Queen Victoria Road, Westbury Park
A stylish and beautifully presented Victorian period home, situated on desirable cul-de-sac, close to Durdham Downs. Further benefitting from extended ground floor accommodation with bi-fold doors accessing a 28’0 x 16’0 landscaped rear garden, as well as 2 good-sized double bedrooms, a bay-fronted sitting room and much more.
A peaceful landscaped rear garden with well-stocked flower boarders, an insulated summer-house and seating areas. The front courtyard garden has space for a shed/bike store if required.
Location: Situated in a neighbourly cul-de-sac, high up in Westbury Park on the doorstep of the Downs, within a short level stroll of Westbury Park School, Waitrose supermarket and the independent shops, cafes and eateries of North View and Coldharbour Road. Redland Green Secondary School is also within 900 metres and bus connections to all central areas.
Accommodation: entrance vestibule leads through into an entrance hallway with understairs storage, a bay-fronted sitting room, a beautiful kitchen/breakfast room with sociable connection through into dining room with bi-folding doors accessing the rear garden.
First Floor: study landing, 2 double bedrooms and a good-sized bathroom.
A charming and exceptionally well-appointed period home in a highly convenient and desirable location.
- A beautifully presented Victorian period home
- Situated on desirable cul-de-sac close to Durdham Downs
- Exquisite level rear garden with summer house/studio
- 2 double bedrooms
- Wonderful extended kitchen dining space
- Many period features and a stylish interior
- Excellent schools nearby
via a pathway leading beside a level landscaped front garden up to the main front to the house, into the:-
high ceilings with ceiling coving, tiled walls to dado height, oak flooring with inset floormat and a part glazed door leading through into the:-
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, oak flooring, period-style radiator, understairs utility cupboard with appliance space for tumble dryer, coat hooks and further storage space, dado rail and doors leading off to the sitting room, kitchen/ breakfast room and dining room/ reception room 2:-
SITTING ROOM: (15' 7'' x 12' 4'' (4.75m x 3.76m))
elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, an attractive period-style fireplace with tiled hearth, built-in cabinets and floating shelving to chimney recesses, oak flooring, period-style cast iron radiator and bay window to front comprising double glazed sliding sash-style windows.
The kitchen breakfast room flows through to a large, sociable dining space. Measured as one, but described in 2 sections as follows:
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM (23' 6'' x 15' 9'' (7.16m x 4.80m))
Stylish, well-appointed kitchen/breakfast room with modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with marble worktops over and integrated appliances including dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, wine fridge and inset Belfast-style sink. There is further appliance space for a large range cooker, set into the chimney breast with tiled splash backs and mantle over, space for breakfast table and chairs, period-style radiator, oak flooring and wide wall opening with one step down into:-
a good-sized dining room with slate flooring and under floor heating, large glazed rooflight panel providing plenty of natural light through the dining room and kitchen. 4 bi-folding timber framed doors to rear, provide a seamless connection and lovely outlook onto rear garden, built-in cabinets spanning the length of one wall house gas boiler and provide excellent storage space. A period exposed stripped door leads back into the entrance hallway.
LANDING: (5' 3'' x 5' 8'' (1.60m x 1.73m))
a good-sized landing, space for desk, and natural light provided by the Velux skylight window over. There are doors off to 2 good-sized double bedrooms and a large bathroom and a loft hatch.
BEDROOM 1: (12' 9'' x 12' 5'' (3.88m x 3.78m))
a peaceful, good-sized double bedroom with high ceilings, 2 sliding double glazed sash-style windows to front, a period-style cast iron fireplace, built-in wardrobe, period-style radiator, door accessing ensuite shower room/wc.
White suite comprising a shower enclosure with system-fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall-mounted washbasin with tiled splashbacks, chrome heated towel rail, inset spotlights and Velux skylight window providing natural light.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 0'' x 10' 4'' (3.96m x 3.15m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, period-style cast iron fireplace, period-style radiator, sliding double-glazed sash window to rear and a loft hatch.
BATHROOM/WC: (9' 10'' x 7' 10'' (2.99m x 2.39m))
a white suite comprising an impressive floor standing double-ended bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, a low level wc, wash handbasin set into a marble counter with storage cabinet beneath. Period-style cast iron fireplace with wood surround and mantle, oak flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, sliding double-glazed sash style window to rear and a loft hatch.
low maintenance level front garden, mainly laid to slate tiles with Victorian tiled pathway beside, leading to the front door and low level boundary walls.
REAR GARDEN: (28' 0'' x 16' 0'' (8.53m x 4.87m))
an impeccably well kept and tastefully landscaped rear garden with paved seating area closest to the property and three steps leading up to an artificial lawned central section, with well-stocked, curved edge flower border to one side and further seating area to the other. At the top of the garden, double doors access an insulated summer house (8’11” x 4’9”) providing a lovely, covered space to enjoy the garden from.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with a rent charge of £3.68 pa. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.