Glen Avenue, Abbots Leigh
A modest 3 bedroom detached late 1930’s bungalow in need of some improvement, positioned on a generous plot backing onto open fields. An exciting opportunity to refurbish, remodel, extend or rebuild (subject to obtaining all the necessary consents). Well located for the M5 and access into Bristol yet set within an idyllic rural setting, with wooded and village walks from the doorstep.
Circa 150ft x 100ft plot with south west facing rear garden, single garage and driveway parking.
Located some 2.5 miles from the Clifton Suspension Bridge, The Quest enjoys a green and generally rural outlook to the rear and occupies a peaceful plot located on a small cul-de-sac off a country lane. Circa 3 miles from junction 19 of the M5 motorway for out of town commuting and circa 3.5 miles for access to the city centre.
Accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, lobby, bathroom/wc.
Outside: set in a total plot of approx. 150ft x 100ft, with south west facing rear garden just short of 100ft x 65ft, integral single garage, off street parking for at least one vehicle in front of the garage.
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
- 3 Bed Detatched 1930's Bungalow
- Potential to rebuild / remodel / extend /refurbish
- Generous plot backing onto open fields
- Circa 150 ft by 100 ft plot
- South west Facing rear gardens
- Garage and OSP
- Idyllic and peaceful rural position
- Good access to M5 and into Bristol
from the entrance to Glen Avenue find the driveway and pathway which leads through the front garden up to the upvc part glazed front door which opens into:-
wooden stripped flooring, doors radiate off to the sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, bedroom 1 and lobby and inner hall.
SITTING ROOM: (with a thro' measurement of 24' 7'' x 13' 2'' (7.49m x 4.01m))
originally two separate areas - now a lovely open plan room with step down; upvc double glazed windows to side, front and rear elevations with sliding patio doors to the rear which open onto the rear garden, two radiators, period fireplace. Hatch into kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (13' 10'' x 11' 2'' (4.21m x 3.40m))
range of base and wall mounted units with rolled edge worksurface and stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, space for slimline dishwasher, space for electric cooker and fridge/freezer, radiator, cupboard housing oil fired floor mounted boiler.
BEDROOM 1: (14' 6'' x 13' 0'' max into chimney recess (4.42m x 3.96m))
upvc windows to front and side elevation, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 5'' x 11' 0'' (4.39m x 3.35m))
upvc double glazed window to front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 5'' x 10' 10'' (3.48m x 3.30m))
upvc window to rear elevation, radiator, cupboards housing hot water tank.
LOBBY: recess with plumbing for washing machine, radiator, loft access and door opens to:-
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 4'' x 7' 8'' (2.54m x 2.34m))
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with surround and wall mounted Mira electric shower over, double glazed window to rear elevation, storage cupboard, radiator.
GARDENS: (total approx max plot measurements of 150' 0'' x 100' 0'' (45.69m x 30.46m))
the property sits fairly centrally on the plot. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn with hedge, bush and tree boundaries with a large copper beech to the front and apple trees to the rear. The rear garden is south west facing and measures circa 90ft wide x 65ft deep (27.43m x 19.81m). The garden has a delightful green outlook and includes the wooded strip of land in between the lawn hedge and Sandy Lane.
SINGLE INTEGRAL GARAGE: (15' 0'' x 9' 0'' (4.57m x 2.74m))
up and over door with power and light.
OFF STREET PARKING:
for at least one vehicle in front of the garage within the front garden.
The property is not on mains gas and has an oil fired central heating system. Likewise, the property is not on mains drainage. Drainage is by way of a septic tank with wastewater to soakaway/partial discharge to the rear of the property.
The 7 houses of Glen Avenue contribute to the upkeep of the cul-de-sac roadway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.