Marlborough Hill, Kingsdown
A spacious and civilised 2 double bedroom (1 en suite) period converted apartment situated in this fabulous grade II listed Georgian mansion house in the heart of Kingsdown. Enjoying breathtaking cityscape views through the large sash windows, use of sunny communal gardens and the rare benefit of 2 allocated off street parking spaces. Situated in Kingsdown, an historic and central area of the city within walking distance of the city centre, Clifton Triangle and the harbourside. Excellent local restaurants and amenities of Cotham Hill/Whiteladies Road are also nearby as is Cotham Gardens Park, Bristol University and the BRI/Children's hospitals. Accommodation: spacious central entrance hallway, wonderful elegant 18ft x 18ft sitting room with 3 sash windows offering fabulous cityscape views, principal double bedroom with similar views and en suite shower room and built in wardrobes, bedroom 2 with built in wardrobes (also a generous double) and separate bathroom with loft hatch accessing a useful large loft storage area. Offered with no onward chain making a prompt and convenient move possible. A superb period apartment with a balanced and well-configured layout, off road parking for 2 cars and use of some lovely outdoor space.
- A spacious 2 double bedroom (1 en-suite) apartment with 2x parking spaces and shared gardens
- Offered with no onward chain making a prompt move possible
- Enjoying breathtaking cityscape views
- Wonderful elegant 18ft x 18ft sitting room
- Separate kitchen/breakfast room
- Use of sunny communal gardens
- Enjoying the rare benefit of 2 allocated off street parking spaces
- Beautiful listed building in a fabulous central location
via driveway inlet off Marlborough Hill where there are attractive timber electric gates providing vehicular access through to the parking area where there is visitor parking and 2 allocated off street parking spaces for Apartment 4. Steps lead up from the driveway towards the main communal entrance, through communal hall and stairwell to the first floor landing where you will find the private entrance to Flat 4 on the left hand side.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((13' 2'' x 6' 0'') (4.01m x 1.83m))
spacious central entrance hallway with high ceilings and ceiling coving, dado rail, door entry intercom and doors off to the sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room. At the bottom of the hallway an archway leads through to:-
which has a sash window to side providing natural light, high ceilings with ceiling coving, alcove with built in book shelving and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc, further door accesses the boiler cupboard housing floor standing Worcester gas boiler with storage space over.
SITTING ROOM: ((18' 9'' x 18' 0'') (5.71m x 5.48m))
an elegant southerly facing sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, feature Bath stone fireplace with Burley wood burning stove, 3 tall sash windows to the front offering breathtaking cityscape views over Bristol towards Bath hills in the distance with window box, radiators, dado rail, tv and telephone points.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((13' 4'' x 9' 5'') (4.06m x 2.87m))
a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged worktops over and inset 1½ bowl stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated dishwasher and double oven, further appliance space for washing machine and freezer, high ceilings with ceiling coving, part tiled walls, radiator, space for breakfast table and chairs and large sash window to rear.
NB: There is an integrated fridge but this is not operational. There is a freestanding below the counter fridge that is in working order.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (12' 10'' to front of wardrobes x 10' 6'') (3.91m x 3.20m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings and ceilings and ceiling coving, double doors access a recessed wardrobe, sash window to front with window box offering a similar view to the sitting room, radiator and arched wall opening leading through to:-
En Suite Shower Room/WC: ((10' 1'' max x 4' 6'') (3.07m x 1.37m))
shower enclosure, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin, sash window to side and a radiator
BEDROOM 2: ((14' 3'' x 11' 8'' max into recess) (4.34m x 3.55m))
double bedroom with large sash window to side, built in wardrobes, high ceilings, ceiling coving and a radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: ((7' 9'' x 5' 7'') (2.36m x 1.70m))
a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, high ceilings with ceiling coving, period style radiator and loft hatch accessing a useful boarded loft storage space which goes over the bathroom and both bedrooms.
SECURE GATED OFF STREET PARKING:
the property has the rare advantage of 2 allocated off street parking spaces situated within the parking area behind electric double gates. The parking for Apartment 4 is along the driveway and through the brick wall opening and are the first two spaces on the left hand side.
there is a gravelled area opposite the apartments before the communal gardens which offers space for visitors to park.
the residents of the 5 flats of Marlborough House have the enjoyment of a lovely walled lawned communal garden which attracts all of the day’s sunshine.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1991. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £140. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.