Fremantle Square, Cotham
Offered for sale for the first time since 1961 - a spacious 6 bedroom, 3 reception grade II listed early Victorian period semi-detached family home with generous front and rear gardens and a large detached garage.
The property offers the rare advantage of lateral accommodation laid out over 2 storeys, making it appealing for downsizers looking to retain a comfortably sized property without additional unused floors.
The house further benefits from level access, a large 65ft north-westerly facing lawned rear garden, and a large detached garage suitable for EV point if desired.
The house is set on the borders of Kingsdown and Cotham which enjoys a relaxed and understated feel with close proximity to the city centre, Gloucester Road, medical and academic districts.
Excellent local schools including Cotham Gardens, Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School are nearby, as is Bristol University and the BRI/Children’s hospitals.
Ground Floor: entrance hall, inner hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, conservatory, downstairs bathroom/wc, snug/office, downstairs wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, shower room/wc.
Outside: front garden (35ft x 28ft), rear garden (65ft x 37ft), detached garage.
- Early Victorian period semi-detached family home
- Lateral accommodation over two storeys
- A charming and cherished family house
- 6 bedrooms - 3 receptions
- 2 Bathroom / shower
- Generous lawned front and rear gardens
- Grade II listed
- Large detached garage
a charming approach with wrought iron gate opening into lawn and enclosed front garden, pathway leading to the front entrance door.
hardwood front door with arched overlight and side panels, doors to the downstairs wc and office/snug, opening through to the inner hallway, fitted storage, stairs rising to the first floor, meter cupboard, dado rail and cornicing.
doors lead off to the sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: ((20' 4'' into chimney recess x 13' 0'') (6.19m x 3.96m))
two sash windows to the front elevation, ceiling cornicing, open marble fireplace with tiled hearth, hidden study and radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: ((18' 8'' x 12' 7'') (5.69m x 3.83m))
a large room with a range of base and wall mounted units, space for range cooker, tiled splashbacks, tiled floor, radiator, space and plumbing for dishwasher and fridge/freezer, ample space for table and chairs, timber wooden doors to the rear elevation opening into the conservatory.
CONSERVATORY: ((15' 3'' x 7' 8'') (4.64m x 2.34m))
glazed roof, door to the rear elevation, tiled floor, gas boiler, space for tumble dryer, radiator.
white suite with low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath with shower fitment above, partially tiled walls, tiled floor, heated towel rail.
SNUG/OFFICE: ((17' 0'' x 10' 6'') (5.18m x 3.20m))
wooden doors and window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, an original range cooker from the Victorian period, radiator.
extractor fan, low level wc and wall mounted wash hand basin.
doors lead to all the bedrooms and shower room.
BEDROOM 1: ((rear left) (13' 5'' into chimney recess x 12' 8'') (4.09m x 3.86m))
sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, walk-in wardrobe.
pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: ((front left) (13' 1'' x 12' 1'' into chimney recess) (3.98m x 3.68m))
sash window, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear right - next to shower room) (15' 11'' x 11' 3'' (4.85m x 3.43m))
sash window to the side and rear elevations.
BEDROOM 4: ((front middle) (13' 0'' x 8' 8'' into chimney recess) (3.96m x 2.64m))
sash window to front elevation and radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((front right) (15' 7'' max 9' 0'' max) (4.75m x 2.74m))
wooden casement windows to the front and side elevations, radiator.
BEDROOM 6: ((12' 2'' x 7' 7'') (3.71m x 2.31m))
sash window to rear elevation, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: ((6' 6'' x 5' 2'') (1.98m x 1.57m))
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower, heated towel rail, casement window to side elevation
FRONT GARDEN: ((approx 35' 0'' deep x 28' 0'' wide) (10.66m x 8.53m))
a charming private well screened front garden laid mainly to lawn with tree and wall borders.
REAR GARDEN: ((65' 0'' x 37' 0'' overall incl. of detached garage) (19.80m x 11.27m))
a charming and well screened garden laid mainly as lawn.
DETACHED GARAGE: ((20' 11'' long x 14' 11'' wide) (6.37m x 4.54m))
accessed via Fremantle Road; timber doors, side door into garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.