Anglesea Place | Clifton
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,100,000 - £1,150,000 An exceptionally elegant and engaging 4/5 bedroom, 2/3 reception room grade II listed period family home situated in a lovely Clifton location, close to Durdham Downs. Further benefiting from a fabulous 31ft x 17ft through kitchen/dining room leading out onto a south westerly facing rear garden. Highly convenient and enviable location, on a neighbourly street within a short stroll of the shops, restaurants and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road. Also within just a few hundred metres of Durdham Downs and opposite the well-regarded St John's Primary School. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads into entrance hallway, elegant 17ft x 13ft drawing room with open fireplace, reception 3/occasional bedroom 5 with en suite cloakroom/wc First Floor: landing, 2 large double bedrooms (1 with en suite shower room/wc). Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3/guest suite with free standing claw foot bath and en suite wc, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc. Lower Ground Floor: a spectacular and large (31ft x 17ft) kitchen dining room creating a sociable hub of the house, leading onto a level 28ft x 17ft south westerly facing rear garden. A gorgeous period family home with a tasteful interior and lovely atmosphere, as well as a sunny rear garden.
- An elegant grade II listed period town house
- 4/5 double bedrooms
- 2/3 reception rooms
- South westerly facing rear gardenTasteful interiors & period features
- Fabulous sociable kitchen/dining room
- Flexible accommodation to suit one's requirements
- Tasteful interiors & period features
- Convenient & enviable Clifton location
- Close to The Downs & Whiteladies Road
via 2 steps up from the pavement level to the main front door accessing the house.
high ceilings with original cornicing and picture rail, inset floormat and attractive stain glassed period door leading through into the main entrance hallway.
high ceilings with ceiling coving, feature archway and a lovely original staircase ascending up through the property, stairs also descend into the lower ground floor where there is a fabulous semi open-plan kitchen/dining room. Doors lead off the main entrance hallway to the drawing room and reception 3/occasional bedroom 5.
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 0'' x 13' 1'') (5.18m x 3.98m)
a magnificent reception room with wonderful high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, feature period fireplace and south westerly facing sash window to rear, overlooking the rear garden. Exposed painted floorboards and a period style radiator.
RECEPTION ROOM/OCCASIONAL BEDROOM 5: (front) (13' 2'' x 12' 6'') (4.01m x 3.81m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, feature chimney recess and built in floating shelving to alcoves, radiator, sash window to front with working wooden shutters and door accessing the ground floor cloakroom/wc.
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, inset spotlights, extractor fan and wood flooring.
staircase continuing up to the second floor and doors leading off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (17' 0'' x 13' 4'') (5.18m x 4.06m)
an elegant principal bedroom with exceptionally high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, beautiful floor to ceiling sash window overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens, feature fireplace, built in wardrobes and door accessing en suite shower room/wc. Radiator.
En Suite Shower Room/WC:
a modern fitted shower room comprising a walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash basin, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (16' 10'' x 12' 6'') (5.13m x 3.81m)
large double bedroom to the front of the property with tall sash window and open outlook over Anglesea Place towards St John's Primary School. High ceilings with ceiling coving, an attractive period fireplace with built in book casing to chimney recess and a radiator.
a central landing with Velux skylight window over flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light, doors leading off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (16' 10'' x 13' 2'') (5.13m x 4.01m)
a double bedroom with a south westerly facing sash window to rear offering breath taking cityscape views over rooftops of Clifton with Dundry Hill in the distance. Period fireplace, wood effect flooring, radiator, free standing claw foot bath and door accessing a wc.
En Suite WC:
wc, wash hand basin and rooflight window.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (12' 8'' x 10' 6'') (3.86m x 3.20m)
a double bedroom with a period fireplace, a radiator, loft hatch and large sash window to front offering an open outlook.
a good sized family bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, bowl style sink set into a wooden counter with tiled splashbacks. Engineered oak flooring, radiator, inset spotlights, extractor fan, loft hatch and Velux skylight window.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (31' 5'' x 17' 0'') (9.57m x 5.18m)
central staircase descends into a wonderful semi open-plan through kitchen/dining room giving an expansive and sociable family space with the kitchen area to the front and the dining room/reception 2 to the rear.
a modern fitted kitchen with base level kitchen units, large central island with overhanging breakfast bar, inset sink, built in open shelving, integrated dishwasher, space for range cooker and fridge/freezer. Lovely original fireplace, wood flooring, radiator, door to front accessing the under pavement cellar space and further door accessing a recessed understairs utility area.
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer with built in shelving.
a spacious dining/family room with a lovely original fireplace, high ceilings with inset spotlights, wood flooring, large south westerly facing sash window to rear and part glazed door to rear accessing the south westerly facing level rear garden. Radiator.
REAR GARDEN: (28' 0'' x 17' 0'') (8.53m x 5.18m)
a level south westerly facing private rear garden mainly laid to lawn with well stocked flower borders containing various shrubs and trees and paved seating area closest to the property enjoying a perfect sunny spot for outdoor seating and dining.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: F
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.