Windsor Road | St Andrews
An inviting, spacious and tastefully renovated 5 double bedroom (plus 2 studies) Victorian semi-detached family home situated close to St Andrews Park. Further benefiting from off road parking and an enviable large (26ft x 22ft) kitchen/ dining space with bi-folding doors accessing a 42ft level rear garden.
Sympathetically renovated by the current owners over the last 12 years, this much loved family home has a high specification including underfloor heating, double glazed sash windows and solar panels, whilst retaining much of the original Victorian character and features.
Situated on a popular, peaceful and neighbourly side street close to St Andrew’s Park and within a short stroll of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Bus connections and local Montpelier train station are also nearby as is access to all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a wide welcoming central entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room with wood burning stove, spectacular 26ft x 22ft extended kitchen/dining/living space with bi-folding doors, bespoke fitted kitchen and adjoining utility room and bike store/workshop. Ground floor cloakroom/wc and cloaks cupboard.
First Floor: landing, principal bedroom with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 5, study and family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: superb loft conversion with a generous landing and lovely cityscape views, 2 further double bedrooms, shower room/wc and a store room.
Outside: off street parking and front garden with handy gated side access through to a 42ft x 26ft level lawned rear garden.
An engaging and well-proportioned family home in a sought after road.
- A tastefully renovated 5 Victorian semi-detached home
- High-spec finish with plenty of period features & character
- Enviable large kitchen/dining space
- Level 42ft rear garden with side access
- 5 bedrooms plus 2 studies
- 2 bathrooms plus an ensuite
- Off street parking
- Desirable location close to St Andrews Park
- Peaceful street yet close to Gloucester Road amenities
- Double glazed sash windows.
via block paved driveway with front garden beside providing off road parking for a small city car. The driveway leads up to the main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 7' 10'' x 4' 7'' (2.39m x 1.40m)
wonderful high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, original Victorian tessellated tiled floor and part stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over lead through into the main entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 14' 0'' x 7' 9'' (4.26m x 2.36m)
a welcoming entrance hallway with an original Victorian staircase sweeping up to the first floor landing, exposed stripped floorboards with system fed underfloor heating, understairs storage cupboard and cloakroom/wc. Further doors lead off to the sitting room, extended kitchen/dining/living room and recessed cloaks/boot cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: 18' 2'' x 13' 11'' (5.53m x 4.24m)
a light and airy bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, feature fireplace with wood burning stove, period marble surround and slate hearth, built in cabinets and book shelving to chimney recesses, 4 double glazed sash windows to front, exposed stripped floorboards with under floor heating.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: 26' 6'' x 22' 1'' (8.07m x 6.73m)
an impressive large sociable extended kitchen with a bespoke hand painted kitchen with white marble worktop over, inset 1½ bowl sink, feature chimney recess with space for range cooker and inset extractor fan, integrated appliances include a tall fridge and dishwasher. Open shelving, double doors accessing a larder cupboard, large central island with overhanging breakfast bar providing seating. To the dining and seating area there is a wood burning stove with glass hearth, plenty of natural light provided by the high level windows and feature bay window to the side, as well as Velux skylight windows and 4 bi-folding doors providing seamless access out onto the rear garden. Wide double doors access a recessed storage cupboard and housing the Vaillant gas boiler. Further door leads through to the utility room. which in turn leads through to the bike store/workshop.
UTILITY ROOM: 7' 10'' x 5' 5'' (2.39m x 1.65m)
woodblock worktops with inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and freezer, built in storage cupboards, open shelving, underfloor heating, double glazed window to side and door accessing bike store/workshop.
BIKE STORE/WORKSHOP: 9' 0'' x 7' 11'' (2.74m x 2.41m)
an incredibly practical space for bicycles, camping equipment etc with double glazed window to side, underfloor heating and door to side providing an independent access from the rear garden.
low level wc with concealed cistern, a bowl sink set into a wash stand with tiled splashback, double glazed timber framed window to side, exposed stripped floorboards with underfloor heating and an extractor fan.
staircase continues up to the second floor landing, large stained glass sash window provides plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, period style radiator and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 5, family bathroom/wc and first floor study.
BEDROOM 1: 18' 2'' x 12' 6'' (5.53m x 3.81m)
a large principal double bedroom with high ceilings, bay window to front comprising double glazed sash windows, period cast iron fireplace, built in wardrobes to chimney recesses, 2 period style cast iron radiators and folding doors accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 12' 0'' x 2' 10'' (3.65m x 0.86m)
a white suite comprising shower with ceiling mounted shower head, low level wc with concealed cistern and feature alcove shelving over, floating wash basin with stone tiled splashback, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 11'' x 12' 6'' (4.24m x 3.81m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, cast iron period fireplace with original tiled hearth, double glazed sash window to rear and a period style cast iron radiator.
FAMILLY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 1'' x 8' 0'' (2.77m x 2.44m)
a good sized family bathroom with a white suite comprising a roll topped claw foot bath with wall mounted central mixer taps, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled floor, inset spotlights, part tiled walls and double glazed sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 3: 9' 9'' x 9' 8'' (2.97m x 2.94m)
high ceilings, 2 double glazed sash windows to front and a period style radiator.
STUDY: 6' 2'' x 5' 7'' (1.88m x 1.70m)
a handy hideaway study with a double glazed sash window to side, high ceilings and a radiator.
generous landing providing a lovely bright play area for children or study space with a sash window to side providing a breath-taking cityscape view over rooftops of St Andrews, Bishopston and Redland. Doors lead off the landing to bedroom 5, bedroom 4, shower room/wc and a further study/store room/occasional bedroom 6.
BEDROOM 5: 12' 3'' x 11' 5'' (3.73m x 3.48m)
a double bedroom with double glazed sash windows to rear, high ceilings and a period style radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 2'' x 10' 8'' (3.71m x 3.25m)
a double bedroom with 2 large Velux skylight windows to front providing lovely rooftop views over the surrounding area. Feature exposed roof beams and a period style radiator.
useful additional space with skylight window to side.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 8' 6'' x 4' 1'' (2.59m x 1.24m)
a white suite comprising a walk in shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, Velux skylight window, inset spotlights, extractor fan, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the front of the property has the benefit of a block paved driveway providing off road parking for a small city car with a curved edged flower border beside containing various shrubs, framed with a Victorian brick boundary wall. The driveway leads up to the main front door to the property and a handy gated side access pathway through to the rear garden with low level lighting.
REAR GARDEN: 42' 0'' x 26' 0'' (12.79m x 7.92m)
a landscaped level rear garden with generous paved seating area closest to the kitchen/dining space with Corten rusted steel patio lights and LED down lights, level lawned section with attractive brick boundary walls. There are raised vegetable planters, handy gated side access to the front, an outside tap and a door accessing the bike store/workshop.
IMPORTANT REMARKS VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.
ESTATE AGENTS ACT NOTICE:
in accordance with the Estate Agents Act we are required to inform you that this property is owned by a relative of a member of our staff at Richard Harding Estate Agents.