Unity Street, City Centre
A stylish and contemporary 3 double bedroom, 2 'bathroom' duplex apartment in an impressive Victorian conversion, providing circa 1,200 sq. ft. of well-appointed and tastefully finished accommodation over 2 levels and with secure underground parking. Originally built in the mid Victorian period and formerly known as the Merchant Venturers College, it was built on the site of a Medieval Priory. Converted in 2006 to a high specification, this historic building provides for city centre living at its best - impressive high vaulted communal areas lead to light and spacious rooms with 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and lift service to the upper levels. Located just off Park Street, next to College Green, in an exceptionally convenient location in the heart of the city centre and yet tucked away in a delightful period enclave. Gothic style Victorian conversion. 3 double bedrooms. Accommodation: entrance hall, sitting room & kitchen/dining room, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 3 with en-suite shower room/wc. Outside: secure underground parking for one vehicle, communal garden.
- Stylish and contemporary duplex apartment
- 3 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Floor area Circa 1,200 sq. ft.
- Secured underground parking and bike store
- Internal communal Garden
- Attractive and well maintained vaulted common areas
via one of two communal entrances with telecom entry system and number coded doors. Attractive high vaulted communal areas with exposed brick & pointed archways and lift access to all levels. Private entrance on the hall floor level leads to:-
central hallway providing access to sitting room, bedroom, bathroom. Two doors on opposing walls provide two spacious storage cupboards. Wooden flooring which continues throughout the greater part of the ground floor, intercom entry phone, turning staircase to first floor landing, door into:-
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/LIVING AREA: (24' 7'' x 21' 8'') (7.49m x 6.60m)
described separately as follows:
two pairs of full height wood framed double-glazed sash windows to front elevation overlooking Unity Street below with electric panel radiators below. High vaulted ceiling in the sitting area with integrated wooden shelving to above head height for library area. The sitting room is overlooked by the mezzanine level with the bedrooms above. The ceiling lowers, and is open plan with:-
open plan with adjacent sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with a mixture of stainless steel wooden and granite work surfaces. Kitchen counters situated on the outer walls with metro style tiling along one wall with exposed brick along another. Integrated stainless steel sink, space for five-ring electric range cooker with extractor hood and lighting over. Space for fridge/freezer, integrated bin store and integrated dishwasher. Central island with granite work surface provides further under-counter storage and doubles as a breakfast bar (the island unit also has two electrical outlets).
BEDROOM 3: (11' 5'' x 7' 7'') (3.48m x 2.31m)
conveniently located on the ground floor with internal window to sitting room.
accessed from the entrance hallway with fully tiled floor and underfloor heating with controls outside the room. Shower cubicle with mixer shower and alcove into fully tiled enclosure. Tiled walls continue out of the enclosure with wall hung square handbasin with mixer tap, close coupled wc with concealed cistern, fixed wall mirror, shelving on opposing wall with heated towel rail, cupboard housing plumbing and central shelf for two stacked utility appliances (washing machine/dryer etc, extractor fan.
spacious landing area with doors to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc and large double door Airing Cupboard housing electric consumer unit, hot water cylinder and wooden slatted shelving.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 5'' x 12' 3'') (4.09m x 3.73m)
internal sliding mezzanine window with view down to the sitting room and Unity Street below. Built-in wardrobes along one wall, electric panel radiator, door into:-
shower cubicle with mixer shower and alcove into tiled enclosure which extends outside of the shower area through the greater proportion of the bathroom, wall hung square edged hand basin, close coupled wc with concealed cistern, recessed shelving area, double ended bath with mixer tap and shower attachment and further alcove. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating system with controls outside the bathroom, heated towel rail and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 6'' x 12' 2'') (4.11m x 3.71m)
internal sliding mezzanine window overlooking sitting room and Unity Street below with radiator below the window. Wood effect laminate flooring.
the property benefits from one parking space in a secure car park beneath the building which operates a stacker system, numbered 12. Further to this the property is situated within the central parking zone.
the building has a small communal garden which has been recently refurbished and is situated within the interior of the building.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 October 2005. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £320.80. There is also £250 ground rent payable per annum (capped at this level until 2030 and paid 6 months in advance). The Management Company is Hillcrest Estate Management. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.