Downleaze | Sneyd Park
A particularly grand and spacious, 2 double bedroom, 2 reception room, grade II listed Victorian period hall floor garden apartment, circa 1,300 sq. ft., with the distinct advantage of front and rear gardens, parking, single garage and useful lower ground floor rooms, of circa 825 sq. ft.
Light and airy with spacious principal rooms and large double bedrooms, the layout of the apartment offers great flexibility and the opportunity to further enlarge the accommodation by development of the lower ground floor rooms – subject, of course, to first obtaining the necessary planning and building consents (plans are available upon request).
High ceilings and an abundance of period features with ornate plasterwork, panelled doors and sash windows.
Set in a desirable road in the much coveted area of Sneyd Park. The apartment is a few hundred yards from Durdham Downs with 400 acres of green open recreational space and an approximate 500 metre walk to café retreat – popular for a weekend coffee.
The building underwent a full exterior refurbishment in 2018.
Accommodation: reception hall, drawing room (20’0 x 15’5”), dining room (14’5” x 12’7”), kitchen/breakfast room with integral appliances, 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom, cloakroom.
Basement Rooms: utility room, hallway leading to inner hall, room 1 (14’6” x 13’11”), room 2 (19’7” x 15’4”)
Outside: well stocked front and rear gardens, off-street parking for 1 car and detached single garage.
A wonderful hall floor garden apartment located within this handsome semi-detached period building, an abundance of period features together with mature gardens to both front and rear, off-street parking and garage plus the opportunity for further enhancement either now or further down the line.
An earliest viewing is unhesitatingly recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Grand 2 bedroom hall floor garden apartment
- Handsome GII listed Victorian building
- Light and spacious accommodation
- circa 1300sq.ft
- Wealth of period features
- Attractive front & rear gardens
- Single garage & off-street parking
- Useful lower ground floor rooms of circa 825sq.ft
- Opportunity to enhance/development lower ground floor
- Enviable, leafy location in desirable Sneyd Park
drive and pathway lead to the communal entrance hall and to the garden, garage and parking space at the rear. Upon entering the communal entrance hall the door immediately on the right hand side is the entrance for this apartment. The apartment can be accessed privately through the kitchen/breakfast room.
RECEPTION HALL: 17' 8'' x 6' 5'' (5.38m x 1.95m)
a spacious central reception hall with panelled doors and deep moulded architraves leading off to the drawing room, dining room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, family bathroom and cloakroom. High ceilings with simple moulded cornicing and inset halogen ceiling downlights. Tall moulded skirtings, engineered oak flooring, radiator with bookshelving.
DRAWING ROOM: 20' 0'' x 15' 5'' (6.09m x 4.70m)
a particularly impressive principal reception room of grand proportions with virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising six casement windows and multi-paned overlight windows, overlooking the private front garden. Central inset wood burning stove with tiled hearth and surround plus ornately carved mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the fireplace, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, tall moulded skirtings, radiator.
DINING ROOM: 14' 6'' x 12' 7'' (4.42m x 3.83m)
an additional reception room of comfortable proportions with panelled door and moulded architraves leading into the kitchen/breakfast room. Tall part multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation. Timber panelled walls to dado height, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate coved ceiling, ceiling rose with light point. Radiator with cover. Chimney breast with recesses to either side and white painted ornately carved timber mantelpiece, space for American style fridge/freezer.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 13' 5'' x 8' 8'' (4.09m x 2.64m)
a dual aspect room with double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations which overlook the garden, garage and parking space. Comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled cream coloured base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Solid wooden worktop surfaces, inset ceramic centre sink with draining board to side and flexible swan neck mixer tap over, bevelled edge splashback tiling. Integral appliances including 2 electric double ovens, 4 ring induction hob, stainless steel extractor hood with integral lighting, dishwasher and wine cooler. Space and plumbing for washer/dryer. Corner carousel and pull out larder units. Tiled flooring, breakfast bar with matching wooden worktop surface, radiator, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights. UPVC double glazed door opening externally to the side elevation with steps down to the rear garden, parking area and garage.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 0'' x 14' 4'' (4.57m x 4.37m)
a handsome bedroom with three large casement windows and overlight windows looking onto the private front garden. High ceiling with simple moulded cornicing plus ornate ceiling rose with light point. 2 large fitted wardrobes stand either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 6'' x 9' 3'' (4.42m x 2.82m)
a charming bedroom with two tall part multi-paned sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear forecourt and garden. High ceiling with simple moulded cornicing plus ornate ceiling rose with light point. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator. Chimney breast with recesses to either side (one being arched).
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 2'' x 6' 7'' (2.79m x 2.01m)
a stylish and recently appointed family bathroom. Low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with splashback, P shaped bath with shower screen and handheld shower attachment, wood effect flooring, partially tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, two wall light points, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, extractor fan, inset ceiling spotlights.
CLOAKROOM: 6' 6'' x 3' 2'' (1.98m x 0.96m)
once the former private entrance for the building. Entranced from the reception hall by a wide part stained glass door with matching side panels and having fanlight windows above. A range of windows to the side elevation, radiator, coat hooks, ceiling light point.
Accessed underneath the kitchen to the rear of the property. They are mostly approx 6ft/1.83m in height.
UTILITY ROOM 13' 3'' x 8' 4'' (4.04m x 2.54m)
wall mounted gas fired combination boiler, range of base units with double stainless steel sink, casement window to the rear elevation.
HALLWAY: 13' 9'' x 5' 4'' (4.19m x 1.62m)
INNER HALLWAY: 18' 0'' x 5' 10'' (5.48m x 1.78m)
doors open out to the basement rooms 1 and 2.
Room 1 (left hand side) 14' 7'' x 14' 1'' (4.44m x 4.29m)
casement window to the front elevation.
Room 2 16' 6'' x 15' 4'' (5.03m x 4.67m)
casement window to the front elevation.
FRONT GARDEN: 29' 0'' x 25' 0'' (8.83m x 7.61m)
level lawned garden with incredibly well stocked borders and offering valuable privacy to the drawing room and principal bedroom.
REAR FORECOURT & GARDEN:
forecourt including the off-street parking, rear driveway, garage and lawned garden measuring approx 46ft x 40ft (14.02m x 12.19m) enjoying a good amount of privacy having been carefully designed with great flair and imagination, divided into sections by strip wood fencing and yet still maintaining an open feel. Well stocked by an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and specimen trees. Flinted chipped sections as well as a level lawn with vegetable garden surround, apple tree and climbing plants. Outside water tap.
GARAGE: 20' 3'' x 9' 4'' (6.17m x 2.84m)
with door opening width of approx 7’5”/2.26m up and over door, light and power connected.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 31 December 1973. There is an annual ground rent payable of £1 p.a.. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars that there is not a monthly service charge. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.