St Johns Road, Clifton
An inviting, well-proportioned and rather impressive 3 bedroom apartment enjoying its own private entrance, a beautiful 42ft x 35ft private rear garden and many original features.
Located on a desirable tree-lined road within a short gentle stroll of the shops, cafés, bus connections and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road, whilst also being convenient for Clifton Down train station, Clifton Village and other central areas.
Accommodation: own private original main entrance with entrance vestibule flowing through to a lovely central entrance hallway with original flooring and high ceilings, spectacular 22ft x 15ft bay fronted sitting room, 18ft x 12ft separate kitchen/breakfast room, principal double bedroom with direct access out onto the rear garden, bedroom 3, study, bathroom/wc and staircase leading to a lower ground floor, where there is a further double bedroom with adjoining dressing area and access out to the rear garden.
High ceilings, tall sash windows and plenty of natural light give this impressing hall floor maisonette a real sense of space.
An exceptional apartment with an established and tranquil garden in a lovely Clifton location.
- A well-proportioned 3 bedroom hall floor garden maisonette
- 1567 sq ft
- 3 bedrooms plus study
- Beautiful private level rear garden
- Many original period features
- High ceilings
- Located on a desirable tree-lined road
via pathway leading beside communal front garden and up the left hand side of the building where the apartment has the rare benefit of its own private entrance.
ENTRANCE VESITBULE: (6' 7'' x 4' 1'' (2.01m x 1.24m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving, meter cupboard housing fuse box and electricity meters, built in coat hooks and shelf, floor mat and a wonderful original part stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over leading through into the central main entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (12' 0'' x 6' 8'' (3.65m x 2.03m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, original flooring, door opening leading through into an inner hallway, which in turn has doors off to the kitchen/breakfast room, bedroom 1 and bathroom/wc. Further doors lead off the main entrance hall into the sitting room and home office, which in turn has a door accessing a staircase down to the lower ground floor accommodation.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 22' 8'' max into bay x 15' 3'' max into chimney recess (6.90m x 4.64m))
an impressive and elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, central ceiling rose and picture rail, large bay window to front comprising 3 sash windows with secondary glazing, feature brick chimney recess with original marble surround and mantle, radiators, built in tv cabinet and open shelving to chimney recess.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((rear) 18' 10'' x 12' 10'' max into chimney recess (5.74m x 3.91m))
a large sociable kitchen/dining room with a range of base and eye level kitchen units with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset stainless steel 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dishwasher and cooker with built in Neff stainless steel chimney hood over, tiled flooring, high ceilings with picture rail, large sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden, ample space for dining table and chairs, impressive feature period fire surround and mantle, built in open shelving and door accessing bedroom 3, which in turn has access through to the rear garden.
BEDROOM 1: ((rear) 15' 1'' max into chimney recess x 13' 0'' (4.59m x 3.96m))
a lovely large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, central ceiling rose and picture rail, corner built in single wardrobe, radiator, impressive tall sash window to rear with part glazed door beside providing a seamless access out onto the rear garden.
BEDROOM 3 (12' 5'' x 6' 11'' (3.78m x 2.11m))
a single bedroom or home office with radiator, double glazed windows to rear and part double glazed door providing an access out onto the rear garden.
BATHROOM/WC: (10' 3'' x 5' 10'' (3.12m x 1.78m))
a white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, wc, wash hand basin set into a counter with storage cupboard beneath, double glazed window to side, inset spotlights, extractor fan and corner Airing/Boiler Cupboard housing Viessmann gas central heating boiler with built in slatted shelving beneath.
STUDY: (13' 9'' x 7' 6'' max reducing to 4'9" (4.19m x 2.28m/1.45m))
a useful study space with borrowed light provided by the ceiling glazed panel and stained glass window to front, radiator and door leading down to the lower ground floor landing.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a landing/dressing area (12’6” max x 4’10” max) (3.81m x 1.47m) a very useful storage/dressing area with wall opening connecting into bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 2: (17' 8'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (5.38m x 3.81m))
a good sized double bedroom with feature ceiling beams, impressing tall fire surround and mantle, built in wardrobe and open shelving, door accessing recessed cellar storage cupboard and part glazed door with windows beside and over accessing stone steps leading up to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 42' 0'' x 35' 0'' max (12.79m x 10.66m))
the property has a wonderful established private level rear garden mainly laid to lawn with seating area closest to the property and well stocked curved edge flower border containing various plants, shrubs and Japanese Maple tree. There is a garden shed, further seating area at the bottom corner of the garden and attractive stone and fenced boundary walls. There is handy gated side access through to the front of the property providing an additional part covered storage space handy for bicycles, garden equipment etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 19 December 1978. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £60. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.