel, double doors off to bedroom 5/reception 3 and staircase leading up to ground floor landing.
BEDROOM 5/RECEPTION ROOM 3: ((15' 2'' x 13' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.62m x 4.04m))
double glazed windows to front with working wooden shutters, oak flooring, double radiator, telephone point.
staircase continuing to first floor landing, part oak and part stone tiled floor, high level built in storage cupboard. Recessed meter cupboard also housing control panel for a fully integrated smoke and fire alarm system. Doors off to sitting room and family room.
SITTING ROOM: ((18' 2'' into chimney recess x 15' 1'') (5.53m x 4.59m))
high ceilings with cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail, large floor to ceiling double glazed windows to front with working wooden shutters, attractive brushed steel period style fireplace with gas coal effect fire, marble surround and granite hearth, oak flooring, single radiator, tv point.
FAMILY ROOM/RECEPTION 2: ((18' 2'' max into recess x 11' 10'') (5.53m x 3.60m))
ceiling coving, 2 large parched feature recesses with built in shelving either side of fireplace where there is a wood burning stove with tiled hearth, oak flooring, tv point, door through to cloakroom/utility and wide wall opening leading through to kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((18' 2'' x 14' 8'') (5.53m x 4.47m))
a stunning kitchen/breakfast room with a recently fitted (2011) contemporary kitchen provided and installed by John Lewis of Hungerford comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with part marble and part wood worktop over, inset 1½ bowl sink with mixer taps and separate hot water tap, integrated Neff double oven and microwave, inset 4 ring gas hob with cylindrical extractor tube over, appliance space and plumbing for American style fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher, pan drawers, breakfast bar area, ample space for dining table, stone flooring with under floor heating, 4 large Velux skylight windows, inset spotlights, double glazed windows to rear, triple bi fold doors providing seamless opening from the kitchen through to the garden, wall mounted thermostat control for under floor heating, door through to kitchen store/boiler room.
KITCHEN STORE/BOILER ROOM: ((4' 10'' max x 4' 3'') (1.47m x 1.29m))
wall mounted Worcester gas boiler, built in work top and tiled floor.
CLOAKROOM/UTILITY: ((8' 2'' x 4' 2'') (2.49m x 1.27m))
newly refurbished, floor to ceiling tiling, low level wc with concealed cistern, vanity sink unit, work surface with appliance space and plumbing for washing machine beneath, extractor fan, chrome effect heated towel rail.
staircase continuing to second floor landing, doors off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (18' 7'' into chimney recess x 16' 0'') (5.66m x 4.87m))
double glazed windows to front offering pleasant cityscape outlook over roof tops of neighbouring area, tiled fireplace with wood surround, single radiator, tv point, door thro' to:-
En Suite Bathroom/WC: ((6' 8'' x 6' 3'') (2.03m x 1.90m))
recently refurbished, freestanding bath, low level wc with concealed cistern, vanity sink unit, mirrored wall cabinet, glass shelving in recess, completely tiled floor and walls, extractor fan, spotlight, shaver point.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (18' 3'' into chimney recess x 11' 10'') (5.56m x 3.60m))
double glazed window to rear with pleasant outlook over rear garden, attractive period style fireplace, single radiator.
doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc, large Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through landing and stairwell, loft hatch.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) (16' 5'' max at 4'1/1.24m min ceiling height x 12' 2'') (5.00m x 3.71m))
double glazed window to front offering fantastic panoramic roof top views over neighbouring areas, single radiator and door accessing recessed wardrobe.
BEDROOM 4: ((16' 5'' max at min 4'0/1.22m ceiling height x 11' 5'') (5.00m x 3.48m))
double glazed window to rear overlooking neighbouring gardens, single radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((9' 10'' x 6' 1'' max at 4'0/1.22m min ceiling height) (2.99m x 1.85m))
bright and recently fitted bathroom comprising fired earth white suite with claw foot bath and central mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, recessed shower enclosure with system fed shower, glass screen and mosaic tiled walls, stone tiled floor, period style radiator/towel rail, shaver point and 2 Velux skylight windows.
OFF STREET PARKING:
the front garden is landscaped to provide off street parking for 2 cars side by side.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 75' 0'' x 23' 0'') (22.84m x 7.01m))
tastefully landscaped and generous level garden with seating area closest to the property, large lawned sections with borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees leading to feature circular seating area. raised borders/vegetable patch, screened off storage area where there are two generous garden sheds.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.