Downleaze, Sneyd Park
A well-proportioned and spacious, 2 double bedroom, grade II listed Victorian period first floor apartment, of circa 985 sq.ft., with tandem double garage, useful cellar storage rooms and communal gardens.
Light and airy with spacious sitting room (16ft x 14ft), good sized kitchen/breakfast room (14ft x 12ft).
Set in a desirable road in the coveted area of Sneyd Park, the apartment is a few hundred yards from the Downs with green open space and an approximate 500 metre walk to Café Retreat – popular for a weekend coffee.
Accommodation: entrance hall, reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Outside: tandem double garage, useful communal and private cellar rooms, communal garden.
- A grade II listed Victorian period first floor apartment
- Spacious and well-proportioned (circa 985 sq.ft.)
- Light and airy
- On a desirable road just a few hundred yards from the Downs
- 2 double bedrooms
- Tandem double garage
- Useful cellar storage rooms
- Communal gardens
from the pavement there are impressive gate pillars which tarmacadam driveway running alongside the communal garden situated at the front of the property, leading to the garages situated at the rear of the property. Wood panelled double doors with wall mounted lights and intercom, opening to:-
COMMUNAL RECEPTION HALL & STAIRWELL:
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirtings, elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with a pair of sash windows, ceiling light points, storage/meter cupboard. Door with steps descending to the basement which provides both communal and private storage. Six panelled door with moulded architraves opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALL: 7' 0'' x 6' 3'' (2.13m x 1.90m)
a lovely light introduction with two part multi-paned sash windows to the side elevation, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, telecom entry system. Multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: 14' 0'' x 6' 4'' (4.26m x 1.93m)
a spacious and central reception hall which gives access to four even sized rooms comprising two double bedrooms, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room plus family bathroom. Tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing two ornate ceiling roses with light points, radiator. Panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 16' 1'' x 14' 3'' (4.90m x 4.34m)
a lovely and bright principal reception room having a pair of double opening, south facing casement windows to the front elevation with multi-paned over lights. Central ornately carved stone mantle piece with matching hearth and recesses to either side of the chimney breast. Moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 11'' x 12' 8'' (4.54m x 3.86m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level shaker units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinet. Roll-edged granite effect worktop surfaces with matching upstands. Ceramic centre sink tidy with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap. Integral appliances include double oven, 4 ring induction hob, extractor hood, dishwasher and washing machine. Space for American-style fridge/freezer. Double opening storage cupboard with slatted shelving. Tiled effect flooring, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, inset ceiling downlights. Concealed wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler. A pair of sash windows to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 5'' x 12' 2'' (4.70m x 3.71m)
pair of casement south facing windows to the front elevation with over lights, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both with floating bookshelves), moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 11'' x 9' 10'' (4.54m x 2.99m)
pair of sash windows to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, radiator.
panelled bath with shower screen, wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Pedestal wash handbasin with mixer tap. Porcelanosa wood effect tiled flooring with tiled walls to dado height, wall mounted mirror with integral lighting, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
Accessed from the communal reception hall with door and steps descending to:-
COMMUNAL RECEPTION HALL: 15' 8'' x 15' 5'' (4.77m x 4.70m)
shared by the three apartment owners with 6ft ceiling height and door plus two windows to the rear elevation. Door to:
PRIVATE STORAGE ROOM 1: 9' 8'' x 5' 6'' (2.94m x 1.68m)
ceiling light point and 6ft ceiling height.
PRIVATE STORAGE ROOM 2: 15' 3'' x 14' 6'' (4.64m x 4.42m)
two light points and 5ft ceiling height.
GARAGE IN BLOCK: 26' 5'' x 9' 7'' (8.05m x 2.92m)
the central garage of the triple garage block on the left hand side. Metal up and over door, light and power connected.
cross the front of numbers 21 and 23 Downleaze. There is a beautiful level lawned garden which serves the six apartments that occupy the two buildings. It also provides a social hub for the residents and creates a good sense community. The lawn is set behind a high hedge border which provides a good amount of privacy whilst on the remaining three sides there are deep shrub borders that exhibit an array of flowing plants and shrubs, plus an established Wisteria. Situated at the rear of the buildings, there are two further sitting out areas ideal for either a morning or late afternoon drink with table and chairs and again being well stocked.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1973. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £???. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.