Somerset Street, Kingsdown
An historic and characterful 5 bedroom, 2 reception room grade II listed period family home enjoying magnificent city views, a 50ft south easterly facing rear garden and an abundance of original character and features. Located in the heart of Kingsdown on the popular cobbled Somerset Street, a perfect location to explore the city and convenient for the city centre, Gloucester Road, Bristol university, Park Street and the harbourside. Excellent schools within ½ mile include Cotham Gardens Primary School, Cotham Secondary School and Bristol Grammar School. Versatile and roomy accommodation arranged over 4 floors including 5 bedrooms (4 doubles and a single, one of which has an en suite), 2 elegant ground floor reception rooms, 1 of which has an adjoining shower room and the lower ground floor has a fabulous sociable kitchen/dining space accessing the rear garden, a separate utility room and cloakroom/wc. Breath taking panoramic cityscape views and a wonderful private walled 50ft garden give this charming home a sense of space and light. A fine period home offering one potential to cosmetically update to suit individual tastes and requirements.
- A handsome grade 2 listed character home
- 5 bedrooms and 2 reception rooms
- 50 ft south easterly facing garden
- Fabulous views over Bristol
- Many original features
- Exciting scope for cosmetic updating
via a short pathway leading to the main front door to the house into the:
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, feature archway, radiator and a lovely period staircase ascending to the first floor and descending to the lower ground floor. Doors lead off to the sitting room and reception 2/home office.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) 18' 1'' max into chimney recess x 16' 1'' max into bay (5.51m x 4.90m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and bay to rear enjoying a fabulous view over the city. There are original exposed stripped floorboards, radiators and a door accessing a ground floor shower room/wc.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 8' 1'' x 6' 7'' (2.46m x 2.01m)
a corner shower area, low level wc, wash hand basin with built in storage, chrome effect heated towel rail and an extractor fan.
RECEPTION 2/HOME OFFICE: 14' 8'' max into chimney recess x 12' 7'' (4.47m x 3.83m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, sash window to front with working wooden shutters, chimney breast with period fire surround and a radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a generous recess under the stairs, door accessing a kitchen/dining room and further door accessing an inner hallway, which in turn accesses a utility room and cloakroom/wc.
UTILITY ROOM: 14' 5'' max into chimney recess x 12' 8'' (4.39m x 3.86m)
a wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler, window to front, original fire surround, sink with base unit beneath and plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer.
low level wc, wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 21' 3'' max into kitchen area x 18' 3'' (6.47m x 5.56m)
large sociable kitchen/dining space with a range of fitted kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, stainless steel double oven, 4 ring gas hob, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and fridge, an attractive period style fireplace, ample space for dining and seating furniture, bay window to rear with 3 sash windows overlooking the rear garden and part glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden.
a staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 18' 1'' max into chimney recess x 17' 3'' max into bay (5.51m x 5.25m)
an impressive principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, wide bay to rear enjoying magnificent far reaching cityscape views across Bristol towards the Bath and Dundry hills in the distance. Tiled fireplace with wooden surround, radiators and a door accessing an en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 8' 2'' x 6' 5'' (2.49m x 1.95m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 18' 9'' max into chimney recess x 12' 9'' (5.71m x 3.88m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, 2 sash windows to front with working wooden shutters and a radiator.
plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell provided by the roof light panels, doors lead off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, a further bathroom and a separate cloakroom/wc.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 18' 9'' x 15' 0'' (5.71m x 4.57m)
a good sized double bedroom with window to rear offering a breath taking panoramic view over the city. Radiator and high level window providing an access point onto the roof space.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 12' 8'' max into chimney recess x 10' 2'' (3.86m x 3.10m)
a double bedroom with built in wardrobe and further built in storage cupboard, radiator and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 5: 13' 7'' x 7' 9'' (4.14m x 2.36m)
a sash window to front, built in bookcase and a radiator.
a panelled bath, pedestal wash basin and high level window.
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashback and a small roof light window.
REAR GARDEN: approx 50' 0'' x 19' 0'' (15.23m x 5.79m)
a walled south easterly facing rear garden offering a private sunny and enclosed outside space mainly laid to paving on 2 terraces with various flower borders containing shrubs and trees.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.