Alexandra Park, Redland
A spacious and very stylishly presented 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, semi-detached Victorian period villa, situated in a prime Redland location with generous reception space and beautiful south-west facing landscaped rear garden. Having semi open-plan kitchen/dining room (20ft x 14ft) with shaker style kitchen featuring granite worktops and double width range cooker. Timber French doors provide access and overlook a paved patio with ample space for table and chairs. The kitchen also links to a useful utility room and downstairs shower room. A particular impressive feature is the beautifully presented full width bay fronted sitting room with period fireplace, central ornate ceiling arch, ornate moulded cornicing, wooden flooring and four tall sash windows. Within a stones throw of the popular Chandos Road with a number of fine neighbourhood eateries and local pubs - Highly convenient location for access to all central areas and within a half mile walk of the cafes, restaurants, and shops of Cotham Hill/Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road. Cotham Gardens Park and Redland train station are also a short walk away. Also nearby there are excellent schools including Cotham Secondary, Bristol Grammar and Cotham Gardens Primary. Located within the Cotham North Residents Parking Scheme. Externally, the house is set well back from this quiet residential road with strategic planting for extra privacy. There is a useful storage room situated at the back of the house with secure roller metal door. The rear garden enjoys a delightful south-west facing orientation with patio, shaped lawn and well stocked borders. Ground Floor: entrance hall, bay fronted sitting room, semi open-plan kitchen/dining room, utility room, shower room/wc. First Floor: part galleried landing, 4 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc, shower room. Outside: front garden, good sized level rear garden, storage room. A much loved family home with a whole host of ‘extras’ in a prime Redland location.
- Semi-detached Victorian family home
- Beautifully presented
- Lots of period features, character and charm
- Open plan kitchen/dining room
- Delightful south-west facing rear garden
- 4 double bedrooms
- Stunning drawing room
- Uility and ground floor shower / wc
- 2 further bath/shower rooms
- Useful garden storage room
via garden gate leading beside landscaped front garden. Pathway continues to the right hand side of the property where you will find the main entrance to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (17' 7'' x 6' 4'' overall incl. of stairwell) (5.36m x 1.93m)
an attractive hallway with original stairs, balustrade and handrail rising to the first floor, ceiling cornicing, original front door and stained glass light above, doors open to the kitchen/dining room and the living room. Useful understairs storage area, wooden flooring and radiator. Stained glass door opening into the original butler's pantry with original cabinetry and internal window through to the kitchen.
LIVING ROOM: (20' 4'' max into both chimney recesses x 18' 4'' into bay) (6.19m x 5.58m)
previously two rooms which have been combined into one larger room. A very stylish room filled with warmth and character detail, high ceilings with very ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail and large marble period open fireplace with slate hearth, bay window with three sash windows and a further sash window to the front elevation all overlooking the front garden, exposed wooden flooring, radiator, fitted shelving and storage to either side of the chimney breast.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (20' 3'' into chimney recess x 14' 10'') (6.17m x 4.52m)
was two rooms which have been knocked into one. Measured as one but described separately as follows:-
high ceilings with ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail, recessed fireplace, tiled floor with underfloor heating, impressive genuine French doors opening out onto the rear garden, radiator.
fitted with a range of units with working surfaces, 1 ½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap, space for large range cooker, plumbing for dishwasher, tiled floor with underfloor heating, attractive arched internal window and partially glazed doorway lead into:-
UTILITY ROOM: (10' 3'' x 8' 7'') (3.12m x 2.61m)
a large and useful family room with space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, space for tall fridge/freezer, Belfast sink and solid timber working surface and upstand, gas combination boiler, radiator, tiled flooring, double glazed bi-folding doors to the side elevation opening out onto the rear garden.
DOWNSTAIRS WC/SHOWER ROOM: (8' 5'' x 5' 7'') (2.56m x 1.70m)
large tiled shower cubicle, low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor, recessed spotlights, extractor fan and lightwell. There is a door that leads into the storage room, also accessible from the garden and described later.
LANDING: (13' 2'' x 6' 4'') (4.01m x 1.93m)
a very large skylight illuminates this area, doors opening out into all bedrooms, bathroom and shower room.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (18' 4'' into bay x 11' 5'' into chimney recess) (5.58m x 3.48m)
a rather charming main bedroom with three sash windows to the front elevation set within the bay. Attractive cast iron fireplace with stone surround, wooden mantel and slate hearth. Large fitted wardrobe, ceiling cornicing, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (13' 7'' x 8' 6'') (4.14m x 2.59m)
sash window to front elevation. Cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantel and slate hearth. Fitted wardrobes and storage, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (14' 9'' x 8' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.49m x 2.66m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, useful fitted wardrobe and storage. Cast iron period fireplace with wooden surround and mantel and slate hearth. Radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (11' 6'' x 11' 5'' into chimney recess) (3.50m x 3.48m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation. Period cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantel and slate hearth.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 2'' x 6' 5'') (2.18m x 1.95m)
partially obscured sash window to side elevation, deep panelled bath with handheld shower fitment, partially tiled walls, low level wc, heated towel rail, pedestal wash hand basin, recessed spotlights.
SEPARATE SHOWER ROOM:
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 25' 0'' wid) (15.23m x 7.61m)
a landscaped south-westerly facing rear garden with a deep courtyard immediately outside the dining room with cedar clad extension, circular lawned area, raised beds with a variety of shrubs and plants.
STORAGE: (8' 6'' x 7' 5'') (2.59m x 2.26m)
useful storage room opening into the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent change of £6.0s.0d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.