Fremantle Square, Kingsdown
An elegant and well-proportioned 5 double bedroom grade II listed Georgian townhouse located in an historic, central, yet remarkably peaceful quarter of the city. Offering versatile accommodation with potential for further cosmetic improvement, a 70ft x 20ft rear garden and a garage. A rare opportunity to acquire one of the last remaining whole houses on this sought-after square. The house is triple-aspect with stunning views across the city. Situated in a charming Georgian square overlooking the lawned central park and towering over the city with spectacular views from the upper floors and offering the convenience of being just a short stroll down into the city centre and Stokes Croft/Cheltenham Road. Excellent schools including Cotham Gardens, Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School are nearby, as is Bristol University and the BRI/Children’s hospitals. 70ft x 20ft tiered rear garden (including garage) with rear access from Springfield Road, offering potential to develop the rear section of the garden and garage into a large garage, studio space or potentially separate dwelling (subject to any necessary consents).
- An elegant and well-proportioned grade II listed Georgian townhouse
- Located in an historic and central peaceful quarter of the city
- 5 double bedrooms
- 70ft rear garden
- Potential for cosmetic improvement
from the pavement step up via wooden panelled period entrance door with attractive glazed fanlight over into entrance hallway with attractive cornicing, radiator, period skirting boards, stairs rising to the first floor, doors to sitting room and study. Rear hall leads to bathroom and a further flight of stairs leading to the lower ground floor.
BATHROOM/Wc: 7' 10'' x 14' 6'' (2.39m x 4.42m)
comprising panelled bath, low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled surround, corner shower with wall mounted electric shower unit, extractor fan, windows overlooking the rear elevation.
STUDY: 12' 0'' x 12' 0'' (3.65m x 3.65m)
an attractive multi paned period sash window overlooking the rear elevation and private garden, picture rail, moulded skirting boards, attractive double doors and arch leading through into the sitting room.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 6'' x 14' 1'' (4.42m x 4.29m)
multi paned wooden sash window overlooking the front elevation with working wooden shutters, attractive ceiling cornice and central ceiling rose, period skirting boards, central fireplace with period insert and slate hearth, ceiling light point.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINER: 26' 5'' x 13' 9'' reducing to 11'10"(8.05m x 4.19m/3.61m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:
fitted with an array of base and full length units with roll edged working surfaces, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink with stainless steel mixer tap over, multi paned window with casement section and sill overlooking the front elevation and vaults, integrated electric oven, 4 ring gas hob, extractor hood. Space for fridge/freezer, opening into side hallway with multi paned wooden glazed door leading to the vaults to the front elevation of the property where the meters are housed.
ceiling light point, moulded skirting boards, double doors out onto the rear garden, radiator.
WC/UTILITY: 11' 1'' x 4' 2'' (3.38m x 1.27m)
comprising ceiling light point, moulded skirting boards, low level button flush wc, working surfaces, stainless steel sink with mixer taps over, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer.
staircase continuing up to the second floor landing with plenty of natural light provided by a large sash window to rear and doors leading off to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 1: 19' 2'' x 14' 3'' (5.84m x 4.34m)
impressive room with dual aspect spectacular views to the side elevation, 3 multi paned wooden sash windows overlooking the front and side elevations, period skirting boards, ceiling cornice and ceiling rose, attractive fire surround and matching over mantle with slate hearth and period fire insert.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 2'' x 12' 0'' (3.71m x 3.65m)
period multi paned glazed sash window overlooking the rear elevation, marble fire surround and matching over mantle, period skirting boards, radiator, ceiling light point.
doors leading off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 2'' x 12' 0'' (3.71m x 3.65m)
multi paned period sash window overlooking the rear elevation, ceiling light point, skirting boards, radiator, loft access, built in shelves.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 4'' x 10' 4'' (4.37m x 3.15m)
period glazed multi paned sash window overlooking the front elevation, ceiling light point, moulded skirting boards, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 11' 3'' x 8' 4'' (3.43m x 2.54m)
multi paned wooden sash window overlooking the front elevation, loft access, ceiling light point, skirting boards, radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 2'' x 3' 4'' (2.18m x 1.02m)
comprising shower with wall mounted electric shower and tiled surrounds with glazed sliding doors, extractor fan, obscured glazed window overlooking the side elevation, pedestal wash hand basin, low level button flush wc, heated towel rail, ceiling light point.
REAR GARDEN: approx 70' 0'' max inclusive of single garage x 20' 0'' (21.32m x 6.09m)
terraced city garden with generous courtyard seating area closest to the property and steps leading down through sections of garden to the rear which has steps down to gated access onto Springfield Road behind, where there is access to the single garage. The bottom section of the garden may offer some development potential for further garaging, a home studio or possible small dwelling subject to any necessary consents.
SINGLE GARAGE: 17' 0'' x 9' 0'' (5.18m x 2.74m)
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.