Leyton Villas, Redland
A most enchanting and attractive 4 double bedroom semi-detached home situated in the heart of Redland, yet tucked away on a peaceful cul-de-sac. Further benefit from a wonderful level lawned garden, a good sized sociable kitchen/dining room and useful cellar utility/storage space. Dating back to the 1780's, this elegant period home is full of character. Superb location within a level stroll of the shops, cafes, restaurants and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road, yet enjoying the tranquility of a cul-de-sac setting. The green open space of Durdham Downs are also within easy reach as are Cotham Hill, Clifton Down train station and other central areas. Ground Floor: central entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, 26ft x 12ft kitchen/dining room with French doors leading onto the garden. First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms and family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: 2 further double bedrooms and a shower room/wc. Lower Ground Floor: extensive cellar, utility and storage space with separate independent access. An engaging and well-proportioned home with an abundance of natural light and pretty walled gardens.
- A most enchanting and attractive semi-detached home
- 4 double bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Bay fronted sitting room & 26ft x 12ft kitchen/dining room
- Pretty walled garden
- Peaceful cul-de-sac location
- Abundant natural light
- Cellar utility space and storage
via garden gate leading into the front garden where a pathway wraps around the side of the building beside a lovely level lawned garden section to an attractive Victorian covered entrance main front door of the property.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (14' 0'' x 6' 0'' inclusive of stairwell) (4.26m x 1.83m)
high ceilings, an elegant staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor landing, flagstone flooring, coat hooks, radiator and wall mounted alarm control panel. Doors lead off the central entrance hallway to the sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (18' 4'' into bay x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.58m x 4.26m)
a lovely bay fronted sitting room with 3 large sash windows to front and further sash window with working shutters to side overlooking the gardens, attractive open fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, built in cabinets and book shelving to chimney recesses, tv point and radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (26' 3'' x 11' 11'' max reducing to 9'5) (7.99m x 3.63m/2.87m)
a bright and spacious through kitchen/dining room with a range of kitchen units comprising base and eye level pine cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset sink and drainer unit, integrated dishwasher, double oven and 4 ring gas hob, further appliance space for fridge, plenty of natural light provided by the window to side and Velux skylight window over, as well as the glazed French doors providing a seamless access out onto the gardens. There is a wide wall opening through from the kitchen area through to:
high ceilings, inset spotlights, window to side, radiator, attractive period style fireplace, built in original cupboards to chimney recesses and high level glazed panel providing borrowed light through to the entrance hallway.
the original staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 3 and bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (18' 4'' into bay x 14' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.58m x 4.29m)
a lovely bright principal double bedroom with high ceilings, wide bay to front comprising 3 sash windows, further sash window to side offering an open outlook over garden and neighbouring gardens, built in wardrobe to chimney recess and open book shelving with cupboard beneath to the other chimney recess and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (12' 7'' x 10' 4'') (3.83m x 3.15m)
a range of built in wardrobes and open shelving, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace, further corner cupboard, radiator and sash window to side offering a lovely open outlook over neighbouring gardens.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 7'' x 6' 3'') (2.31m x 1.90m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath with Mira shower over and folding glass shower screen, low level wc, pedestal wash basin with tiled splashbacks, radiator and sash window to side.
plenty of natural light provided by the high level Velux skylight window, loft hatch accessing roof space, corner storage cupboard and doors off to bedroom 2 and 3 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (11' 9'' taken at middle of sloped ceilings x 11' 6'') (3.58m x 3.50m)
a double bedroom with attractive cast iron fireplace, built in shelving to chimney recess, radiator and windows to side overlooking neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 6'' x 11' 5'' into recess & halfway up sloped ceilings) (3.50m x 3.48m)
a double bedroom with windows to side overlooking neighbouring gardens, an attractive period cast iron fireplace, radiator and built in shelving to alcove recesses.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
The original staircase descends to a door entrance accessing the lower ground floor cellar/utility spaces.
PRINCIPAL CELLAR ROOM: (14' 1'' into chimney recess x 13' 3'') (4.29m x 4.04m)
(with approx ceiling height of 6'1 in chimney recess) an incredibly useful basement/utility space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, fridge and freezer, built in base level storage cupboards with worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, natural light provided by windows to front and side, wall mounted fuse box and meter for electrics, flagstone flooring, radiator, gas meter, understairs storage recess and door accessing internal vaulted cellar storage area (9'10 x 8'0) (3.00m x 2.44m) and further door to front accessing further vaulted storage cellars with a door providing independent access from the front of the property.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 38' 0'' x 18' 0'' min/34'0 max) (11.57m x 5.48m/10.36m)
fabulous walled and surprisingly private level garden mainly laid to lawn with well stocked flower borders, paved pathway and seating area closest to the property, useful recessed storage area beside the kitchen, where there is an outside tap and space for storing barbeque, garden furniture etc. At the top of the garden there is a high level stone boundary wall, Hornbeam hedgerow offering privacy and pathway with steps descending to the lower ground floor where there is an independent entrance to the cellar storage rooms.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.