Abbey Road | Westbury on Trym
An incredibly appealing and well located 3 bedroom 1930s semi-detached family home with a spectacular extended kitchen/ dining/living space, off street parking, a garage and a beautiful, sunny 105ft rear garden overlooking Canford Park.
Prime Westbury on Trym location, close to Stoke Lane shops and within circa 800 metres of Elmlea school.
The property enjoys wonderful views and an open leafy feel, due to backing onto the green open spaces of Canford Park.
Ground Floor: entrance porch flows through to an entrance hallway with parquet style flooring and useful cloakroom/wc. A bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room with sociable connection through to the impressive split-level kitchen/dining room with bi-folding doors accessing a glorious rear garden. Useful ground floor utility room with side access out to the driveway.
First Floor: landing, three bedrooms and a family bathroom/wc.
Outside: enjoying one of the best gardens we have seen locally (105ft x 30ft) with level lawned sections, various seating areas to sit and enjoy the afternoon/evening sunshine, established planting in raised flower borders, lovely leafy backdrop.
Further potential for loft conversion subject to any necessary consents.
A tastefully updated and extended 1930s family home in an enviable position with a superb rear garden.
- Tastefully extended semi-detached 3 bed 1930s family home
- Spectacular split level kitchen/dining/living space
- Elegant bay fronted sitting room
- Superb 105ft sunny rear garden overlooking Canford Park
- Off street parking PLUS garage
- Potential for loft conversion
- Wonderful green, leafy views
- Prime location close to amenities & 800m from Elmlea School
via block paved driveway leading beside a pretty front garden and up to the front door of the house.
low level meter and storage cupboards, high ceilings, slate tiled floor and original part stained glass 1930s door with stained glass side panels leading into the:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 13' 4'' x 6' 6'' (4.06m x 1.98m)
a bright and welcoming entrance hallway with original herringbone flooring and period staircase. Natural light provided by double glazed window to side elevation. Alarm control panel, plate rail, radiator, and doors leading off to a cloakroom/wc, reception 2/family room (which in turn leads through to the spectacular extended kitchen/dining space) and the:-
SITTING ROOM: 15' 3'' x 14' 4'' (4.64m x 4.37m)
a wide bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, bay window to front elevation comprising double glazed windows, exposed stripped floorboards and contemporary upright radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 13' 0'' x 11' 11'' (3.96m x 3.63m)
lovely sociable semi-open plan space connecting through the breathtaking extended kitchen/dining space with a glass balustrade acting as a separating barrier. High ceilings with ceiling coving, exposed painted floorboards. Door off to the utility room and wall opening through to the kitchen extension.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 20' 4'' x 17' 11'' (6.19m x 5.46m)
an incredible extended architecturally designed split level kitchen/dining space with an abundance of natural light and inviting views over the rear garden. The kitchen enjoys a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level units with roll edge worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit. Integrated appliances include double eye level oven, dishwasher, 5 ring gas hob and chimney extractor hood. Further appliance space and plumbing for American style fridge freezer. Wonderful high pitched roofline incorporating glazing to the rear and automatic remote control skylight windows over. Four steps lead down into the dining area which offers ample space for entertaining. It has high ceilings, contemporary upright radiator, wooden flooring and olive green aluminium bi-folding doors opening out onto the rear garden.
UTILITY ROOM: 9' 3'' x 5' 1'' (2.82m x 1.55m)
useful utility space with wall mounted Vaillant gas central heating boiler. Base and eye level units with wood block worktop over and inset Belfast style sink. Inset spotlights and double glazed door providing side access out onto the driveway.
low level wc, wash handbasin with tiled splashbacks, radiator and double glazed window to side.
high ceilings with picture rail, loft hatch providing access to generous loft storage area (offering future potential for conversion, subject to any necessary consents). Double glazed window to side elevation providing plenty of natural light through landing and stairwell. Original exposed stripped 1930s doors leading off to the three bedrooms and family bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 3'' x 12' 0'' (4.64m x 3.65m)
good sized principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows and a contemporary upright radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 1'' x 12' 1'' (3.98m x 3.68m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, radiator and large picture double glazed window providing a wonderful leafy outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens towards Canford Park behind.
BEDROOM 3: 8' 11'' x 8' 10'' (2.72m x 2.69m)
good sized child’s bedroom or home office with large double glazed window to front elevation, high ceilings and radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 10' 6'' x 8' 10'' (3.20m x 2.69m)
modern white suite comprising panelled bath with tiled splashbacks, oversized corner shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, double glazed window to rear (offering similar outlook as bedroom 2), wall mounted washbasin with curved edge drawers beneath, low level wc, heated towel rail, inset spotlights, extractor fan and ceiling mounted speakers.
FRONT GARDEN & PARKING:
attractive cobbled driveway leading up the right hand side of the property towards gated access to the rear garden and single garage. Front garden beside driveway mainly laid to slate chippings with established shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: 105' 0'' x 30' 0'' (31.98m x 9.14m)
an incredible, large level rear garden laid to lawn and rich with deep flower borders containing a wide selective of plants, shrubs and trees. It enjoys an open westerly side aspect attracting the afternoon and evening sunshine. Has the rare advantage of backing on to Canford Park giving a green and private backdrop. Generous paved seating area closest to the property and further brick paved seating area with raised railway sleeper borders. Outside tap, power points. Two garden sheds. Further decked seating area to bottom of the garden with greenhouse, wood store and useful hidden compost area. Gated access to the driveway and the:-
GARAGE: 17' 6'' x 10' 6'' (5.33m x 3.20m)
good size single garage with up and over door, light & power installed and with door to rear elevation accessing the rear garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold with the remainder of a 999 year lease from 29 September 1929. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.