Merchants Road, Clifton
An exceptionally spacious and stylish, 2 double bedroom, upper maisonette apartment set within a substantial semi-detached Victorian period building, of circa 1,395 sq. ft., with separate kitchen/dining room, just a moment’s walk from Clifton Village and the tree lined Victoria Square.
Situated within the Clifton Village residents parking scheme we are informed that the vendors currently rent a secure parking space at £110 per month and that this will be transferable.
A well-proportioned upper maisonette apartment which has under gone an extensive programme of refurbishment with new additions as follows to name but a few: carpets and engineered oak flooring; plumbing and wiring, re-plastered walls with liberal use of Farrow & Ball paints; ornate moulded plaster work; kitchen/dining room with Stoves oven, Belfast style sink and polished black granite worktops; stylish family bath/shower room with high quality sanitary ware.
The apartment boasts an impressive drawing room (17'2 x 15'6) with simple moulded cornicing and cast iron fireplace, superb dual aspect semi open-plan kitchen/dining room (17'10 x 15'6) with ornate moulded plaster work, spacious landings and turning staircase, dual aspect principal bedroom (17'3 x 15'7), good sized second bedroom (18'1 x 9'9) and stylish family bath/shower room.
Gas central heating and wooden double glazed sash windows throughout.
Merchants Road is ideally situated, Clifton Village enjoys an enviable reputation with its eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just under a mile away. Just a moment’s walk is the tree-lined Victoria Square, reputed to be Bristol's fourth largest and a wonderful green open space.
Accommodation: entrance hall.
First Floor: landing, cloakroom cupboard, drawing room, kitchen/dining room, separate/wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, two double bedrooms, family bath/shower room.
An elegant maisonette apartment of particularly grand proportions set within a substantial semi-detached Victorian period building which has been divided into just two maisonette apartments.
- Exceptionally spacious and stylish
- 2 double bedrooms
- Extensively refurbished throughout
- Just a moments walk from Clifton Village
from Merchants Road, a paved pedestrian pathway continues alongside the building. Solid six-panelled wooden door with fanlight, opening to:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE HALL: ((9'3" x 6'8") (2.82m x 2.03m))
tiled flooring, ceiling light point. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Inset ceiling downlighter, wall light point, tall moulded skirtings. At half landing there is a useful CLOAKROOM CUPBOARD with coat hooks and ceiling light point.
obscure multi-paned sash window to the side elevation. Moulded skirtings and ornate moulded cornicing. Wall mounted telecom entry system. Radiator, mains switch board control, ceiling light point. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor level with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and deep moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: ((17'2" x 15'6") (5.23m x 4.72m))
a gracious principal reception room, having a pair of recessed sash windows to the front elevation. Central cast iron fireplace with coal effect gas fire and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, Victorian style radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: ((17'10" x 15'6" decreasing to 10'0") (5.44m x 4.72m/3.05m))
A generously proportioned dual aspect room, loosely divided as follows:
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets, polished black granite worktop surfaces with matching upstands, bevel edged splashback tiling, pelmet lighting. Integral Stoves cooker with electric oven and grill, four ring gas hob and wall mounted extractor hood with integral lighting. Under mount Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap. Space for tall fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, space and plumbing for washer/dryer. Peninsular breakfast bar with matching worktop and drawers below. Ornate moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlighters, sash window to the side elevation. Wide archway to:-
engineered oak flooring which continues into the kitchen area, ample space for table and chairs to seat up to twelve easily, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, radiator.
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Obscure glazed multi-paned window to the rear elevation, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: ((12'3" x 6'6" max measurements including stairwell) (3.73m x 1.98m) )
a spacious part galleried landing overlooking the turning staircase, with obscure multi-paned sash window to the side elevation which allows for plenty of light. Radiator, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: ( (17'3" x 15'7'') (5.25m x 4.75m))
dual aspect room with two sash windows to the front elevation and a further sash window to the side elevation. Central cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and stone mantle piece. Tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, radiator, large built in wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space.
BEDROOM 2: ((18'0" x 9'9") (5.49m x 2.97m))
sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below. Tall moulded skirtings, loft access, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving space.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((18'3" x 5'3") (5.56m x 1.60m) )
stylish and well-appointed family bath/shower room. High level Victorian style wc. Free standing roll top bath on ball and claw feet with hot and cold water taps. Walk in shower enclosure with low level shower tray, glass screens, bevel edged tiling, wall mounted unit with hand held shower attachment and overhead circular shower. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and bevel edged splashback tiling. Engineered oak flooring, Victorian style radiator with towel rail, tall moulded skirtings, obscure glazed multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, inset ceiling downlighter, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 5 July 1988. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that the service charge is divided between the two apartment owners on an as and when basis. There is a ground rent payable of £10 per annum. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.