Church Road, Abbots Leigh
Originally the stables to Leigh Lodge, now converted and extended to create a delightful and flexible 3/4 bedroom, 2 reception room stone built detached country cottage of character with lovely gardens and off street parking space and impressive 22ft x 14ft kitchen/dining room. Offers civilised living in rural village surroundings without being isolated or remote.
Beautifully renovated, has interest and character, well-proportioned light and airy rooms with a very civilised and comfortable atmosphere, flexible and adaptable - although totally integrated the east wing of the cottage can be independently accessed and occupied thus suitable for guest rooms, working from home, a teenager’s retreat or accommodating a close relative etc. Big enough for a family but not too big for others. An exceptional property.
Location: in a coveted premier road at the heart of a friendly & much sought after village with a strong sense of community & a peaceful rural ambience, away from the city rush but not isolated or remote. Lovely children's park at the end of the road & the local village pub a short walk away. Clifton Village & Bristol city centre are within approx 2 and 3 miles respectively. M5 motorway junction 19 is within 3 miles. Bristol International Airport is within easy reach.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, reception 1, reception 2, garden room, utility/shower room, and 22ft x 14ft kitchen/diner.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and bathroom/wc.
Outside: off street parking for two, cottage garden (approx 126ft x 26ft), kitchen garden (approx 80ft x 16ft).
- Detached country cottage
- 3 principal bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Potential for ground floor bedroom
- Kitchen dining room
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- 2 Parking spaces
- Highly prized location
- Yards to the pub and walks from the doorstep
- English cottage garden
from Church Road into the track fronting the property parking spaces just inside high wall on the right.
doors leading to reception 1, reception 2, double glazed window to the rear, radiator, meter cupboard above.
RECEPTION 1: (15' 8'' x 15' 1'' (4.77m x 4.59m))
2 double glazed windows to the rear and double glazed window to the front, radiator, wall light points, built in dresser style unit, door leading to:
GARDEN ROOM: (8' 11'' x 7' 4'' (2.72m x 2.23m))
double glazed window to the side, double glazed French doors leading to the rear terrace, radiator, ceiling downlighters, door leading to utility/shower room.
comprises shower cubicle, low level wc, inset single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for freezer. Free standing Worcester oil central heating boiler.
RECEPTION 2: (15' 5'' x 14' 3'' (4.70m x 4.34m))
2 double glazed windows to the rear plus double glazed window to the front, inset open grate seated on a tiled hearth, radiator, wall light points, bespoke fitted bookshelf unit to the alcove, door leading to the kitchen/diner.
KITCHEN/DINER: (22' 0'' x 14' 6'' (6.70m x 4.42m))
fitted with a range of wall and base units in a contemporary finish with a roll edged granite work surface, inset 1½ bowl sink unit complete with mixer taps, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher, electric range cooker with overhead extractor and Dedietrich hob, ceramic tiled floor, glass splashback, double glazed windows to both the front and rear, double glazed door to the front, 4 skylight windows, ceiling downlighters, wall light points, underfloor heating.
access to all rooms on this floor, double glazed window to the rear, 2 double glazed skylight windows, exposed beams, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (15' 4'' x 9' 7'' (4.67m x 2.92m))
double glazed windows to the front and side, double glazed Velux window to the side, radiator, range of fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers, access to loft, downlighters, door leading to:
En Suite Shower/wc:
comprising shower cubicle, vanity wash hand basin with Roca tap, low level wc, double glazed skylight window to the front, heated towel rail and downlighters.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 5'' x 11' 9'' (4.70m x 3.58m))
double glazed window to front and double glazed French doors to balcony, range of floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes, ceiling downlighters, radiator.
glass surround with panoramic views.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 9'' x 8' 11'' (3.58m x 2.72m))
double glazed window to the front, ceiling downlighters, radiator.
double glazed window to the front, suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps, vanity wash hand basin, low level wc and separate shower cubicle, ceiling downlighters, tiled splashback, heated towel rail.
ample space for two cars located adjacent to the cottage garden near the access onto Church Road.
COTTAGE GARDEN: (126' 0'' long x 26' 0'' wide (38.38m x 7.92m))
a lovely pretty garden enclosed by fencing and mellow stone and brick boundary walls, mature extensive lawned and gravelled areas including pergolas and seating areas with well stocked planting beds and borders, abundant flowering plants/shrubs/bushes and specimen ornamental trees including fruit varieties, vegetable section, greenhouse, small timber shed.
KITCHEN GARDEN: (over approx 80' 0'' in length (24.37m))
(over approx 80ft in length it narrows in width from 16ft by the small deck and steps near kitchen door to 11ft, thereafter tapering to an apex a little further on) (24.38m x 4.88m /3.35m) fenced and paved back yard with separate gated access to track, lawn, border area, enclosed compound for gas cylinders and oil tank, boundary wall and fencing, two garden sheds, shrubs and bushes with specimen and mature trees including silver birch and holly, sink and tap outside kitchen door.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements.
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.