Elmlea Avenue, Stoke Bishop
An exquisite and immaculately presented 4 bedroom detached 1930’s home situated on the sunny side of a well-regarded road, within close proximity of Elmlea School. Further benefiting from off road parking for 2 cars, a garage and a gorgeous south westerly facing level rear garden.
Extensively renovated by the current owners during their 10 years ownership, this property exudes quality and offers a superb 25ft x 20ft kitchen/dining area connecting seamlessly out to the sunny rear garden.
Situated on a well-regarded road on the doorstep of Elmlea School and within easy reach of the local shops and cafes of Stoke Lane. Bus connections from Parry’s Lane also nearby, as are the green open spaces of Durdham Downs.
Ground Floor: generous entrance entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, spectacular 25ft x 20ft kitchen/dining room, utility room and cloaks storage cupboard. Integral garage and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: central landing, 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and 1 single) and a beautifully appointed bathroom/shower/wc.
Potential for loft conversion (subject to any necessary consents).
Outside: driveway off road parking for 2 cars and well stocked front garden with gated pathways either side of the house leading through to a fabulous south-westerly facing 46ft x 34ft level rear garden.
A most attractive detached family home with wonderful sunny gardens and a beautiful interior.
- An exquisite and immaculately presented detached 1930's home
- 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and 1 single)
- Bay fronted sitting room
- Spectacular 25ft x 20ft kitchen/dining room
- Extensively renovated by the current owners during their 10 years ownership
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Integral garage
- Gorgeous south westerly facing level rear garden
- Potential for loft conversion (subject to any necessary consents)
via landscaped driveway and front garden, with the driveway providing off street parking for 2 vehicles. A pathway leads beside up the right hand side of the property where there is an attractive covered entrance and main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((approx. 10' 0'' x 10' 0'' inclusive of staircase) (3.05m x 3.05m))
a welcoming central entrance hallway with staircase rising to first floor landing, double glazed windows to side provide plenty of natural light, radiator, attractive panelled walls with display shelf over, alarm control panel, low level metre cupboard housing a gas metre and thermostat control for central heating. Doors lead off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining/living space, understairs cloaks cupboard and utility room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (16' 4'' x 11' 5'' max into chimney recess) (4.97m x 3.48m))
a bay fronted sitting room comprising double glazed windows and built in plantation shutters, high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, a feature fireplace with inset wood burning stove, stone surround and mantle and slate hearth, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING AREA: ((25' 0'' across x 19' 10'' max/12'0 min) (7.61m x 6.04m/3.66m))
a gorgeous large sociable kitchen/dining space with a perfect south westerly facing orientation flooding the space with natural light. There is a modern fitted kitchen supplied by Schmidt with a quartz worktop over and inset double sink, integrated appliances include Bosch double eye level oven, 5 ring gas hob with inset extractor hood over, dishwasher and tall fridge/freezer. Useful recess with built in larder cupboard and open shelving. To the living and dining space there is a spectacular large picture window and sliding doors and further double glazed window to side giving a feeling of connecting the garden with the inside space and complemented by the oak flooring and ample space for dining and seating furniture. Contemporary upright radiators and inset spotlights.
UTILITY ROOM: ((9' 10'' x 5' 3'') (2.99m x 1.60m))
a range of base and eye level gloss white units with granite worktop over and inset sink and drainer unit with appliance space beneath for washing machine and dryer. Tiled flooring, extractor fan, inset spotlights, coat hooks, radiator and doors leading off to the integral garage and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, extractor fan, inset spotlights and double glazed window to side.
a spacious central landing with loft hatch and pull down ladder accessing a generous loft storage space with potential for conversion (subject to any necessary consents). There are doors leading off the landing to all 4 bedrooms and the family bathroom/wc, tall glazed panel in the stairwell provides plenty of natural light through the landing and staircase.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (16' 10'' max into bay x 11' 6'') (5.13m x 3.50m))
a good sized bay fronted double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to front with built in plantation shutters and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (14' 4'' max into chimney recess x 12' 0'') (4.37m x 3.65m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, built in wardrobes with sliding doors, large double glazed south westerly facing window to rear offering a lovely open outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens. Radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) (12' 0'' x 10' 6'') (3.65m x 3.20m))
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2, high ceilings with picture rail and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4/HOME OFFICE: ((12' 5'' x 10' 1'' max/5'4 min) (3.78m x 3.07m/1.63m))
a double glazed window to side, high ceilings with picture rail, radiator and corner storage cupboard with built in open shelving and further storage over.
BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: ((10' 1'' x 7' 0'') (3.07m x 2.13m))
a white suite comprising double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, an oversized corner walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, chrome effect heated towel rail, tiled floor, inset spotlights, shaver point and double glazed window to side.
OFF ROAD PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the front of the property has been tastefully landscaped to accommodate off road car parking for 2 cars with a well-stocked curved edged flower border beside, cobbled pathway leads up to the main front door of the property where there are gated side accesses either side of the building leading through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 46' 0'' x 34' 0'') (14.01m x 10.36m))
a breath-taking level south westerly facing rear garden, professionally landscaped, and incorporating flower borders containing rich and varied architectural planting with decked seating area closest to the kitchen/dining space, stepping stones lead through to a further seating area with pergola over, built in garden shed and fenced boundaries. There are gated accesses to either side of the property through to the front garden.
GARAGE: ((15' 1'' x 7' 11'') (4.59m x 2.41m))
a single garage with up and over door providing ample storage space and housing the wall mounted Worcester gas boiler. There is a door to side providing access out onto the handy side access pathway connecting the front and rear gardens.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.