Old Sneed Avenue, Stoke Bishop
An impressive and spacious 4 double bedroom, 3 reception traditional 1920's detached family house with delightful and secluded 85ft x 60ft rear garden, plenty of off street parking and a generous garage
Set back from the road in a commanding position this is a residence of great character on a sought after road.
In a prized and prestigious location within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants on Stoke Hill, and further afield to the amenities on Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village, city centre and also handy for the beautiful wide open spaces of the Downs and the Old Sneed Park Nature Reserve. Within 400m of Stoke Bishop C of E Primary School (Cedar Park).
Ground Floor: enclosed porch, large reception hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility/laundry room, conservatory, cloakroom/wc, small cellar space.
First Floor: bedroom 1 with en suite bath/shower/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, family bathroom/shower/wc
Outside: large front garden with 'in and out' driveway, with space for plenty of off street parking, large garage and an 85ft x 60ft much loved and well tended, level rear garden which enjoys a sunny south easterly facing aspect.
- Detached 1920's Family House
- Spacious accomm : [circa 2400 sq ft ]
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 Reception
- 85 ft x 65ft SE facing Rear Garden
- Large Garage -
- In and Out Driveway parking
from the pavement follow the driveway which leads up to large solid wood front entrance door with glazing to either side.
ENTRANCE PORCH: ((11' 6'' x 4' 3'') (3.50m x 1.29m))
cupboard housing fuse box and electricity meter, tiled floor, leaded glass wooden double doors and surround with decorative inserts opens to:
RECEPTION HALL: ((19' 8'' x 11' 6'' max including staircase) (5.99m x 3.50m))
An exceptional hall with glazed doors which open to the sitting room, family room, breakfast room and further door leads to cloakroom/wc. Traditional staircase with wooden handrail and balustrade with attractive twist spindles rises to first floor. Understairs cupboard with trap door leading to cellar space. Radiator.
wall mounted wash hand basin, radiator, fixed shelf, coat hooks and hanging rail, double glazed window to side elevation, part glazed door opens to separate wc with low level wc and double glazed window to side elevation, radiator.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (20' 2'' max into bay x 14' 5'') (6.14m x 4.39m))
ceiling coving, fireplace with wood burning stove with surround and mantel and marble reveals, double glazed windows to front elevation set in a square bay, radiator, glazed double doors to family room (the sitting room and family room combine to provide an excellent entertaining space with a through measurement of 38ft).
FAMILY ROOM: ((rear) (18' 0'' x 14' 5'') (5.48m x 4.39m))
ceiling coving, radiator, French windows open into the conservatory.
open plan but measured and described separately as follows:-
Breakfast Room: ((11' 8'' x 10' 11'') (3.55m x 3.32m))
radiator, doors to utility/laundry room and walk in larder (with shelves, including marble shelf, and space for large freezer and obscured window to side elevation). Further glazed door opens into the conservatory and large opening to:-
Kitchen: ((rear) (12' 3'' x 11' 3'') (3.73m x 3.43m))
good range of solid oak base and wall mounted units with peninsular style breakfast bar, double bowl sink and drainer unit with mixer tap and Quooker (instant boiling water), central island unit, double glazed windows above to rear elevation overlooking rear garden, tiled splash backs. The range style cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer will remain.
UTILITY/LAUNDRY ROOM: ((11' 2'' x 4' 4'') (3.40m x 1.32m))
Ideal gas boiler, gas meter, plumbing for washing machine, double glazed window to side elevation, tiled floor.
CONSERVATORY: ((rear) (17' 10'' x 9' 3'') (5.43m x 2.82m))
Amdega conservatory with tiled floor, French windows and further glazed door opening to rear garden.
CELLAR SPACE: ((7' 10'' x 5' 10'') (2.39m x 1.78m))
in the understairs cupboard there is a trap door which provides access down to the small cellar space - ideal for wine storage.
picture rail, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor, double glazed window with pretty stained glass insets on staircase provides natural light to the landing and hall.
BEDROOM 1: ((rear) (18' 1'' x 14' 5'' max to rear of built-in wardrobes) (5.51m x 4.39m))
ceiling coving, double glazed windows to rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator, built in wardrobes with hanging rails and shelves, further overhead cupboards, built in airing cupboard (with shelves and housing hot water tank), radiator.
En Suite Bath/Shower/WC: ((9' 5'' x 5' 6'') (2.87m x 1.68m))
low level wc, wash hand basin, panelled bath and separate shower cubicle with system fed shower unit. Tiled walls, wall mounted towel rail, radiator, further inset display shelves, double glazed window to side elevation, ceiling downlighters.
BEDROOM 2: ((14' 5'' max to rear of wardrobes x 13' 3'' max into bay) (4.39m x 4.04m))
ceiling coving, double glazed windows to front elevation set within a square bay, built in wardrobes with shelving and hanging rail and further overhead cupboards, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) (11' 7'' x 11' 0'') (3.53m x 3.35m))
picture rail, double glazed windows to front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) (11' 7'' x 10' 11'' max including built-in cupboard) (3.53m x 3.32m))
double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, built in cupboard with drawers below and overhead cupboard, drop down ladder provides access to the loft.
mainly boarded with power and light – excellent storage with further potential to provide more accommodation by way of conversion if required (subject to obtaining all necessary consents)
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((7' 4'' x 6' 5'' min) (2.23m x 1.95m))
suite comprising low level wc, wash hand basin set in vanity unit with cupboards beneath, corner bath, shower cubicle with mains fed shower, double glazed obscured window to side elevation, fully tiled walls, heated towel rail, ceiling downlighters.
OFF STREET PARKING:
'in and out' driveway provides parking for at least 3 to 4 cars within the front garden.
LARGE GARAGE: ((circa width 18' 5'' x 15' 7'' extending to 30'11)(5.61m x 4.75m/9.42m))
electric up and over door, power and light and tap.
two systems in place; solar thermal and photovoltaic solar panels.
Front: ((circa 60' 0'' x 34' 0'' including driveway) (18.27m x 10.36m))
wrought iron railings to the front of the garden and driveway, camellia in a pot, a large bed of mature shrubs with 2 prunus trees and further rock edged flower beds with many flowering plants and shrubs, including a hydrangea petiolaris on the house and viburnums. Pathway to side of house gives access via a gate to the rear garden.
Rear: ((circa 85' 0'' x 60' 0'') (25.89m x 18.27m))
a peaceful and beautifully maintained south easterly facing garden mainly laid to lawn with mature Acer tree and Magnolia, apple and plum trees, numerous flower beds surrounding the garden filled with a plethora of mature shrubs, bushes and flowers, including rose bushes, rhus cotinus, dierama and ceratostigma. Crazy paving closest to the house with pathway leading to the rear of the garden where you will find 2 compost areas. Rose arch with roses and clematis. Traditional part brick greenhouse (14'0 x 7'0) (4.27m x 2.13m) with light and tap, further garden store and fenced boundaries.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.