Cooks Folly Road, Sneyd Park
An inviting, individual and most attractive 4 bedroom, 2 reception room 1950s detached family home situated in an enviable and peaceful cul-de-sac location, high up in Sneyd Park, within just 350m of Durdham Downs. Further benefitting from off-road parking for multiple cars, a double garage and a fabulous 90ft x 45ft rear garden. Set within a generous plot and 50ft from the front gates, this character-filled detached home offers an amount of outdoor space and parking many will find appealing. Situated on a sought after cul-de-sac on the upper slopes of Sneyd Park, within a short stroll of Durdham Downs, making it easily accessible to Whiteladies Road and central areas, yet offering a peaceful and leafy setting. Ground Floor: entrance hallway with original mahogany flooring, bay fronted sitting room (19ft x 12ft), separate dining room/reception 2, bedroom 4/reception room 3 with en-suite shower room/wc, and modern extended kitchen/breakfast room overlooking the rear garden. First Floor: landing with tall feature window overlooking the rear garden and providing plenty of natural light, bedroom 1 with recessed wardrobe, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 with en-suite bathroom, separate shower room/wc. Outside: sweeping driveway framed with raised flower border leading towards the property where there is a double garage and generous front garden/vegetable patch. To the rear there is a spectacular 90ft x 45ft lawned rear garden enjoying the late afternoon/early evening summer sunshine. A bright and enticing 2 storey family home in a desirable location.
- An inviting, individual & most attractive 1950s detached family home
- 4 bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room & 1 with en-suite bathroom)
- Wonderful 90ft peaceful rear garden
- Double garage and ample driveway parking
- Peaceful cul-de-sac location, high up in Sneyd Park, Close to the downs
- Double gates open to a sweeping driveway with ample parking
- Front garden with raised vegetable borders and flower borders
via double gates and sweeping driveway providing ample off-street parking. The driveway banks down towards the property where you will find a double garage to the right hand side. The driveway is framed with raised flower borders and a good sized vegetable garden. A pathway leads off the driveway to the main front door of the house.
a bright and welcoming entrance hallway with feature archway, original parquet flooring, port-hole double-glazed window to front. Stairs rise to first floor landing, two radiators, telephone point, meter cupboard housing gas meter and fusebox for electrics. Doors lead off to the sitting room, dining room/reception 2, kitchen/breakfast room and bedroom 4/reception 3.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (19' 8'' max into bay x 12' 8'') (5.99m x 3.86m)
a peaceful sitting room with wide bow bay to front comprising triple-glazed windows, wood flooring, feature open fireplace and radiator.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: (front) (13' 8'' max into bay x 10' 9'') (4.16m x 3.27m)
bright reception room with wide bow bay to front with triple-glazed windows overlooking front gardens and driveway, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 6'' x 12' 3'') (6.55m x 3.73m)
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level gloss white cupboards and drawers with granite worktop over and inset sink with mixer taps and filtration tap, integrated appliances include stainless steel oven, four-ring conduction hob with extractor hood over, wine fridge. Further free standing appliance space and plumbing for washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer. Ample natural light provided by the two Velux skylight windows and triple-glazed windows to rear offering a wonderful open leafy outlook over the rear garden. Further triple-glazed door to side providing access out on to the side pathway which connects the front and rear gardens, wall-mounted Worcester gas boiler, ample space for breakfast table and chairs, inset spotlights, wood flooring and radiator.
BEDROOM 4/RECEPTION 3: (15' 2'' x 14' 3'') (4.62m x 4.34m)
a generous double bedroom or further reception room offering great flexibility. This space was extended in 2018 and offers a large picture triple-glazed window to rear overlooking the rear garden, wood floor, radiator, high ceilings and door accessing en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/WC:
comprises a white suite with corner shower enclosure, low-level wc and wash hand basin with built-in cabinet underneath, tiled walls and floor, extractor fan, triple-glazed window to front, shaver point and chrome effect heated towel rail.
a spacious landing with tall triple-glazed window to rear providing plenty of natural light through the landing, stairwell and entrance hallway. Doors lead off to all three upstairs bedrooms and a shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (19' 6'' max into bay x 12' 9')' (5.94m x 3.88m)
a wide bow bay to front comprising triple-glazed windows, radiators and recessed wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 7'' x 8' 7'') (4.75m x 2.61m)
a double bedroom with triple-glazed windows to front, radiator, door accessing recessed walk-in cupboard with built-in shelving.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 9'' x 7' 3'') (3.58m x 2.21m)
a large triple-glazed window to rear, exposed floorboards, radiator, door accessing:-
En Suite Bathroom/WC: (5' 6'' x 4' 10'') (1.68m x 1.47m)
panelled bath, low-level wc, wall mounted wash basin, part-tiled walls, heated towel rail and triple-glazed window to rear
corner shower enclosure, low level wc, sink, extractor fan, inset spotlights, chrome effect heated towel rail, triple-glazed window to rear, shaver point, large-recessed linen cupboard.
NB: The vendors had considered amalgamating the en suite bathroom and shower room to create a larger bathroom and larger third bedroom and one may decide to do this.
The property is set 50ft back from the double entrance gates, giving the house real presence and plenty of space for off-street parking, drive leads off to the double garage. Beside the double garage there is a front garden with raised vegetable planters. To the other side of the driveway there is a raised border containing various shrubs and plants. Gated pathways either side of the property connect through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 90' 0'' x 45' 0'' tapering down to approx 28ft) (27.41m x 13.71m/8.53m)
A wonderful peaceful rear garden which is mainly laid to lawn with well-stocked mature flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees with fenced boundaries. To the bottom of the garden there is a garden cabin and shed. Closer to the property there is a good-sized paved seating area with inset fishpond, pathways with gated access either side of the house provide access to the front of the property.
OFF STREET PARKING:
ample space for numerous vehicles.
DOUBLE GARAGE: (approx. 25' 0'' x 16' 11'') (7.61m x 5.15m)
two up-and-over single doors enter a good sized double garage/workshop with power, light and windows to both sides.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.