Hampton Road, Redland
An elegant and well proportioned (2663sq.ft) 5 bedroom (1 with ensuite), 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home, situated in the heart of Redland and further benefitting from a sunny south-westerly facing rear garden (25ft x 25ft) and the rare advantage of off-street parking.
Tastefully renovated by the current owners over recent years, this fine period home strikes a pleasing blend of contemporary styling and original features.
Raised Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, central entrance hallway, superb (21ft x 13ft) elegant sitting room with feature open fire, further bay fronted reception room to the front.
Lower Ground Floor: spectacular semi open plan (35ft x 21ft) kitchen/dining/living area with underfloor heating, walk-in larder cupboard, recessed utility/wc and direct access onto sunny rear garden.
First Floor: superb principal bedroom with large ensuite bath/shower room/wc, further double bedroom and stylish shower room with atrium skylight window.
Top Floor: 3 further good sized bedrooms.
Situated within the heart of Redland within a short stroll of the local independent restaurants of Chandos Road and Cotham Hill and nearby Whiteladies Road, Clifton Down train station and bus connections to central areas. Excellent schools are within easy reach, including Bristol Grammar, Cotham and St Johns Primary.
An elegant, bright and sympathetically updated period family home of lovely proportions in a highly convenient location.
- An elegant Victorian period family home with sunny garden and parking
- Spacious accommodation (circa 2660sq.ft)
- 5 bedrooms & 3 reception rooms
- South-westerly facing rear garden
- Tastefully renovated retaining many period features
- Off-street parking space
- Highly convenient Redland location
- Close to local amenities, transport links & schools
via garden gate and pathway leading beside the front garden and up several steps to the main front door to the house, into the:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 8' 0'' x 6' 6'' (2.44m x 1.98m)
a welcoming entrance with high ceilings, central ceiling rose, feature arched part stained glass window to side, coat hooks, floormat, dado rail and beautiful original part stained glass double doors into the:-
original staircase rising to the first floor landing and descending into the lower ground floor, radiator, doors off to the sitting room and reception 2.
SITTING ROOM: 21' 1'' x 13' 9'' (6.42m x 4.19m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, ceiling roses and picture rail. Feature open fire with marble surround and mantle and slate hearth, radiators, two large sash windows to rear with working wooden shutters. Door accessing a Butlers’ panty with original built-in sideboard and open shelving and door connecting through to:-
RECEPTION 2: 14' 4'' x 15' 5'' (4.37m x 4.70m)
a wide bay to front comprising three sash windows with original working shutters, high ceilings with original ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, feature fireplace, engineered oak flooring, radiator and door accessing the Butler Pantry which connects through to the sitting room.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Staircase descends from the hall floor into an impressive semi-open plan kitchen/dining room and living room (35’0 x 21’3” max in kitchen area reducing to 14’7” max into family area) (10.66m x 4.44m)
Kitchen/Dining Room: 13' 7'' x 21' 3'' (4.14m x 6.47m)
a large sociable family kitchen/dining space with a range of fitted kitchen units comprising of base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over. Integrated appliances include fridge/freezer, dishwasher, range cooker with induction hob and extractor fan over, NEFF microwave combi and inset sink with waste disposal and boiling water tap. Inset spotlights, south westerly facing sash window to rear and tall French doors to rear accessing the sunny rear garden. Further door accessing a recessed walk-in larder (6ft x 3ft), stone tiled floor with system fed underfloor heating. The kitchen/breakfast room is partially separated by the staircase which runs between the kitchen/dining space and the:-
Living area: 18' 4'' x 14' 7'' (5.58m x 4.44m)
high ceilings, inset spotlights, wide bay to front elevation comprising three sash windows with working wooden shutters, chimney recess, understairs storage cupboard, stone tiled flooring with underfloor heating, door accessing:-
a useful recessed space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and tumble dryer. A low level wc with concealed cistern, built-in base and eye level cabinets with work top over containing sink and drainer unit, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and a shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 14' 0'' x 13' 10'' (4.26m x 4.21m)
a good sized principal double bedroom with high ceilings, feature chimney recess, sash window to rear, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, door accessing a recessed walk-in wardrobe, and further door accessing:
Ensuite Bathroom: 14' 0'' x 7' 7'' (4.26m x 2.31m)
a beautifully appointed ensuite bathroom with a white suite comprising a claw foot bath with wall mounted mixer taps and shower attachment, an oversized shower enclosure with dual showers and recessed alcove shelf, two stone bowl sinks set into a granite counter with cabinets beneath, stone tiled floor, chrome-effected heated towel rail, inset spotlights and large sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 6'' x 12' 0'' (4.72m x 3.65m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, large sash window to front elevation, built-in wardrobes, exposed painted floorboards, built-in book casing to chimney recesses and radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 8' 0'' x 6' 0'' (2.44m x 1.83m)
a stylish shower room with a walk-in wet room style shower with dual headed cistern fed shower and alcove shelf, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash basin with marble counter beside and built-in mirrored cabinets over. An abundance of natural light provided by the atrium roof light and sash window to front. Geometric hexagon tiled floor, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, heated towel rail.
sash window to side elevation, radiator and doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 7'' x 12' 3'' (4.75m x 3.73m)
double bedroom with large sash window to front elevation, radiator and door accessing a recessed storage cupboard which in turn has a door through to the boiler cupboard (housing Vaillant gas boiler and pressurised hot water tank).
BEDROOM 4: 14' 2'' x 13' 2'' (4.31m x 4.01m)
double bedroom with ceiling coving, small loft hatch, radiator and large sash window to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 5: 13' 6'' x 8' 1'' (4.11m x 2.46m)
a lovely bright bedroom with dual aspect sash windows to front and rear, ceiling coving and radiator.
lawned front garden with deep flower borders containing various shrubs and trees.
REAR GARDEN: 25' 0'' x 25' 0'' (7.61m x 7.61m)
a south-westerly facing rear garden mainly laid to deck with raised flower borders containing shrubs and a mature tree. There is an outdoor ta, power sockets, handy gated side access through to the front and garden gate to rear on to the peaceful Auburn Road behind.
OFF STREET PARKING:
property is being sold with an off-street parking space situated next to the rear garden, at the rear of 107 Hampton Road. We are informed that this parking space is on a long (remainder of a 999 year) lease.
the property falls within the Cotham North Residents Parking Scheme area and a parking permit is available from the council for a modest annual fee.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.