Great George Street, Brandon Hill
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,500,000 - £1,600,000. Set in a stunning central location near to Brandon Hill and Park Street; a most impressive Georgian period grade II* listed town house, of circa 4,850 sq.ft., set within the Royal Colonnade which dates from 1826 and having off-street parking and 76ft well-stocked walled garden. Has fine period features and flexible accommodation with 14 rooms over 4 floors including scope for self-contained ground floor apartment etc., subject to obtaining the necessary consents. Within the same ownership for more than 15 years as a prestigious film studio, the property has been lovingly maintained and exudes integrity with many traditional features in evidence and now has planning consent (BCC planning application ref.20/05781/LA) to switch from its existing B1 planning use class to create a magnificent private residence. Without question the property represents a most exciting opportunity for families or professionals alike to create one of Bristol’s more impressive, large and well located town houses. The property is set in an exceptionally convenient and quiet location within easy reach of the best that Bristol has to offer. Park Street, The Triangle and Whiteladies Road are all within a few hundred metres with a diverse range of shops, bar, restaurants, museum, art galleries and music venues. St Georges concert hall (the neighbouring building), Bristol Beacon, the Hippodrome, the harbourside, Clifton Village and the medical and academic districts are all within 1km. Brandon Hill park is situated at the top of the road with its iconic Cabot Tower whilst the Downs with 400 acres of recreational space and the Clifton Suspension Bridge linking to the beautiful parkland and woods of Ashton Court and Leigh Woods are all within 2kms. Nuffield Health Bristol Fitness and well being gym is just a short away on Queens Road. There are a number of highly regarded schools, both state and independent such as Bristol Grammar, QEH, Clifton College and Clifton High School are mostly within walking distance. For the commuter there are excellent communication links, the M32 accesses the M4 (London and South Wales) and the M5 (the Midlands and the South-West). Bristol Temple Meads provides regular services to most cities nationwide. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, L shaped reception hall with grand sweeping staircase, 4 reception rooms, inner hall, cloakroom/wc. Lower Ground Floor: hallway, large inner hallway, 3 rooms, kitchenette, 2 storage rooms. First Floor: landing, elegant drawing room (19’6” x 17’2”), 3 further rooms, separate wc. Second Floor: part galleried landing with original cupola, 4 additional rooms, kitchenette, separate wc, store room. Outside: driveway parking for up to two vehilces, well-stocked 76ft walled garden with steps and sweeping stone chipped pathway, front courtyard area with store room. A gracious Georgian period property of distinction and whilst it is not unusual for town houses to have been converted into an office it is incredibly rare to come across one that has been virtually unaltered and therefore enjoys the benefit of all the magnificent period features which include exposed wooden floorboards, period fireplaces, multi-paned sash windows with original shutters, cupola, ornate central ceiling arch, sweeping staircase with mahogany handrail, ornate moulded cornicing and external window dressings.
- An elegant grade II* listed Georgian period townhouse.
- Circa 4,850 sq.ft.
- Magnificent period features and flexible accommodation.
- 14 main rooms over four levels.
- End of terrace of a short row of just four townhouses in classical symmetrical design.
- Planning consent (ref. 20/05781/LA).
- Off-street parking for up to 2 vehicles.
- 76ft wall rear garden.
- A gracious Georgian period townhouse.
- To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.