Charlotte Street, Brandon Hill
A beautiful 1 double bedroom, circa 750 sq. ft., hall floor flat with allocated off street parking, situated within an iconic grade II* listed Georgian terrace immediately adjacent to Park Street and Brandon Hill Park.
Set in favoured position within yards of Park Street to the left and Brandon Hill to right. Within 100 metres of St George’s concert venue. A diverse range of shops, bars and restaurants all within a few hundred yards, close to Bristol University, the BBC and the city centre.
A terrace of 16 houses begun in 1787 and completed c1800 by William Paty in a mid-Georgian style.
No onward chain making a prompt move possible.
Notable for its original period features, generous footprint, 11'9/3.6m high ceilings and allocated off street parking space.
The ultimate pied-a-terre, a brilliantly situated apartment with the dimensions of a 2 bedroom flat, with incredible links to all that Bristol has to offer.
- A beautiful, circa 750 sq. ft., hall floor flat
- Situated within an iconic grade II* listed Georgian terrace
- 1 double bedroom (13'11 x 11'9)
- Bay fronted sitting/dining room (18'6 x 16'5)
- Separate kitchen with integrated appliances
- Original period features and 11'9/3.6m high ceilings
- Allocated off street parking space
- No onward chain making a prompt move possible
the property is approached via a raised Georgian pavement with painted railings, a short flight of four steps leads up to pilaster and pediment entrance doorway with fanlight leading into:-
a short hallway with lockable post trays, intercom entry system and further obscured glazed door into:-
staircase rising to upper levels, tiled flooring, communal fire alarm system. Pair of doors straight ahead, the right hand door of which is the private entrance into the flat.
a central hallway providing access to all principal rooms within the flat. 11’9”/3.6m high ceilings which continue through most of the flat with original ceiling mouldings, wall mounted consumer unit and adjacent intercom entry phone. Airing Cupboard housing immersion water cylinder and wooden slatted shelving.
SITTING/DINING ROOM: (18' 6'' x 16' 5'') (5.63m x 5.00m)
elliptical hall arch with moulded archivolts provides a grand entrance into the sitting room with double opening glazed wooden doors. Twin wood framed sash windows to front elevation set into shallow square bays providing a pleasant outlook over similarly styled Georgian buildings and street scene with working wooden shutters. High ceilings continue with ceiling mouldings, dado rail, white marble fireplace surround with cast iron insert (not currently in use), electric storage radiator.
STORE ROOM: (5' 6'' x 3' 10'') (1.68m x 1.17m)
situated just off of the hall, a large walk-in cupboard provides a very useful storage space, currently used as a small pantry it has historically been used as very small study.
KITCHEN: (11' 7'' x 6' 7'') (3.53m x 2.01m)
separate kitchen naturally lit by rounded arched wood framed windows to rear elevation overlooking a parking area, with high ceilings continuing and original ceiling mouldings. Roll edged worksurfaces on both sides with splashback tiling and kitchen units at eye and floor level with drawers on the external wall, twin display cabinets. Integrated 4 ring electric oven top with integrated electric oven below and stainless steel extractor hood over, worktop mounted stainless steel 1 1/3rd sink with drainer and mixer tap. Integrated undercounter fridge and freezer and space for washing machine.
DOUBLE BEDROOM: (13' 11'' x 11' 9'') (4.24m x 3.58m)
wood framed sash window to rear elevation overlooking a parking area, with high ceilings continuing and partial original ceiling mouldings, electric storage radiator on opposing wall.
double doors at high level provide a large storage void immediately above the store room accessed from the hallway and is boarded. This area acts essentially as a loft.
wood framed sash window to rear elevation matching white suite with acrylic bath with Victorian style taps, Mira Sprint electric shower over the bath with side screen, close coupled wc, pedestal wash hand basin, mirrored medicine cabinet, partially tiled walls and splashback above the sink, electric heated towel rail.
the parking for the property is situated in a numbered car port (27) and is found not immediately behind the subject property but at the top end of the terrace, where pedestrian access leads behind that last building. Vehicular access is from Upper Byron Place which is a circular road most easily accessed from Berkeley Square. Both the pedestrian and vehicular entrances are electronically gated and can be opened with a key fob.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 600 year lease which commenced on 6 April 1974. There is a ground rent payable of approx. £15 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the annual service charge is £1,662 p.a., which is paid every six months (i.e. approx. £138.50 as a representative monthly figure which likely includes the ground rent). This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.