Bathurst Parade | Harbourside
Looking for something unique and special? Come and look at this stunning modern two double bedroom maisonette overlooking the Bathurst Basin Marina behind a grade II listed Byzantine facade. With approx 1,600 sq. ft. of internal space plus storage and off street parking.
Built in 1874, this was the office of John Robinson Ltd whose adjacent mill crushed edible oilseeds. The building was then transformed in 1984 into a squash court and redeveloped in 1997 into a very impressive apartment with amazing views over this quiet waterfront. There is a private ground floor entrance, and designated parking, plus visitor parking permit.
The approx. 1,600 sq. ft. accommodation is on 3 floors with two bathrooms and further cloakroom, and the large drawing room upstairs has a high ceiling and delightful sunny aspect, directly overlooking the water.
Local facilities are second to none within the new development of the historic Harbourside nearby. There is a palpable sense of kinship to waterside European cities with easy strolls to local shops, cafes, restaurants and bars as well as theatre, museums, and shows. Central Bristol has offices and work opportunities within a short walking distance.
Single allocated parking space.
High ceilings and large sash windows
Private entrance and access to a communal garden.
2 bathrooms and generous amounts of storage.
No onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- A unique and special modern maisonette
- Overlooking the Bathurst Basin Marina
- 2 double bedrooms
- Approx. 1,600 sq ft of accommodation over 3 floors
- Sits behind a grade II listed Byzantine facade
- Large drawing room with delightful sunny aspect
- Spacious kitchen/diner
- High ceilings and large sash windows
- Single allocated parking space
- No onward chain making a prompt move possible
the property is approached via the Challoner Court side of the building (rear) where two short steps lead up to a wrought iron gated covered storm porch with outside light and terracotta tiles leading up to a private entrance door with obscured glazing leading into:-
RECEPTION HALL: (15' 11'' x 12' 1'') (4.85m x 3.68m)
large reception hallway with spacious understairs cupboard, tiled flooring, wall mounted consumer units and electric radiator. Two steps lead up to a raised area providing access to the bedrooms and turning staircase, space for desk/study area. Door into:-
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 1'' x 4' 6'') (2.77m x 1.37m)
worktops with splashback tiling, stainless steel sink. Space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer and space for undercounter fridge. Cork tiled floor. Further door at the end of the utility leads to a small walk-in Airing Cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and wooden slatted shelving.
BATHROOM/WC: (9' 0'' x 7' 8'') (2.74m x 2.34m)
tiled flooring continues from the reception hall. White bathroom suite comprising close coupled wc, bidet, acrylic bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, separate mains fed shower, pedestal hand basin with splashback tiling, shaving point, electric heated towel rail, Dimplex wall mounted heater.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 5'' x 11' 9'') (5.00m x 3.58m)
wood framed single glazed sash window to front elevation overlooking the Marina with electric radiator below, built-in wardrobes and central vanity unit, high ceilings. Door leads to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (7' 9'' x 5' 6'') (2.36m x 1.68m)
tiled flooring, close coupled wc, pedestal hand basin, tiled walling to half wall height extending to head height around the shower enclosure with low level shower tray and mains fed Mira Excel shower, electric shaving point, medicine cabinet, electric heated towel rail, Dimplex electric wall heater, ceiling pulley clothes airer.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 5'' x 8' 9'') (5.00m x 2.66m)
wood framed single glazed sash window to front elevation overlooking the Marina with electric radiator below, high ceilings, built-in wardrobes.
staircase turns to a half landing which provides access to the only room on this level. Door into:-
KITCHEN/DINER: (21' 0'' x 13' 1'') (6.40m x 3.98m)
a spacious kitchen open plan with a connected side room, naturally lit by wood framed double glazed window to rear elevation overlooking the vehicular entrance and towards Challoner Court. Wooden flooring throughout, eye and floor level cupboards, roll edged work surfaces with splashback tiling, inset 1 1/3rd stainless steel sink with mixer tap and drainer. Fully integrated appliances include double Neff oven, undercounter fridge, undercounter freezer and undercounter dishwasher. Space for large dining table. The kitchen opens to a side room with electric radiator and provides access to a large walk-in cupboard with limited head room, power and lighting which offers excellent storage space.
LANDING: (20' 11'' x 7' 9'') (6.37m x 2.36m)
a further turning staircase provides access to a generous first floor landing area which provides access to the two rooms on this level. Ample space for bookshelves or desk. Wall mounted electric radiator. Door into:-
CLOAKROOM: (6' 6'' x 5' 4'') (1.98m x 1.62m)
close coupled wc, pedestal hand basin, cork tiled floor, wall mounted extractor.
LOFT: (14' 0'' x 13' 2'') (4.26m x 4.01m)
a very large fully boarded loft area with limited head height with lighting provides a vast storage space which is easily accessible.
DRAWING ROOM: (21' 0'' x 16' 5'') (6.40m x 5.00m)
a fine drawing room positioned at first floor level with twin wood framed sash windows to front elevation enjoying incredible views over the Marina towards the old Bristol General Hospital. Wooden flooring throughout with twin electric radiators, high ceilings and small roof void access point.
ALLOCATED PARKING SPACE:
at the end of a run of four garages there is a single parking space on a block paved driveway adjacent to three bicycle racks.
a central lawned garden is nearby and sits between nearby developments and is accessible to residents, with a selection of small trees for shade and seating.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 998 year and 360 day lease which commenced on 1 January 1984. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £198.34. There is also an Estate charge of £274.93 per annum for communal garden and visitor parking maintenance. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.