Cumberland Road, Harbourside
Enjoying uninterrupted views of Bristol’s attractive harbourside; an elegant 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room Bath stone three storey semi-detached Victorian town house, built circa 1860, having driveway parking for two cars and a particularly charming well stocked rear garden. A fabulous opportunity to acquire this semi-detached Victorian town house with impressive Bath stone bay fronted main façade situated on the ever popular Harbourside location of Spike Island. At the front of the property is The Cut, a waterway that divides Southville from Spike Island and at the rear there are uninterrupted views towards Bristol’s historic harbourside. Ground Floor: entrance hall, double bedroom, open-plan kitchen and dining room, useful pantry cupboard, utility room, cloakroom/wc. First Floor: landing, drawing room with two large sash windows and Juliet balcony, master bedroom with en-suite shower room. Second Floor: galleried landing, two further double bedrooms, family bath/shower room. Outside: off-street driveway parking for 2 cars, charming well stocked rear garden designed for ease of maintenance with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. An immensely appealing period residence ideally located for city professionals or family home buyers alike.
- Superb views of the Harbourside
- Early Victorian Semi Detached House
- Walking distance to Cargo / Wapping Wharf
- 4 double bedrooms
- Kitchen Dining Room
- Drawing Room with 2 Large windows overlooking the Harbour
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Off street driveway parking for 2 cars
from the driveway, there is a wrought iron pedestrian gate and pathway running alongside the house. Solid part glazed wood panelled front door with fanlight and wall mounted external lantern, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, with turning staircase ascending to the first floor, understairs storage cupboard, Part opaque glazed wooden door with moulded architraves and arched fanlight opening to the open-plan kitchen and dining room. Wood panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM/BEDROOM 4: 16' 5'' x 15' 1'' (5.00m x 4.59m)
having a bay window to the front elevation which comprises three wooden double glazed sash windows, chimney breast with recesses to either side, two radiators.
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN & DINING ROOM: 15' 1'' x 13' 2'' (4.59m x 4.01m)
fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets, glazed display cabinets and shelving. Solid wooden worktop surfaces, double circular sinks with swan neck mixer tap, splashback tiling. Integral range cooker with stainless steel splashback and extractor hood. Space for dishwasher and American style fridge freezer. Wooden flooring, radiator. Wooden double opening double glazed doors with side panel overlooking and opening externally onto the rear garden with views of the harbour. Multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves opening to the utility room. Door with moulded architraves opening to:-
continuation of wooden flooring, fitted shelving.
UTILITY ROOM: overall measurement 4' 4'' x 7' 4'' (4.37m x 2.23m)
panelled base and eye level units, wooden worktop surface, Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap, splashback tiling, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, radiator. Multi-paned double glazed windows to the rear and side elevations. Part multi-paned stable door opening externally to the side elevation.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part panelled walls, extractor fan.
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, turning staircase ascending to the second floor, ceiling light point. Wood panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: 15' 11'' x 12' 6'' (4.85m x 3.81m)
two virtually floor to ceiling double glazed sash windows overlooking Bristol’s harbour with Juliet balconies. Central period style fireplace with cast iron surround, ornately carved wooden mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted shelving), exposed and painted wooden floorboards, two radiators.
MASTER BEDROOM SUITE:
loosely divided as follows:-
Bedroom 1: 16' 4'' x 15' 11'' (4.97m x 4.85m)
bay window to the front elevation overlooking The Cut and comprising three tall double glazed sash windows. Central period style fireplace with ornately carved mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, two radiators, ceiling light point. Door opening to:-
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
wet room style shower with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment. High level flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Fully tiled flooring and walls, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with exposed wooden floorboards, obscure glazed sash window to the side elevation, Airing Cupboard housing Vaillant gas fired central heating boiler. Doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: 15' 11'' x 12' 7'' (4.85m x 3.83m)
2 wooden double glazed sash windows to the rear elevation with a panoramic view taking in Bristol’s harbourside, the city centre, Wills Memorial, Cabot Tower and many other features. Exposed wooden floorboards, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, radiator. Built-in wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space. Loft access.
BEDROOM 2: 9' 2'' x 9' 4'' (2.79m x 2.84m)
2 wooden double glazed windows to the front elevation overlooking The Cut, painted wooden floorboards, radiator. Built-in wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space. Loft access.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC:
vaulted ceiling with two Velux windows. Freestanding roll top bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment. High level flush wc. Bidet. Wet room style walk-in shower with wall mounted shower unit, overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment. Period style pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring and partially tiled walls, tall moulded skirtings, recessed shelving, wall light with shaver point, three further wall light points, heated towel rail/radiator.
OFF STREET PARKING:
parking for 2 vehicles is provided immediately in front of the property.
REAR GARDEN: 35' 0'' x 20' 0'' overall dimensions(10.66m x 6.09m)
designed for ease of maintenance and enjoying privacy with its elevated position and fantastic views to the rear across Bristol’s historic harbourside. Predominantly paved with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. High walls on either side with a variety of climbing plants plus deep shrub border featuring flowering plants and mature shrubs including banana trees. Pedestrian gate with return access to the front.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.