Cheltenham Road, Cotham
An impressive and welcoming period family home, set in a favourable central location and close to range of shops and amenities. A stylishly presented and recently renovated, 3/4 double bedroom, 2/3 reception room semi-detached family home, having an extended kitchen/breakfast room with bi-folding doors, useful cellar space, plus large front garden and rear garden. The accommodation is very bright, full of period charm and character - having been fastidiously and cleverly enhanced by the present owners. The additional of a single storey rear extension creates a fabulous open-plan kitchen/dining room having skylight and bi-folding doors to a landscaped south-west facing rear garden. The windows at the front of the house have been replaced with wooden double glazed sash windows whilst the originals to the rear have been renovated with inclusion of draft excluders. Set in a favourable central location which is close to a range of bars, restaurants, cafes and independent shops on Cheltenham/Gloucester Road, Stokes Croft and Picton Street. Montpelier local train stop is close by and even Cabot Circus is within 1km. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, drawing room, study/bedroom 4, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom/WC. First Floor: part galleried landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/WC. Outside: front garden (approx. 50ft x 13ft min/26ft max), landscaped south-westerly facing rear garden (39ft x 16ft max). A delightful three-storey (including cellar) house which exhibits the best of the new and the old combined to create a very special family home.
- Concealed behind a 50ft landscaped front garden
- Favourable central location close to amenities
- Impressive period family home
- Having an abundance of period features
- Expertly renovated to combine the old with the new
- Extended kitchen/dining room with skylight & bi-folds
- 3/4 double bedrooms
- 2/3 reception rooms
- Useful cellar space
- Landscaped south-west facing rear garden
wrought iron pedestrian gate passing between two stone pillars with steps rising to the front garden, pathway rising to the left hand side and leading to the front entrance door. There is a side access door giving access to the rear garden. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
marble flooring with inlaid entrance mat, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Part multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
a most welcoming introduction to this fabulous family home having wooden flooring and an elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with sweeping handrail and ornately carved spindles. Tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, wall light point, ceiling light point. Part multi-paned wooden door opening to the rear hall (see below). Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with splashback tiling, moulded skirtings, tiled flooring, opaque glazed window to side, ceiling light point.
STUDY/BEDROOM 4: 15' 7'' x 10' 3'' (4.75m x 3.12m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall double glazed sash windows, central period fireplace, panelled walls incorporating dado rail and picture rail, tall moulded skirtings, wooden flooring, ornate moulded plasterwork, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
DRAWING ROOM: 14' 10'' x 14' 2'' (4.52m x 4.31m)
multi-paned double doors with matching overlights overlooking and opening externally to the front garden, central period fireplace with tiled hearth and surround plus ornately carved mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, painted wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, two Victorian style radiators, ornate moulded plasterwork, two wall light points, ceiling light point.
powder coated aluminium door opening externally to the rear garden with panel to side, wooden flooring, ceiling light point. Door with staircase descending to the cellar. Open doorway through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
UTILITY ROOM: 7' 11'' x 7' 1'' (2.41m x 2.16m)
dual aspect with sash windows to the side and rear elevations, space and plumbing for washer/dryer, original base level cupboards with drawers above, radiator, raised height gas fired combination boiler.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 18' 6'' x 14' 2'' (5.63m x 4.31m)
a modern, stylish and recently created family kitchen/living space. Comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets. Slimline Hi-Macs quartz worktop with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Freestanding island unit (available by separate negotiation). Stainless steel Rangemaster combining double oven, grill and 5 ring gas hob (available by separate negotiation) with stainless steel extractor hood. Space for tall fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Wooden flooring, two Victorian style radiators, moulded skirtings, exposed brick wall, inset ceiling downlights, Crittall style skylight window. Powder coated aluminium bi-folding doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
CELLAR: 9' 10'' x 8' 6'' (2.99m x 2.59m)
having part restricted head height and providing three useful areas, the front part by the bay window measuring 9’10” x 8’6” (2.99m x 2.59m), light and power connected, modern switchboard installed.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: 15' 6'' x 10' 8'' (4.72m x 3.25m)
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via a tall sash window to the rear elevation, wooden flooring, two stained glass windows to the side elevation, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, two ceiling light points. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 13' 10'' x 10' 7'' (4.21m x 3.22m)
a pair of wooden double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, double opening built-in wardrobe, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, radiator, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 10'' x 14' 1'' (4.52m x 4.29m)
wide bay window to the rear elevation comprising four sash windows, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, painted wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 1'' x 12' 1'' (4.29m x 3.68m)
large sash window to the front elevation, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, two ceiling light points. Loft access.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 3'' x 7' 3'' (2.51m x 2.21m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps plus built-in shower unit with handheld shower attachment and tiled surrounds, low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with splashback tiling, tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, obscure glazed sash window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: 62' 6'' x 0' 0'' (19.04m x 0.00m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy from Cheltenham Road and being set well back. Along the front boundary there is a high stone wall with wrought iron railings. The garden is predominantly laid to lawn with deep shrub borders to either side featuring an established cornus tree, several roses, hydrangeas and ferns. Immediately in front of the drawing room and accessed via double doors there is a sitting out area with ample space for garden furniture and potted plants etc. Door to one side of the front door gives access to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: 40' 0'' x 18' 0'' (12.18m x 5.48m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly orientation and having been landscaped by the present owners, there is a brick sitting out area accessed internally via the rear hall or kitchen/breakfast room. Shaped section of lawn surrounded by brick edging with gravelled pathway. Discreetly tucked away there is a jacuzzi hot tub on timber decking (available by separate negotiation). Outside lighting and power.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.