Archfield Road | Cotham
A most attractive and substantial (over 2,000 sq.ft.), 4 double bedroom (plus study) period family home enjoying a gorgeous 65ft x 19ft south facing garden, many period features and situated in a peaceful and leafy setting.
Situated on a wide uncongested road high up in Cotham allowing the convenience of access to the city centre and all central areas, whilst also being within just a few hundred metres of Cotham Gardens Park, Cotham Gardens Primary School and Cotham Secondary School. Bristol University, Whiteladies Road and Clifton Triangle are all also within easy reach. A wonderful location to enjoy and explore the city.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room, with seamless access out onto the rear garden, separate sociable kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms, a large family bathroom and separate study.
Second Floor: landing, 2 further double bedrooms and access to a generous useful loft storage space.
Outside: lawned front and rear gardens, with the rear garden offering an incredible amount of privacy and sunshine, due to the southerly orientation. Well stocked planted areas, a good sized seating area and useful pedestrian rear access lane.
Enjoyed by the current owners for over 30 years, this fine period home offers plenty of space, a sunny garden and in a highly convenient and central location.
- An attractive and substantial (over 2,000 sq.ft.), period family home
- plenty of period character and features
- Situated on a peaceful leafy road
- 4 double bedrooms (plus study)
- Gorgeous 65ft x 19ft south facing rear garden
- Handy pedsestrian rear access lane
is via steps and garden path leading through the lawned front garden up to the main front door of the house into:-
wonderful high ceilings with ornate ceiling cornicing, dado rail, original Victorian tiled floor and part glazed door leading through into the main entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 22' 3'' x 4' 10'' (6.78m x 1.47m)
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, original stripped timber staircase rising to the first floor landing, with generous understairs storage cupboard. Doors lead off the hallway to the sitting room, reception 2/family room and kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 17' 0'' max into bay x 13' 7'' max into chimney recess (5.18m x 4.14m)
a good sized sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows, period fireplace with surround, mantle and tiled hearth, telephone point and radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (rear) 15' 7'' x 11' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.75m x 3.63m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, an attractive period cast iron fireplace with surround, mantle and tiled hearth, bay to rear comprising 2 sash windows and central glazed double doors accessing the gorgeous south facing rear garden, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 26' 10'' max into kitchen recess x 10' 9'' in dining area/5'8" in kitchen (8.17m x 3.27m)
a sociable kitchen/breakfast room with a range of base and eye level kitchen units with worktop over and inset 1½ bowl sink, appliances including a double oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor fan over, fridge/freezer and dishwasher, ample space for dining table with original built in dresser, large Velux skylight window provides natural light. Radiator and part glazed door leading through into the utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: 6' 2'' x 5' 6'' (1.88m x 1.68m)
a useful utility space with a range of base and eye level units, inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, door leading through to the cloakroom/wc and further double glazed timber double doors lead out to the rear garden.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 5' 0'' x 3' 9'' (1.52m x 1.14m)
low level wc, corner sink, radiator and small window to rear.
a spacious landing with original staircase rising up to the second floor and doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, family bath/shower room/wc and large walk in airing/linen cupboard; Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 17' 0'' max into bay x 13' 9'' max into built in wardrobes (5.18m x 4.19m)
a double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising sash windows with secondary glazing, built in wardrobes, high ceilings with ceiling coving and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 3'' max into bay x 11' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.64m x 3.63m)
a lovely bright double bedroom to the south elevation at the rear with a bay comprising 4 sash windows with secondary glazing and further sash window side. The windows to rear offer a gorgeous outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens. High ceilings with ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, sink unit with storage beneath and built in display cabinet/book shelving to chimney recess, radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: 11' 0'' max into chimney recess x 9' 0'' (3.35m x 2.74m)
a white suite comprising a claw foot bath, corner shower, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, large window to rear, radiator and heated towel rail.
STUDY: 10' 2'' x 4' 5'' (3.10m x 1.35m)
a useful slim study or storage room to the front of the property with sash window and exposed stripped floorboards.
Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, a high level door accessing a useful accessible roof storage space and 2 doors accessing bedrooms 3 and 4.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 18' 7'' max into chimney recess x 13' 8'' max taken below sloped ceilings (5.66m x 4.16m)
a large double bedroom with a period fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, sash window to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) 13' 6'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 11' 0'' max (4.11m x 3.35m)
a double bedroom with exposed stripped floorboards, double glazed window to rear, radiator and attractive period fireplace.
the front of the property is elevated above the pavement level with steps leading up to a central curved pathway leading through a pretty lawned front garden to the main front door to the house.
REAR GARDEN: 65' 0'' x 19' 0'' (19.80m x 5.79m)
a sunny south facing lawned rear garden with a good sized paved seating area closest to the property, rich well stocked flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees. To the top of the garden there is a garden shed and gated access onto a pedestrian rear access lane, handy for bicycles etc. Water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.