St. Albans Road, Westbury Park
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £800,000 - £835,000
A very large 5 bedroom, 2 bath/shower 1920's family home with front and rear gardens and the very rare benefit of driveway parking and a detached garage.
Set in a popular side road within 300m of Westbury Primary School and 800m of Redland Green School - close to a host of amenities on Coldharbour Road and North View including butchers, fishmongers, Waitrose, Orpheus cinema and popular local pubs/eateries of Little French, Westbury Tavern and the Cambridge Arms.
A couple of hundred yards to the green open space of Redland Green with children’s play area, bowling club and tennis club. The Durdham Downs, with over 400 acres of recreational space, is only a little further.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway with downstairs wc, bay fronted sitting room, spacious kitchen/dining room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, shower room/wc.
Outside: front garden, off street parking area, detached single garage, rear garden.
- 1920s family house
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Generous sitting room
- Open plan kitchen dining room
- Driveway parking
- Detached garage
- Front and rear gardens
- c. 800m to Redland Green School
- c. 300m to Westbury Park Primary School
pathway leads to attractive storm porch with painted wooden pillars to either side and composite entrance door opening into:-
double glazed window to the side elevation with matched stained glass inserts, ceiling mouldings and attractive double doors with stained glass inserts and overlights opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 13' 10'' x 6' 5'' overall inclusive of stairwell (4.21m x 1.95m)
doors open to the sitting room and kitchen/dining room, radiator, ceiling mouldings, recessed spotlights, stairs with attractive arts and craft handrail and balustrade rising to the first floor, useful understairs storage cupboard, engineered oak flooring.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, casement window to the side elevation, heated towel rail.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 2'' max into bay x 15' 2'' into chimney recess (4.92m x 4.62m)
a very large sitting room, high ceilings, ceiling mouldings, impressive bay window to the front elevation with wooden casement windows with original stained glass overlights and modern plantation shutters, picture rail, recessed fire with slate hearth and wood burning stove, continuation of engineered oak flooring, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 22' 1'' max width x 14' 4'' max into bay (6.73m x 4.37m)
measured as one, but described separately as follows:-
bay window to the rear elevation comprising five wooden casement windows (it is noted that it is rare to see a bay window to the rear elevation as well as the front), ceiling mouldings, recessed spotlights, continuation of engineered oak flooring, radiator, attractive original cabinetry to either side of the chimney breast.
fitted with a range of kitchen units with Hi-Macs composite working surface, 1½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap, 5 ring electric induction hob with extractor hood above, waist level double Neff slide and hide door, integrated dishwasher and integrated fridge/freezer. Double glazed window to rear elevation and glazed door to side elevation. Recessed spotlights, continuation of engineered oak flooring.
LANDING: 8' 9'' x 8' 2'' (2.66m x 2.49m)
double glazed window to the side elevation matching the original stained glass windows elsewhere. Doors lead off to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 and bathroom. Original doors and handles add to the character, ceiling mouldings, recessed spotlights. Stairs rise to the top floor. (Note how the staircase, balustrade and handrail has been matched to tie in with the original features of the house).
BEDROOM 1: (front) 16' 7'' max into bay x 13' 7'' into chimney recess (5.05m x 4.14m)
a lovely big main bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling mouldings, picture rail, large bay window to front elevation with wooden casement windows and stained glass leaded lights above and plantation shutters, attractive painted wooden fireplace with period tiled hearth, original fitted wardrobe to the right hand side of the chimney breast, recessed spotlights, radiator, engineered oak wooden flooring.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 14' 9'' max into bay x 13' 7'' max into chimney recess (4.49m x 4.14m)
bay window to rear elevation with wooden casement windows, high ceilings, ceiling mouldings, recessed spotlights, picture rail, painted wooden period fireplace with coloured tiled hearth, fitted original wooden wardrobe to the left hand side of the chimney breast, engineered oak flooring.
BEDROOM 5:: (front) 8' 9'' x 8' 2'' (2.66m x 2.49m)
casement window with leaded overlights to the front elevation, recessed spotlights, engineered oak flooring, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 8' 5'' x 8' 1'' (2.56m x 2.46m)
a generous family bathroom with large bath and overhead shower, shower screen, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, partially tiled walls and tiled floor, heated towel rail, opaque double glazed windows to rear elevation, handy Utility Cupboard with space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and wall mounted gas combination boiler.
double glazed window to side elevation, recessed spotlights, doors off to bedrooms 4 & 5 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 20' 9'' x 9' 6'' measured to a sloping ceiling height of 2'7" (6.32m x 2.89m)
two double glazed skylights, access to eaves storage, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 12' 7'' x 11' 4'' (3.83m x 3.45m)
double glazed window to rear elevation, recessed spotlights, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 8' 3'' x 6' 8'' (2.51m x 2.03m)
opaque double glazed window to rear elevation, recessed spotlights, engineered oak flooring, fully tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail.
mainly laid to lawn with shrub and flower borders, low boundary wall with cast iron railings and gate. Secure gated access from the front to rear garden.
OFF STREET PARKING:
driveway off street parking, leading to:-
DETACHED GARAGE: internal measurements 17' 4'' length x 9' 1'' width(5.28m x 2.77m)
detached garage with pitch tiled roof and attractive timber side by side doors with a door opening width of 7’9”/2.26m, light and power.
laid with lawn, seating area towards the bottom of the garden with brick and timber boundary walls, log store, raised beds.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.