Trelawney Road, Cotham
A handsome and exceptionally well-presented 4/5 bedroom, 3 bath/shower room Edwardian semi-detached home situated on a sought after and highly convenient road on the Cotham and Redland borders. Further benefiting from lovely cityscape views, landscaped gardens and a built in bicycle storage shed. Full of original character, this stylish and well-appointed home has a pleasing blend of modern interior coupled with high ceilings, many original fireplaces and period architectural features. Superb location within a short stroll of Cotham Hill, Whiteladies Road and St Michaels Hill, of all which have shops, cafes and restaurants. Cotham Gardens Primary School and Cotham School are both within just 300 metres. Bristol Grammar School and QEH are also nearby as are Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and all central areas. Over 2,000 sq.ft. of accommodation. Ground Floor: vestibule leads through into an entrance hallway with original tessellated tiled floor and generous understairs recess, wonderful bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/play room with direct access out onto the side section of garden, superb sociable family sized kitchen/dining room with double doors connecting through to the rear garden. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with access out onto a balcony, door connects through to dressing room/occasional bedroom 5, bedroom 2, tasteful and sizeable family bathroom/shower/wc and separate shower room. Second Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms and shower room/wc. An engaging Edwardian family home in a superb location to explore the city.
- Full of original original Edwardian fireplaces and architectural features
- 4/5 bedrooms and 2 reception rooms
- Over 2000 sq.ft. of accommodation
- Large Sociable kitchen dining room
- Wonderful location on the Redland and Cotham borders
- Landscaped gardens
- 3 bath/shower rooms
via a landscaped front garden with gradual steps rising up towards the main front door of the house into:
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 4'' x 4' 10'' (1.62m x 1.47m))
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, original tessellated tiled flooring and wonderful part stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over leading through into:
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (20' 1'' x 7' 5'' max into understairs recess (6.12m x 2.26m))
a rather grand entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and staircase rising to first floor landing with generous understairs recess, original tessellated tiled floor, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating and doors leading off the hallway into the sitting room, reception 2/playroom and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 19' 1'' max into bay x 12' 10'' max into chimney recess (5.81m x 3.91m))
high ceilings with original ceiling coving and picture rail, impressive period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, tiled hearth and high level mantle with built in mirror, wide box bay to front comprising double glazed sliding sash style windows overlooking front and side gardens, exposed stripped floorboards and radiator.
RECEPTION 2/PLAYROOM: (10' 9'' x 9' 9'' (3.27m x 2.97m))
a useful second reception room currently used as a children’s playroom with high ceilings, inset spotlights, recessed storage cupboards, radiator and a double glazed door to side accessing the gardens.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (18' 7'' x 16' 3'' (5.66m x 4.95m))
a fabulous sociable kitchen/dining space with dual aspect windows to rear and side flooding the space with natural light, central double glazed French doors with period stained glass panel over overlooking the rear. A modern fitted kitchen comprises base and eye level cream coloured units with granite worktops over, integrated appliances including fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer, space for a large range cooker with built in chimney hood over, central island with ample storage and built in 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, space for dining room table and chairs, high ceilings with original cornicing, impressive period fireplace with ornate wood surround and mirror over, wood flooring and period style radiators.
a spacious landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 5/study, fabulous family bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) 18' 10'' x 13' 1'' max into chimney recess (5.74m x 3.98m))
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, an attractive period cast iron fireplace and wide box bay to front with built in plantation shutters and double glazed sliding sash style windows offering a lovely cityscape view over rooftops of surrounding buildings towards Redland and Clifton. A door to side accesses a balcony and further door connects through to bedroom 5/study (currently used as a dressing room).
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) 11' 4'' x 10' 7'' max into chimney recess (3.45m x 3.22m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, double glazed sliding sash style window to rear, radiator and period style cast iron fireplace.
BEDROOM 5/STUDY: (11' 5'' x 9' 9'' max into built in wardrobes (3.48m x 2.97m))
currently arranged as a dressing room, but equally could work as a study or fifth bedroom with high ceilings, built in wardrobes, radiator and sliding sash double glazed window to side.
SHOWER ROOM: (6' 1'' x 5' 4'' (1.85m x 1.62m))
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights and period stained glass window to front.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (15' 0'' x 7' 6'' (4.57m x 2.28m))
a magnificent large family bathroom with free standing oval shaped double ended bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, large walk in shower with dual headed system fed shower, two sinks built into a marble counter with floating drawers beneath, contemporary upright radiator, low level wc, double glazed sliding sash style windows to rear with plantation shutters, further window to side, tiled floor, part tiled walls and extractor fan.
plenty of natural light provided by the Velux skylight window over, inset spotlights and doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and shower room/wc.
bedroom 3: ((rear) 19' 6'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 10' 0'' (5.94m x 3.05m))
a double bedroom with Velux balcony to rear, low level hatches accessing eaves storage space and dormer window to side comprising double glazed panels offering a tremendous cityscape view over rooftops of surrounding area, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) 16' 6'' x 8' 7'' max taken below sloped ceilings (5.03m x 2.61m))
a double bedroom with sliding double glazed sash style windows to front offering a breath-taking cityscape view over Clifton and Redland, radiator, low level doors accessing eaves storage space, low level wall opening accessing a children’s play area or additional storage space.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (8' 3'' x 6' 1'' (2.51m x 1.85m))
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled walls and floor, chrome effect heated towel rail, Velux skylight window, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
The property enjoys landscaped front, side and rear gardens which have been carefully designed by the current owners to provide ample outside space.
Side: ((approx 50' 0'' length x 15' 0'' narrowing as you approach the rear (15.23m x 4.57m))
an elevated side garden mainly laid to lawn with 3 steps leading up to a paved seating area with railway sleeper raised borders, outdoor power sockets, tap and wall mounted outdoor heater. Beside the lawned sections there are curved edged flower borders with a built in bench seat enjoying much of the afternoon/early evening sun. From the paved seating area a pathway continues round to the rear of the garden where there is further paving, a floating bench seat, outdoor lighting, flower borders containing various ferns and a palm tree. Steps lead up from the rear courtyard to a raised terrace where there is a glass balustrade surrounding, a further patio seating area with artificial grass section to the side.
there is a secure built in bike storage shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.