Holmes Grove, Henleaze
An appealing 4 double bedroom, 2 reception Edwardian period family home offering large and spacious lateral accommodation over two levels with garage, shared driveway and a large south westerly facing rear garden. The house benefits from a bright and roomy period feel with high ceilings and large sash windows, and offers further potential for loft conversion and kitchen extension if required (subject to planning). Set on a highly prized side road within a few hundred yards of Henleaze High Street with a range of shops, cafes and delis close by. The downs are closer than you might think being circa 500m away. Local primary schools of St Ursula's and Henleaze are both within 500m. Red Maids and Badminton Independent Girls schools are close by. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, kitchen/dining room, utility room, downstairs shower/cloakroom, sitting room, reception 2/study. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 with dressing room and en-suite, bedroom 4, bathroom/wc. Outside: front garden, rear garden, garage. Offered with no onward chain which enables a straightforward move.
- Edwardian period family home
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Large kitchen/dining room 24' x 16'
- South westerly facing rear garden
- Shared driveway
- No onward chain
via shared driveway accessing both 12 and 14 Holmes Grove. Attractive timber door with stained glass panels to either side and above, opening into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 8'' x 4' 2'') (1.73m x 1.27m)
ornate ceiling cornicing, glazed door entering into entrance hall, meter cupboard housing the electricity meter and consumer unit, wall mounted gas meter and original tessellated flooring.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (16' 10'' x 5' 8'' measured to front of understairs cupboard) (5.13m x 1.73m)
doors lead off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining room and study/reception 2. Ornate and detailed ceiling cornicing, attractive balustrade and handrail with stairs rising to the first floor, radiator, understairs cupboard.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (24' 6'' into chimney recess x 16' 4'') (7.46m x 4.97m)
measured as one, but described separately as follows:-
fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, kitchen island with stainless steel sink unit and drainer board with mixer tap, Quooker boiling water tap, further storage, space and plumbing for dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer, 4 ring Zanussi induction hob with filter hood above, Zanussi single oven with a separate Baumatic combination microwave oven above, recessed spotlights, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator
ceiling cornicing, continuation of exposed wooden floorboards, range of double glazed modern windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, wood burning effect gas stove on slate hearth, wooden mantle, radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: (14' 1'' x 7' 10'') (4.29m x 2.39m)
with a basic range of units, stainless steel sink unit with two draining boards, partially tiled walls, space and plumbing for tumble dryer, two double glazed windows to the side elevation and further double glazed door to the side elevation accessing the garden.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower, heated towel rail, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, double glazed window to side elevation.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 11'' into bay x 14' 8'' into recess) (4.54m x 4.47m)
bay window to front elevation comprising four large double glazed sash windows, ornate ceiling cornicing, two radiators, gas fire, double doors accessing:-
RECEPTION 2/STUDY: (12' 1'' x 9' 2'') (3.68m x 2.79m)
double glazed sash windows to front elevation, ceiling cornicing, radiator. Small wetroom style wc, wash hand basin and shower.
LANING: (18' 1'' x 5' 8'') (5.51m x 1.73m)
doors opening to all four bedrooms and bathroom, access to roof storage space, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (14' 11'' x 14' 11'' into chimney recess and bay) (4.54m x 4.54m)
currently being used as a third sitting room; large bay window to the front elevation with four double glazed sash windows, radiator, ceiling cornicing, attractive cast iron fireplace with tiles.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 11'' x 13' 1'') (4.24m x 3.98m)
large double glazed window to the rear elevation overlooking the garden, ceiling cornicing, radiator, redundant jack and jill door to bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (13' 1'' x 10' 2'') (3.98m x 3.10m)
large double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, redundant jack and jill door to bedroom 2, doorway leading to dressing room and en-suite
Dressing Room: (approx. 10' 4'' x 7' 9'') (3.15m x 2.36m)
built-in Airing Cupboard housing the gas boiler with large tank and pressurised hot water cistern. Range of fitted wardrobes, radiator, double glazed window to side elevation, door to:-
En-Suite: (7' 9'' x 7' 7'') (2.36m x 2.31m)
opaque double glazed window to rear elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: (9' 11'' x 9' 2'') (3.02m x 2.79m)
double glazed sash window to the front elevation, ceiling cornicing, radiator, sink unit and storage.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 10'' x 6' 1'') (2.39m x 1.85m)
two opaque double glazed windows to the side elevation, fitted in a period style with low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, cast iron enamel bath with Victorian style handheld shower fitment and mixer tap, further shower with Bristan electric shower above, shower rail and curtain, partial painted tongue and groove panelling, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 22' 0'' wide x 13' 0'' deep) (6.70m x 3.96m)
paved with low boundary wall, shrub borders and a cherry tree.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 56' 0'' long x 29' 0'' wide) (17.06m x 8.83m)
a delightful south westerly facing rear garden, the garden is screened by two mature sized trees which provide privacy and a very pleasant leafy outlook. Generous patio area immediately outside the dining room double doors, lawn with a variety of mature shrubs, plants and trees. Greenhouse.
GARAGE: (approx. 28' 0'' long x 8' 10'' wide) (8.53m x 2.69m)
corrugated asbestos roof, light and power, shared access and entrance with the neighbouring garage.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £6.6s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.